PDA

View Full Version : What kind of witchcraft is this?? AAA's 1.6v rechargables??

targetingxmod
2013.11.21, 07:28 AM
I have this in my hands:

What kind of witchcraft is this??

AAA's in 1.6v rechargable and said for heavy loads?
Hum, let me charge them...

Anyone know of "NIZN" technology? Experience?

This is my photo:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb18/fronterasportforum/Nizn16v_zpscd2c9579.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/user/fronterasportforum/media/Nizn16v_zpscd2c9579.jpg.html)

Sammich
2013.11.21, 09:13 AM
have you run them yet?

targetingxmod
2013.11.21, 10:37 AM
have you run them yet?

Nope, they arrived today and are charged by now!
Tonight i will try them out!

Let's see what they are. Seens powered :)

Never heard of NiZN tech, only NiCD or NiMH :eek: and need a specific charger!

chad508
2013.11.21, 11:43 AM
There are a few threads on here about these zinc batteries. They have alot of power but don't last long if I remember correctly.

arch2b
2013.11.21, 01:34 PM
these have been around for some time and discussed here before, just have not picked up steam due to well, horrible reputation. there are countless reviews showing horrible drop off in performance, etc. a major manuf. stopped making them thus you can find them cheaply on amazon and ebay.

for the most part, they won't be legal at events either as most stipulate battery type but this is the reason why most event tech's ask that you leave the batteries with the car.

targetingxmod
2013.11.22, 06:12 AM
these have been around for some time and discussed here before, just have not picked up steam due to well, horrible reputation. there are countless reviews showing horrible drop off in performance, etc. a major manuf. stopped making them thus you can find them cheaply on amazon and ebay.

for the most part, they won't be legal at events either as most stipulate battery type but this is the reason why most event tech's ask that you leave the batteries with the car.

For the first charge and playtime, they are punchier, power compared to li-fe 6.6v. I like them a lot! BUT....
So you are telling me that the catch of this is the lost of power when they became charged overtime... like nihm's could be charged 100times without any lost of power, this what? Over 50 times they power off?

arch2b
2013.11.22, 07:25 AM
with voltage at 1.6 to 1.8, i'm sure they are punchier. Just do a good google search on NiZn reviews. there is a lot of information out there peaking in 2010 maybe and mostly in the photography circles. they have been around for many years though.

if anyone has charging techiniques for these with say a Maha/Powerex charger, please share;) the bundled charger my cells came with long ago was DOA.

RCPMini-z
2013.11.23, 04:29 PM
If Graphene technology enters the small scale battery industry, we are in for an incredible ride.;)