PDA

View Full Version : December 14, 2013 - HFAY Big Track Event 11

arch2b
2013.11.27, 07:55 PM
December 14, 2013 - HFAY Big Track Event 11

Fort Washington, MD 20744 ‎

Setup will begin 6pm Friday, December 13th.

location will open 9am December 14th.

Novice class will be included for younger drivers.

soulstice
2013.11.29, 09:22 PM
what time does this start?

arch2b
2013.11.30, 12:30 PM
updated post with location and times. novice class confirmed.

arch2b
2013.12.05, 07:32 PM
just a reminder, just over a week away. :cool:

byebye
2013.12.07, 09:20 AM
I think I'm going to attend this though my stuff is a few years back as far as hafy rules.

I may need a spec motor if anyone has one.

arch2b
2013.12.07, 09:55 AM
i'll take care of whatever you need :cool:

byebye
2013.12.07, 10:08 AM
i'll take care of whatever you need :cool:

Thanks arch. I'm going through my stuff and found a 70t motor. I also don't have a transponder.

I also have an MR-02, couple kt-18's and a bunch of spares. Do think any new racers with the club would be interested?

arch2b
2013.12.07, 10:26 AM
it would be a good audience if your looking to unload extra stuff ;)

i'll make sure you have a transponder available.

byebye
2013.12.07, 11:42 AM
it would be a good audience if your looking to unload extra stuff ;)

i'll make sure you have a transponder available.

Is anyone running mr-02's? I know it's been a while. I'll bring everything I've got.

KWT
2013.12.08, 01:19 PM
We will have a MR02 running.

imxlr8ed
2013.12.08, 01:38 PM
I'm still on 02, the A-arms seem to make up for what the 03 provides.

Barring any weather calamities, I'll be there. So far, Quinn is the only definite... I'm still contacting the other guys.

soulstice
2013.12.09, 01:40 PM
I think I'll be able to make this as well.

I'm running on old technology myself after a multi-year hiatus.

I'll need a transponder as well if someone has an extra one(if we're running GiroZ). If Core I have a bunch.

briankstan
2013.12.09, 03:24 PM
Kris (Chris?) and Sun.

great to see you guys posting again, hope you two are getting back into the hobby. :)

Mike Keely
2013.12.09, 06:14 PM
I think I'm going to attend this though my stuff is a few years back as far as hafy rules.

I may need a spec motor if anyone has one.

Hi Kris, it will be great to see you again. Any other family members coming along? I have a very good MR03 HFAY car already set up and ready to go for you. I have been messing around with a PN double A arm car lately. You are welcome to run my Reflex front end MR03. I always have it with me. If you need it I also have a spare Helios radio. Just let me know.

byebye
2013.12.10, 10:01 AM
We will have a MR02 running.
I have a bunch of stuff I'll bring

I'm still on 02, the A-arms seem to make up for what the 03 provides.

Barring any weather calamities, I'll be there. So far, Quinn is the only definite... I'm still contacting the other guys.

I remember Phil from PN was still running an a-arm setup but that was a few years ago.

Kris (Chris?) and Sun.

great to see you guys posting again, hope you two are getting back into the hobby. :)
Yeah I think this will be my winter hobby. I bought an FR-S recently and have been to AutoX already and a few cars and coffee. And of course it's taking my money modding it ;-)

Hi Kris, it will be great to see you again. Any other family members coming along? I have a very good MR03 HFAY car already set up and ready to go for you. I have been messing around with a PN double A arm car lately. You are welcome to run my Reflex front end MR03. I always have it with me. If you need it I also have a spare Helios radio. Just let me know.
Mike I would love to run one of your machines. I recall you had a hot Enzo last time we met up. I still have all of my gear but sadle only a couple sets of good batteries.

I'm looking forward to running this weekend weather permitting.:D

soulstice
2013.12.10, 10:32 AM
I have a bunch of stuff I'll bring

Yeah I think this will be my winter hobby. I bought an FR-S recently and have been to AutoX already and a few cars and coffee. And of course it's taking my money modding it ;-)

Nice! I got a BRZ a few months ago and plan to do autoX as well. Have not been out to an Cars and Coffee events yet. Are you on the FT86club forum?

soulstice
2013.12.10, 10:38 AM
Kris (Chris?) and Sun.

