PDA

View Full Version : Software system that has sector splits capability?

cowboysir
2013.05.06, 09:24 AM
Hi,

We are doing a big track event and have the ability to install three timing beams.

Anybody know if there is a software program that can allow for timing beams to be used as a sector split time?

TheStig
2013.05.06, 09:42 AM
What decoders are you using?

cowboysir
2013.05.06, 01:45 PM
Does that matter?

We're using Trackmate readers and transponders which we use with Flipside software.

TheSteve
2013.05.06, 01:49 PM
Does that matter?

We're using Trackmate readers and transponders which we use with Flipside software.

It matters because not all hardware can communicate with all software packages. There are many different protocols in use.

For this question though you can assume the Trackmate system is compatible with the ambrc serial protocol.

ffreitas
2013.05.06, 03:18 PM
We tried Zround with I-LapRC Race Timing System (www.rclapcounter.com) and could make it work by connecting several sensors to each other and positioning them in different parts of the track. The only thing we had to do was to divide the number of "laps" by three (there were three sectors) in order to have the actual number of laps raced.

ffreitas
2013.05.06, 03:20 PM
There is a discussion of this possibility towards the end of this thread: http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=431768&highlight=sector#post431768

TheSteve
2013.05.06, 04:21 PM
Ideally I think two actual controllers with three loops/pickups is all that is needed. One controller/loop would be your official start/finish line. The second controller would have one loop setup at the end of sector one and a second loop setup at the end of sector two.
With this setup only two usb ports or com ports are needed and you would have the three sectors like F1 uses. The challenge is the PC software which someone needs to develop. I can Flipside doing a great job of this.