PDA

View Full Version : 1/24 2.4ghz tanks

Sinister_Y
2013.05.29, 09:02 AM
thinking of starting to carry the 1/24 scale VSTank lineup. Probably mostly IR with some airsoft models. I'll also carry the scenary, buildings and army dudes.

From the initial costs, it looks like boat is the only way to import these things at an economical scale.

I will either setup a specific "game board" or just use the mini-z track and put some ramps and "fake" walls (i.e. cardboard between the track lanes) so tanks will have some good shooting points and hiding places one day a week.

Thoughts or experiences?

arch2b
2013.05.29, 12:32 PM
i've not seen it done before so really looking forward to seeing what you come up with and what works. i was always interested in the airsoft tanks but my wife put the kibosh on that. rc tank was one thing, a shooting tank was another headache. :rolleyes:

Draconious
2013.05.30, 09:06 AM
Been thinking of ordering a bunch of these myself...
But to use for event rentals.

http://www.slotcarrental.com/Graphics/TankArena.jpg
Just an arena concept I drew up, to help the thinking process.
Good for: Tank Hockey, Capture The Flag, and just Combat.

kondre2000
2013.05.30, 10:42 AM
thinking of starting to carry the 1/24 scale VSTank lineup. Probably mostly IR with some airsoft models. I'll also carry the scenary, buildings and army dudes.

From the initial costs, it looks like boat is the only way to import these things at an economical scale.

I will either setup a specific "game board" or just use the mini-z track and put some ramps and "fake" walls (i.e. cardboard between the track lanes) so tanks will have some good shooting points and hiding places one day a week.

Thoughts or experiences?

I bought 3 of the VS 1/24 tanks a few years back for my son, daughter and I to use together. IR versions.
not bad tanks....better when used indoors. outdoors ok, keep them out of deep sand, and out of WOODCHIP areas.
Gear boxes are plastic and teeth break off easy. 2 of the 3 broke, I was able to sacrifice 1 and got 2 running now. they dont go outside anymore.
getting replacement gear box was impossible as the company is not reachable by users like me.

we now run 1/16 scale Torro IR tanks with metal bodies and gearboxes...those arent perfect either, but can handle much more abuse outdoors.

the IR system on the VS tanks are better than the IR on the Tagien brand of tanks. (the Torro brand uses Taigen parts) i think all the 1/16 are using Heng Long parts really though.

the 1/72 VS tanks are not really any good. we have a set of those too. control is bad and just not enjoyable.

there, thats my input.
Kevin

FocusOne
2013.05.31, 04:16 PM
I bought 3 of the VS 1/24 tanks a few years back for my son, daughter and I to use together. IR versions.
not bad tanks....better when used indoors. outdoors ok, keep them out of deep sand, and out of WOODCHIP areas.
Gear boxes are plastic and teeth break off easy. 2 of the 3 broke, I was able to sacrifice 1 and got 2 running now. they dont go outside anymore.
getting replacement gear box was impossible as the company is not reachable by users like me.

we now run 1/16 scale Torro IR tanks with metal bodies and gearboxes...those arent perfect either, but can handle much more abuse outdoors.

the IR system on the VS tanks are better than the IR on the Tagien brand of tanks. (the Torro brand uses Taigen parts) i think all the 1/16 are using Heng Long parts really though.

the 1/72 VS tanks are not really any good. we have a set of those too. control is bad and just not enjoyable.

there, thats my input.
Kevin

You can easily get replacement gearboxes off the Toyeast website. They sell the tanks and replacement parts there.

I put my King Tiger through a construction site and the dry sand and roots clogged up the treads and broke the gearbox. Replacement arrived within a month of ordering.

NoBrainer
2013.06.01, 06:26 AM
I would recommend ir and just use them indoors.
Airsoft is often weak and get destroid fast.
But with a track of some kind and some obstacles to hide behind would be fun.

FocusOne
2013.06.04, 06:45 PM
IR is fun if you have friends of kids to play with. But being the only one into this hobby (in my circle of friends/family) the airsoft was the way to go. I've had the King Tiger for almost a year and the gun still works well and shoots strong enough.

Sinister_Y
2013.06.06, 07:48 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I've taken all the information under advisement. Cheers.