PDA

View Full Version : MR-03VE ICS settings manual

Mitchell
2013.09.18, 09:02 AM
http://www.rcteam.cz/clanky22/20130916BTprogMiniZ_MR03VEManagerCut.jpg

Do you have some experience and can you share basic information about contain of MR-03VE ICS setting ?
What exactly each of ICS item means and influes ?

Steering Power
Steering Speed
Punch
Neutral
Dumping
Steering Gyro effect
Throttle Gyro effect

Back Timing
Neutral Brake
Motor Time Constant
Curve Control
F Punch
Throttle Max Resolution
Neutral Range

How the behavior of car changes by each different set up ?
What is recommended and what better to avoid ?

Thanks

TheSteve
2013.09.18, 10:43 AM
Steering Power
Steering Speed
Punch
Neutral
Dumping
Steering Gyro effect
Throttle Gyro effect

I'd leave the above stock with the MR03VE unless you have a gyro installed, then you may need to experiment with the last two settings.

The throttle/motor settings are the ones I'd focus on.

Back Timing - This is how long it takes to be able to engage reverse.(I put this at the lowest(quickest) setting)

Neutral Brake - This is how much drag brake(braking force applied when not applying power to the motor) I put this to maximum.

Motor Time Constant - This is motor timing(I'd leave it at the stock setting) Higher timing should equal more power, but also more heat.

Curve Control - This is the throttle curve(I like the stock setting)

F Punch - This is minimum throttle. I like to have this as low as possible, especially for tight tracks

Throttle Max Resolution - This should be an RPM limiter, never noticed it do anything when running on 4 AAAs

Neutral Range - This is how big the neutral area is for your transmitter trigger, I'd leave it at the stock setting.

Mitchell
2013.09.18, 02:55 PM
When I use Android soft (see my another thread http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=447538#post447538 ) there is more options on Throttle page (description in japanese) then on the screen of MR-03 VE ICS Manager.

http://www.rcteam.cz/clanky22/20130916BTprogMiniZ_Screenshot_2013-09-16-20-21-31_newopt.png

It seems there is :
- the same menu and its options for Back Timing/Neutral Brake/Motor Time Constant/Curve Control/F Punch
- much more options for Throttle Max Resolution (LowA, LowB, LowC, Low, Normal, Over)
- the same menu and its options for Neutral Range
- some complementary menu in the bottom (but with only japanese characters of the title...) => Mid, MidLow, Low

Do you think it can usefully extend setting possibilities ?
Have you an idea what can be the last menu (in yellow brackets) ?

TheRinger
2013.09.18, 08:15 PM
So I guess their not coming out with a setting card for the brushless mr03 for the ICS programmer?:o

Mitchell
2013.09.29, 01:38 PM
Neutral Brake - This is how much drag brake (braking force applied when not applying power to the motor) I put this to maximum.

After my experience and tests of MR-03VE with 4x HiMH AAA, I am quite disappointed mainly by menu NEUTRAL BRAKE.
I see pratically NO influence between setup 1 or 5.

I expected much stronger and sharper difference and influence on the car behaviour.

Do you have the same or different experience ?

Rune
2013.09.30, 06:01 AM
I feel a difference when adjusting neutral brake.
The radio settings are very important also. Make sure you have it in centre before you test.

The difference is not big, but still noticeable.