PDA

View Full Version : Check out my custom Motor POD

F_Zero
2013.03.07, 04:20 PM
The is the lowest Motor Pod ever created on MS PAINT and for the Mini-Z ethuists around the entire globe for MR-01/02/03....

http://s22.postimage.org/oc1u0xym5/MR_03_MOTOR_3.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/oc1u0xym5/)

Basically, you just take a motor plate and bend it along the motors length.... then adding the 2 pre-drilled holes and or like I posted there 2 cylinder shafts to mount the motor pod underneat the cradling motor pod with 2 more screws, just like a standard motor plate, you will do the same thing to adjust.

Tell me if this is a good idea, I will pass it along, maybe I can get Kyosho, Atomic R/C Atomic Mods, EXOTEK and PN Racing to emplore this design. What do I want in return? 1 free MR-03 and MA-010 RTR's.

You can also build a built-in rear difuser or a abs added diffuser as well as a shock mount or cf convereted mounting holes in the rear, a carbon cf shaft, etc, etc, etc,

bcpzx3
2013.03.07, 07:54 PM
I'm having trouble trying to visualize how this will mount onto the car.

F_Zero
2013.03.08, 03:19 PM
It doesn't matter is just a concept. The motor pod is probally too long to support the length of the chassis because it is a slide motor pod. The 2 holes on the front of the pod mount a custom cf t-plate, but can be designed for any type.

bcpzx3
2013.03.08, 03:56 PM
It doesn't matter is just a concept. The motor pod is probally too long to support the length of the chassis because it is a slide motor pod. The 2 holes on the front of the pod mount a custom cf t-plate, but can be designed for any type.

Where do the differential and wheels go?

Also what type of dampening is this suppose to support? DDS, Tri shock, stock shock, no shock, no dampening?

F_Zero
2013.03.08, 04:05 PM
The brearings go in through the left side with the 2 blocks on either end.

This supports a Kyosho Dampering plate and Spring with a Micro VCS oil shock. The vcs can be mounted to a cf plate that is screwed into the 2 screws you see at the left side where the bearing are being placed.

color01
2013.03.09, 04:58 PM
... So, if I understand this correctly, you have metal going over the motor can itself. I don't want to come across too harsh, but if you have any metal going above the centerline of the motor you can automatically take your mount design out of the Low-CG category. A "lowest ever" motor mount would be a Reflex motor mount or the PN 94mm LCG V3 modified to put the flat part of the can level to the bottom of the chassis. There is no beating that, because any lower and you would run out of mechanical support for the damper assembly and rear axle.