PDA

View Full Version : Raodtrip! March 16th to MD Enduro...

imxlr8ed
2013.03.01, 09:25 AM
Ok, I've received our bodies for this event (thanks Ray!). Al and Steve are going to be their own team, who else is coming?

So far it's me, Dave and Quinny... not sure if anyone else wants to come on in with us so we can get another team going.

Quinny... if you want to paint one of these up, it's at my place if you want to pick it up. LMK

As far as our own Club Race for this month... I'm open to suggestions. I would prefer it to be towards the end of the month but Easter Sunday is the 31st. Not sure if you guys just want to run a Friday night, or maybe even a Saturday night? Post up your preferences!

arch2b
2013.03.01, 10:17 AM
look forward to seeing you guys again.

best person to contact for the local area would be mike keely. i'm a good hour away from the track myself.

just remember, no shaving the body, all bits must be used with exception of the front tow hook. i've already lost one :rolleyes: so unless your a completest, don't bother with it. i'm wrapping up painting the 3rd team car for remnant members this week. in order to get that many done in the time i have available, i went with a standard format and changed up the colors selected by the team; red, yellow and green. not as fancy as i would normally do them but time is precious these days and not getting a lot of it to do fun stuff.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.01, 11:46 AM
look forward to seeing you guys again.

best person to contact for the local area would be mike keely. i'm a good hour away from the track myself.

just remember, no shaving the body, all bits must be used with exception of the front tow hook. i've already lost one :rolleyes: so unless your a completest, don't bother with it. i'm wrapping up painting the 3rd team car for remnant members this week. in order to get that many done in the time i have available, i went with a standard format and changed up the colors selected by the team; red, yellow and green. not as fancy as i would normally do them but time is precious these days and not getting a lot of it to do fun stuff.

Hell of a job on that 599! That paint is so amazing it makes it look just like an old 84 Lebaron! :D:D:D (please don't fix those pics!) Are those PN wire wheel covers?

arch2b
2013.03.01, 12:38 PM
:rolleyes: you got me, looked in the wrong folder when attaching pictures..... that was a sales brochure for the 84 lebaron, which was my first car:p

imxlr8ed
2013.03.01, 01:49 PM
It's ok... apparently I can't spell Roadtrip!

racerquinn#1
2013.03.01, 04:05 PM
yeah i can come pick one up, if you are home tomorrow after 2..i can stop by and pick one up. i get done work at 2...if i go a certain way i can swing by.

i was jus thinking a bright great and black, i can figure it out.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.01, 04:16 PM
or if the guy has time..i can get him to do this!!

but i doubt it!!

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q73/racerquinny/7up_zps8d6537b3.jpg

imxlr8ed
2013.03.01, 05:10 PM
I'll text you then... let you know when and where tomorrow. Al just picked his up from where i work today.

I might bug Jimmy to come with us... I'm sure he'd like a break from his three kids!

Daddy Rabbit
2013.03.01, 07:47 PM
Ed.....You know if you can drive to MD, if you drive just a little further you would be in MB, SC. lol:D Just kidding.:cool:
Miss you guys down here in Myrtle Beach, we are having a pretty good size event tomorrow.:D
Take care.:)

imxlr8ed
2013.03.02, 12:01 AM
I know... if it was on Sunday, maybe I'd just slip something in everyone's drink for the "ride home" and they'd wake up in MB! ;)

Miss yall too! Landon's shop looks amazing and the carpet option should really help him out too! Mini-Zs are great but other scales will help with the sales numbers I'm sure! A well lit drift car class running round that rug would surely pull a crowd into the store, they are much more theatrical than regular racers.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.02, 10:44 PM
got my chargers off hobbypartz!! and got the body from ed...will drop off at the guys house hopefully tomorrow

racerquinn#1
2013.03.05, 05:41 PM
what is the plan for saturday!? time leaving, tim ewe should be at ed's...thats if we are going there to meet then leaving. i was wondering if we could meet friday and get stuff together, cars setup..etc etc!

imxlr8ed
2013.03.06, 12:53 AM
Meet up would be good, but I'm not sure it's necessary... I figured we'd be using my car and controller for the event. I know I can usually drive my own cars just fine, you (Quinn) should have no problem because I'm pretty sure if I installed a 130 motor into an actual turd, you would still have a good race. Dave is going to be the one to fine tune it anyways and we'll just adapt.

There is a specific chassis I have in mind already... I will update you guys when I get it just right.

I think we are either rolling down in my MPV or my RAV. Guess we'll meet at my place around 7ish?

racerquinn#1
2013.03.06, 03:17 PM
ok 7 sounds good, i dropped the car off to be painted. i had a nice simple paint scheme! i might hit larry up on his 2.4 soon. still debating!!

lfisminiz
2013.03.06, 04:40 PM
ok 7 sounds good, i dropped the car off to be painted. i had a nice simple paint scheme! i might hit larry up on his 2.4 soon. still debating!!

Its calling your name....:p:p;):D:):)

racerquinn#1
2013.03.06, 05:14 PM
hhaaha we will see!!

imxlr8ed
2013.03.06, 06:01 PM
Its calling your name....:p:p;):D:):)

I made the mistake of driving that car around with Greg when everyone else left that day... It's been calling my name too!

So, both of my 02s have nearly identical setups to that car Larry, do you think the 1 degree lower PN arms are the reason why that car is so stable? I've made a few tweaks here and there on both of my a-arm 02s to see if I can match it's driving characteristics, haven't had a chance to drive them yet though.

Honestly, I'd like to buy it but I don't want to take the chance away from one of my members. Maybe we could work a deal Quinn to get you up to 2.4 status? ;)

lfisminiz
2013.03.06, 06:16 PM
To be honest, i think i have only 1 03 with the 1 degree lower arm...but its worth a shot. I might have spares?
The 02 is there for who ever takes it. Probably have another 02 and probably could get an 03 togeter too.;):D

racerquinn#1
2013.03.13, 02:59 PM
i havent got the ferrari back yet :( so if you have a body ed to use for saturday. i havent heard anything from him at all since i gave it to him...he did ask what exact colors and a number on the side. but thats about it! he still has two more days to finish it. so fingers crossed!!!

racerquinn#1
2013.03.13, 05:25 PM
Nvm...got a hold of the guy, he said it should be done by Friday and he should be sending me some pictures of the body tonight!

imxlr8ed
2013.03.13, 05:53 PM
Is he doing all of the detail work too, like the lights, the vents, the pins? Just curious if I'll need to bring my sharpies. Also... what kind of paint does he use?

racerquinn#1
2013.03.14, 08:34 AM
yeah he is probolly going to do the little thing too. and im not sure waht paint. i can ask him later.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.14, 10:48 AM
house of colors, one shot, PPG...auto and pinstripe paint and not model paint. thats what he told me

imxlr8ed
2013.03.14, 01:54 PM
Whoa... heavy duty! just as long as it doesn't shatter off with a few hits.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.14, 05:18 PM
haha yeah i hope it doesnt shatter either. but it will make a cool debris obsticle!

racerquinn#1
2013.03.15, 05:04 PM
quick question..will i need o bring anything, other then the body. i charged up all my batteries and controller batteries just in case.

imxlr8ed
2013.03.15, 08:54 PM
Bring your usual stuff, we're taking the van down so theres room.

racerquinn#1
2013.03.15, 09:22 PM
Bring my whole box and eveything. I got the body back!! It looks good, for a last minute paint job too! I well, we will put it through its paces tomorrow.

See you guys bring nd early!