PDA

View Full Version : Rays CE28N wheels fit all but...

Black_Baron13
2013.04.02, 04:00 PM
The Taisan R33 GT-R? Yeah, it seem's I'm in a bit of a rut. Just to start off, I'v introduced myself to Mini-Z's not too long ago. I knew a few thing's about them when I was crazy about XMODs growing up, but I never bothered to mess with them... until now... So what have I done? Well, I went out and bought a MR-03 Chassis kit, and I'v picked the Taisan Skyline as my body to fit it.(Origonally inspired by a BlogSpot that features these car's over at AutoScaleStudio.com) So looking for wheels I would find attractive, I came across these alloy Rays CE28N bronze types that I desired. Now, I knew these car's had a wheel offset ratio, so I did my homework and checked atomic mods as my second reference. It seem's the front wheels have a -1.0 N... So what's the problem? The only -1.0 wheels made in the type I like are Wide.. So here's my two options..

A. Buy the -1.0 and have wide wheels up front. (I'm worried about them sticking out too much, and wheelbite against the chassis)

or B. Buy a .0 N and it shouldn't stick out but so much?

I'm really stumped on what to do about this... IIm new to this so please help clear my ignorance up on the subject, any tips would be helpful!

arch2b
2013.04.02, 08:34 PM
Correct my math I needed but

-1 narrow = 7.5mm

-1 wide = 10mm
0 narrow = 8.5mm

This would mean 0 narrow is +1mm over stock

xmodcanuck
2013.04.02, 10:27 PM
You're looking at the offset for a MR-02 chassis, which has a wide front track. Since you have a MR-03 you can set the front to narrow and use the front offsets for a MR-015, which would be +1.5N, readily available in the CE28. Excellent choice in wheels, I have 6 sets of them.

Black_Baron13
2013.04.06, 06:53 PM
Alright, I'll have to look into that. I can always adjust my chassis to narrow or wide if anything, too.

But you guy's know better than I do, so I'm taking your advice foremost! :)

It's good to meet you two as well, I'm going to try and be a norm around here if I can. I have some of my XMODS I can throw up in the other thread too!

arch2b
2013.04.07, 08:48 AM
You're looking at the offset for a MR-02 chassis, which has a wide front track. Since you have a MR-03 you can set the front to narrow and use the front offsets for a MR-015, which would be +1.5N, readily available in the CE28. Excellent choice in wheels, I have 6 sets of them.

:eek: those are not cheap, that is a significant investment :cool: agree'd, great looking wheels.

optimaforever
2013.06.29, 03:17 AM
The Taisan R33 GT-R? (Originally inspired by a BlogSpot that features these car's over at AutoScaleStudio.com)

Happy to see that my pics helped you to get into Mini-Z :D