PDA

View Full Version : September 28, 2013 - Kyosho Stock

arch2b
2013.08.26, 08:12 PM
This will be held at Hobby Works, Fairfax, VA

we will be running HFAY #1 in order to get practice for HFAY S16 race 7 and 8 in October.

http://www.howfastareyou.com/hfayprod/static/uploads/tracks.printablepicture.89d0f6047de15f49.484641592 d747261636b2d315f7072696e74696e672e6a7067.jpg

arch2b
2013.08.27, 03:55 PM
i have the collection of zround, core and flipside programs i will bring. Bill will bring his core loop. the intent is to use core loop/FlipSide for stock and 90mm as we don't have to go through rounds of qualifying just yet. transponders are also cheaper and less technically difficult to deal with which is great for these classes.

TheRinger
2013.08.27, 10:16 PM
Hopefully I will remember to bring core. And that it will work.

arch2b
2013.09.19, 10:10 PM
ok, we know core works with bill's loop as i tested it. i have not been able to get flipside to work correctly however.

Kevin has the club loop for troubleshooting.

i ordered a 4 way SVGA splitter, 50' svga cable and new network cable. i know the remnant guys replaced their shielded cable and have noticed less misses.

i'll need some assistance in pulling, hiding cables to setup at least 1 more monitor. if we can get another cable, we can setup both extra monitors. if anyone has small zip ties, bring a couple. i imagine i'll need to zip cables in place to keep them up and out of the way.

arch2b
2013.09.19, 10:11 PM
anyone interested in $15 Kenwood or Rothsman LM autoscales with wheels please email me. :)

KWT
2013.09.20, 01:43 PM
I got Core and Flipside to work on my laptop. I will bring my laptop with me. I should also have zip ties

arch2b
2013.09.20, 02:19 PM
Awesome! any idea what the trouble was or did it all work right away for you?

Bill has his loop so if you want to borrow mine, that's ok with me.

i'll bring what left over core transponders i have with me this date. beyond that, will need to order generic transponders.

KWT
2013.09.20, 02:43 PM
It didn't work right away. I opened up the unit and reseated the connection between the two boards and made sure the loop was not loose. I also used the newest usb drivers listed on the flipside website.

arch2b
2013.09.20, 03:16 PM
cool. need to make another cardboard template to slip in Bill's loop. i can always leave the template on the shelf when not used.

TheRinger
2013.09.22, 08:39 PM
Thought I bring this up. But I believe this is also a time trial layout.:D

briankstan
2013.09.23, 09:56 AM
Thought I bring this up. But I believe this is also a time trial layout.:D

Yes it is a Time trial layout. Hope to see you guys submit some time trial times for it. we did last time we had it setup. :)

http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/8

arch2b
2013.09.24, 01:07 PM
maybe we do individual time trials for qualifiers :p gives up times to submit to HFAY for stock class racing. 50 laps should be about 4 minutes +/- which isn't bad for the usual turn out.

TheRinger
2013.09.26, 12:04 PM
Unfortunately I'm probably not going to make it. Catch y'all at the next one.

soyverde
2013.09.27, 11:36 PM
Looks like I'm not going to make this one either, unfortunately. Was looking forward to bringing my daughter along, but I've got a nice cold, and there is another scheduling conflict in the family to boot.

I'll see you guys next time. K, if you want me to send a paypal payment your way for the autoscale, just let me know. I've been looking for one of those for years.

arch2b
2013.09.28, 07:32 PM
we had a fun day. I got all the computer stuff rewired and hooked up (not the back up pc).

the results for our 10 minute stock main race were:
John 97 laps 10:01.09
K 78 laps 10:02.42
Raymond 68 laps 8:09.39
Austin 62 laps 9:59.82

we had just run a 10 minute run before the main and i forgot to change batteries. when my car drawled to a snails pace i thought the batteries died but i changed the batteries and the car ran just as slow so i just turned it off to let it cool down. i put a solid 90 minutes on the car today so it was running hot all day.

austin debuted his porsche 934 and it ran nicely despite hopping all over the place. his driving line is already noticeably improved. i put a hot lap in on it that was just above my hot lap with my nissan. John ended up with the hot lap for the day with 4.84 i think it was. K's porsche ran smooth but had an utter lack of on throttle power which killed his lap time every time he got bumped or nicked a wall sapping forward momentum. he ran a time trial hitting a wall only 3 times in 50 laps which i felt was remarkable but the overall time was a minute over my time, and i hit the wall more than 3 times:rolleyes: his car just had no oomph. :confused:

john's mercedes was running great today. it had the speed and power for sure and was running close with me all day.

i'll try to get michael to tag along next month. hopefully we see some of the people that have been buying kits show up. met a really nice guy with his daughter early in the morning that were really interested.

thanks to those that were able to make it out today, i had a good time and i hope you guys did as well. :p

anyone hear from Rene/Julien, Marcus or Dwayne?

KWT
2013.09.28, 10:16 PM
We had a great time.

Thanks to Ray for giving Austin a spare knuckle. I forgot to get some spare screws from Ray.

If anyone has an Enzo front body mount not being used please let me know. Mine snapped in half yesterday and I had to change bodies for today's race.

arch2b
2013.09.29, 09:29 AM
drat, email me your address and i'll send some.

ian, i have your esso supra.