Thanks Brian. Good to be back. After running a few weeks ago for the first time in a few years I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this scale. Been dabbling in other scales(1/1 and everything else in between) in the time since but I have to say this still has the most bang for the buck.

byebye
2013.12.10, 12:24 PM
Nice! I got a BRZ a few months ago and plan to do autoX as well. Have not been out to an Cars and Coffee events yet. Are you on the FT86club forum?

Wha????? Congrats. Don't want to take it too off topic but...I am on ft86club same user name. There is also a mid-atlantic 86 club on FB.

Mike Keely
2013.12.10, 04:30 PM
I have not ran a Enzo in a few years. I do have a Lexus 430 you can run. Do you need the radio. Vincent Jackson might come and I was looking into what he could run. Sadly for us if Vincent does run all of us will most likely be running for second. :eek:

arch2b
2013.12.10, 04:48 PM
To bad Ryan is out for good. Anyone see ken? Jeremy said he might come too. Could be a reunion of sorts :)

byebye
2013.12.10, 08:05 PM
I have not ran a Enzo in a few years. I do have a Lexus 430 you can run. Do you need the radio. Vincent Jackson might come and I was looking into what he could run. Sadly for us if Vincent does run all of us will most likely be running for second. :eek:

Yeah I'll give anything a try.

To bad Ryan is out for good. Anyone see ken? Jeremy said he might come too. Could be a reunion of sorts :)

Yeah could be a reunion.

imxlr8ed
2013.12.11, 12:17 PM
I'm really hoping the weather doesn't do what they say it's gonna do. I don't want to miss this!

arch2b
2013.12.11, 02:56 PM
I would expect that kind of talk from those in the metro dc area. You guys north of the line are supposed to be immune to the likes of a little snow :)

imxlr8ed
2013.12.11, 04:29 PM
I am... I just don't look forward to the other people on the road who may not be. I can recall a time sitting on the beltway, 1 lane getting by out of 5 because someone couldn't handle a wet roadway... I can only imagine what happens when it's icy down there.

arch2b
2013.12.11, 05:14 PM
did you ever see the asteroid movie with the highway scene filmed in gainsville VA? it looks a lot like that. think this (http://www.google.com/imgres?sa=X&espv=210&es_sm=122&biw=1280&bih=898&tbm=isch&tbnid=9KGnba0jfr-BUM:&imgrefurl=http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/07/why-pop-culture-loves-traffic-jams/260505/&docid=nR-BEZT2VYPceM&imgurl=http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/culture_test/deepimpact.jpg&w=615&h=285&ei=qOOoUv-rIYKOyAHms4DYBA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:0,s:0,i:81&iact=rc&page=1&tbnh=153&tbnw=311&start=0&ndsp=20&tx=228&ty=88)

Mike Keely
2013.12.11, 05:23 PM
I would expect that kind of talk from those in the metro dc area. You guys north of the line are supposed to be immune to the likes of a little snow :)

Ray, if we do get this race on. Do you know how to make the extra screens showing the positions in a black and white format? I saw that they posted what they did to make it happen but it all just went over my head!!!:confused::eek:

arch2b
2013.12.11, 06:30 PM
do you remember the thread that was discussed?

KWT
2013.12.11, 09:14 PM
I haven't been to this place before, Where exactly are we meeting up /racing? where do we park?

Mike Keely
2013.12.11, 09:15 PM
I saw it in the Zround section v1.12 build 18

http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/manuals:tips:colorsmonitor2

I would love to have a black and white screen. The secondary screens are so hard to read in some of the color options.

KWT
2013.12.11, 09:18 PM
Based on what you posted, That doesn't look to hard to do.

I saw it in the Zround section v1.12 build 18

http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/manuals:tips:colorsmonitor2

I would love to have a black and white screen. The secondary screens are so hard to read in some of the color options.

