PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for taking out ball bearing?

kunming
2013.05.13, 03:04 PM
i have a hard time getting bearings out from the wheel and the chassis for cleaning. Do you have any tips to get them out. I used the 1.5 hex driver to get them out by put the tip in and try to lift it up, this way I just afraid of breaking the bearing or the chassis itself. Another thing, how do you get the wheel out from an autoscale body? Just pull its from the shaft or do i need to use special tool to take the wheel nuts off? Thank you everyone I just to new to the mini z thing:)

twinkie
2013.05.13, 05:06 PM
there is a tool for removing and installing the bearing. I think atomic sells one. Can be used on many different sizes. Its a very useful tool.

blt456
2013.05.13, 05:36 PM
Which wheels do you use? The last time I used the Atomic s6 wheels, they were extremely tight on the bearings and I actually broke one trying to remove it from the wheel. I haven't ever had this problem with Atomic dish rims or PN wheels. I have found bearings (Atomic, reflex, and pn) fit great inside of PN delrin wheels.

arch2b
2013.05.13, 08:09 PM
there is a tool for removing and installing the bearing. I think atomic sells one. Can be used on many different sizes. Its a very useful tool.

good luck finding this very handy tool. i got mine just before they sold out ages ago. really don't understand why they haven't made another run over the years.

unearthed name
2013.05.13, 10:29 PM
use a phillip screwdriver, and then wiggle the bearing out. need to be able to go inside the bearing.