PDA

View Full Version : PNR MR02 Brushless @ the PNWC2012

yasuji
2013.11.17, 11:24 AM
making a change from the Mosler to the 599 for the AAA Mains yielded about 10%more steering allowing me to be able to contest for the PNWC title in Paris France!

A1 2nd
A2 4th
A3 1st
Overall result 1st
Fastest Race: A3 40 08:00.760 (knowing that i needed to win to be in contention for a podium spot!)
Fastest Lap A2 11.157 (the result of playing catch up!)

yasuji
2013.11.17, 11:35 AM
and a few more

yasuji
2013.11.17, 11:38 AM
and more....

lfisminiz
2013.11.17, 06:17 PM
Thanks Grant. :) Still liking the 02 chassis more, i see.

chad508
2013.11.17, 08:14 PM
Shouldn't it be the pnwc2013. :)

yasuji
2013.11.17, 08:49 PM
Shouldn't it be the pnwc2013. :)
edited! :D

quazster
2013.11.18, 03:33 AM
So this is the machine that was really flying at your command!

Just one question about the Mosler body. What are the advantages in your opinion? I have seen you race the body in question quite a bit. In my testing I have never managed to make the Mosler dance the way I like, feels heavy and somewhat "dampened" feel to the car. Also seems to require heavy preparation if you wan't to extract everything there is. But one thing is sure, the wall handling is among the best there is and gives you the confidence to keep the tightest line in fast sweepers.

It was nice racing against you and your car Grant!

-Tuomas

Felix2010
2013.11.18, 07:30 AM
Hi Grant --- First off, congrats on your victory at the PNWC! Another trophy under your belt! Great job and proof again that PN Racing makes World Champion caliber hop up parts :)

I looked at your pics you posted (*Thank You* for posting pics!!), and I am wondering if you can tell me what T-Plate you ran?

I love that you run the MR02 chassis... I still run the MR02 chassis also on a couple of my cars but... MR02 chassis parts and replacement MR02 skeleton chassis and my favorite the solid-gray MR02 chassis are difficult to find anywhere and are starting to become scarce... Is Kenon going to try to keep a stockload of MR02 chassis' in for us racers who prefer the MR02 over the less-durable MR03 chassis??

yasuji
2013.11.18, 09:45 AM
So this is the machine that was really flying at your command!

Just one question about the Mosler body. What are the advantages in your opinion? I have seen you race the body in question quite a bit. In my testing I have never managed to make the Mosler dance the way I like, feels heavy and somewhat "dampened" feel to the car. Also seems to require heavy preparation if you wan't to extract everything there is. But one thing is sure, the wall handling is among the best there is and gives you the confidence to keep the tightest line in fast sweepers.

It was nice racing against you and your car Grant!

-Tuomas
tuomas! first congrats on ur victory as well as ur great runs in gt mod
as far as the mosler.... it is a very well balanced body.. but to make it perfect there IS alot of preparation involved such as ...shortening the body height,lowering it on the chassis, lowering the cg of the body to get rid of the damped feeling
and about an hour with the dremel shaving the body from the in side
i get my mosler body with
the pn wing installed down to 28g:D

yasuji
2013.11.18, 09:49 AM
Hi Grant --- First off, congrats on your victory at the PNWC! Another trophy under your belt! Great job and proof again that PN Racing makes World Champion caliber hop up parts :)

I looked at your pics you posted (*Thank You* for posting pics!!), and I am wondering if you can tell me what T-Plate you ran?

I love that you run the MR02 chassis... I still run the MR02 chassis also on a couple of my cars but... MR02 chassis parts and replacement MR02 skeleton chassis and my favorite the solid-gray MR02 chassis are difficult to find anywhere and are starting to become scarce... Is Kenon going to try to keep a stockload of MR02 chassis' in for us racers who prefer the MR02 over the less-durable MR03 chassis??

thanks... i am running the #2 fiberglass tplate
i believe that kenon has them in stock and we will continue to keep them in stock until they become discontinued... this is my worry as well!....:)

Niklaz
2013.11.18, 12:30 PM
making a change from the Mosler to the 599 for the AAA Mains yielded about 10%more steering allowing me to be able to contest for the PNWC title in Paris France!

Congrats on the victory! Its good that someone keeps Tuomas off the top podium :)

Any particular reason you drive a F599 instead of an Audi? I find the latter much more nimble than the F599.

cowboysir
2013.11.18, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the photos Grant....you've inspired me to try the spring combos on my MR02 for our next meet.

If you don't mind my asking:

1. White springs for the A-Arm front are white A-Arm specific or just white PN MR02?
2. What grade of T-plate do you use for that setup?

Thanks and congrats,

D.

color01
2013.11.18, 10:35 PM
Funny seeing you run softer and softer T-plates as time passes, eh Grant? :D What happened with the 458 for this race, too loose?

yasuji
2013.11.18, 11:25 PM
Congrats on the victory! Its good that someone keeps Tuomas off the top podium :)

Any particular reason you drive a F599 instead of an Audi? I find the latter much more nimble than the F599.
yes the audi is a great fast body.... but the shape of the front of the body makes it unfriendly with the rails...the mosler is great for agressive driving like my self... and the 599 is 2nd:D

yasuji
2013.11.18, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the photos Grant....you've inspired me to try the spring combos on my MR02 for our next meet.

If you don't mind my asking:

1. White springs for the A-Arm front are white A-Arm specific or just white PN MR02?
2. What grade of T-plate do you use for that setup?

Thanks and congrats,

D.

they are version 1 springs.... the softest.... in the current v3 kit it is similar to the to the copper color
and for the smooth side i have found that the 2 or 3 pn g-10tplate works the best...
on the rough side i use the 4 or 5

dameetz
2014.07.09, 12:11 PM
Is the MR03VE board a direct swap to fit in MR02 chassis? I ve been thinking about doing this conversion to my MR02 since I m more into brushless right now. How about the steering servo motor? Is there any link on how to do this mod/swap?

cowboysir
2014.07.09, 08:37 PM
The only major difference (similar to mounting an mr03 board in an 02) is swapping the servo motor positions and having a quality radio to adjust steering travel end points.

Otherwise if you've done a board swap you can pull this off

tudor_47
2014.07.10, 12:47 AM
Is the MR03VE board a direct swap to fit in MR02 chassis? I ve been thinking about doing this conversion to my MR02 since I m more into brushless right now. How about the steering servo motor? Is there any link on how to do this mod/swap?

The only major difference (similar to mounting an mr03 board in an 02) is swapping the servo motor positions and having a quality radio to adjust steering travel end points.

Otherwise if you've done a board swap you can pull this off

not really as the MR03Ve board is bigger than the Mr02 board, you might get in to fitment issues, will the board fit in the MR02 chassie..

dameetz
2014.07.10, 01:10 AM
As per this thread and pics from Yasuji, it can be done right? Anybody has done it please post internal pics of it as well as instruction on what to mod on the chassis....maybe Yasuji can chime in:)

cowboysir
2014.07.10, 08:23 AM
not really as the MR03Ve board is bigger than the Mr02 board, you might get in to fitment issues, will the board fit in the MR02 chassie..

The VE board is the same size as an AM board...therefore no fitment issues.

1. Swap servo motor to 02 model and reverse motor wire configuration.
2. Swap to 02 model on/off switch
3. Install.

Have fun.

dameetz
2014.07.10, 01:25 PM
The VE board is the same size as an AM board...therefore no fitment issues.

1. Swap servo motor to 02 model and reverse motor wire configuration.
2. Swap to 02 model on/off switch
3. Install.

Have fun.

Thanks for the info, I ll try to do it.