KWT
2013.12.11, 09:22 PM
I forgot to mention, I will need 2 transponders if you guys are running anything else besides Core.

Mike Keely
2013.12.11, 09:55 PM
I forgot to mention, I will need 2 transponders if you guys are running anything else besides Core.

I am sure that we can get you set up. Why do you need 2? Is there two of you coming?

Google this address for the location. I am not sure where to park either but it is not that big of a place.

6700 Bock Rd

KWT
2013.12.11, 10:08 PM
One for my son and one for me.

I am sure that we can get you set up. Why do you need 2? Is there two of you coming?

Google this address for the location. I am not sure where to park either but it is not that big of a place.

6700 Bock Rd

Mike Keely
2013.12.11, 10:11 PM
We will work it out for everyone.

briankstan
2013.12.12, 10:22 AM
Dang, Just mapped it from my house (2,109 mi, 31 hour) It's a little to far to make it for me. :eek:

Mike Keely
2013.12.12, 11:24 PM
I am sorry to say this guys and gals but this race is not going to happen here in Maryland. The guy that I was dealing with doubled the price on me today to $20 a head. Believe it or not I did not tell him what I wanted to tell him. Not sure if I can make it happen at another location with the holidays coming so soon. We will have to make it some other race.

arch2b
2013.12.13, 09:11 AM
IMPORTANT UPDATE

i had a conversation with Mike this morning and we would still like to meet up with everyone that had already planned to race this Saturday, only do so at Remnant's location and forgo the BTE designation. The track layout would change so all are on equal footing however it cannot be the same as the scheduled BTE layout do to physical constraints of the space.

i will continue to plan to be in attendance with my son to race at Gary's this Saturday. if everyone can still make it, it would be great to meet up again but understand if plan changes alter your desire to participate. it's unfortunate this last minute snafu occurred and certainly thank Mike for his valiant efforts to work this out. this stuff takes time and effort and i'm thankful to Mike for that.

imxlr8ed
2013.12.13, 11:32 AM
I just found out last night that my loyal babysitter can't watch Mini-me tomorrow so I can't attend, wife works so it's down to me.

On the brightside... we will be racing the BTE layout on the 29th so if you guys got the time and a bit of gas money, you are more than welcome to attend! PM me if you need the address.

soulstice
2013.12.13, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear about the location troubles, that's unfortunate. Thanks for your efforts nonetheless.

Where exactly is remnant? Is this the correct address: 6103 Old Branch Ave, Temple Hills, MD 20748 ?

Same time?

arch2b
2013.12.13, 06:38 PM
6103 Old Branch Ave, Temple Hills 20748.

Just across the street from the Keiser Permanente on Branch Ave. If you know where Clinton Cycles is? It is on the same road but closer to the beltway.

asked Mike to confirm what time.

Mike Keely
2013.12.13, 07:22 PM
I am headed to the track now to change the layout. I will be there by 9AM tomorrow morning. I would like to be started by 11AM. I plan to run two qualifiers and a main in all three classes. HFAY then Mod then F1 in that order. I hope to see you there!

arch2b
2013.12.15, 12:31 PM
i'm sorry the event changed shape at the list minute despite best efforts to plan it out ahead of time. despite the changes, there was a good turnout and i for one had a very good time hanging out with a bunch of people i consider friends :p awesome to see Sun out and racing. absolutely great to hang out with Kris again after years while he was serving our country overseas. it was really nice to get back to Remnant to see all the guys, meet tommy, little dwight whom i've not met before.

i spent the morning setting up the schedule for us for the entire calendar year of 2014. as soon as HFAY website updates for s17, i'll update corresponding threads with appropriate track numbers and pictures.

dwight
2013.12.15, 01:47 PM
I had so much fun at this race. It was so great to see all of you guy's.Looking forward to many more races.

byebye
2013.12.15, 10:47 PM
Yeah I had a great time! I've since broke down my mod car and am prepping a stock hfay car.

It's always a pleasure racing at remnant and great to catch up with you again Ray. Can you believe it's been 9 years?

Anyway thank to everyone especially Ray and Mike for the spare gear to get me back on the track. :-)