PDA

View Full Version : "Maj's Hobby Shop Is Moving"

ruf993
2013.12.13, 03:10 PM
Itís My Deepest sadness that Majís Hobby Shop (aka MajMhall) is moving.
Since 2009 Majís Hobby Shop 2nd location (383 Market St, Saddle Brook, NJ) has catered and influence the MiniZ community with in the Tri-sate. Our goal was to provide the best possible environment for all the Track enthusiasts / miniZ racers. Do to the economic times we face currently at Majs Hobby Shop, I decided to restructure its location so I can overcome the current economic financial issues. After everything is finalized we will provide you MHS new location in the next few weeks. We are working hard looking for the right location to continue servicing our MiniZ community and the next venture of MHS.

Our Last Day at the current location will be February 1st 2014

Best Regards
Happy Holidays
Maj
CEO
Majsrc.com

ruf993
2013.12.13, 03:18 PM
I know its short notice but I felt it was my obligation to provide the last big race at MHS
Do to the holidays I think December will be a tough’s month to have an race. Since I have till February 1st looks like it’s going to be sometime in January 2014. If you guys would like to be part of history to race at the last race at the "MajMhall" :) race track please feel free to give your thoughts and ideas.

Best regards
Maj
CEO
Majsrc.com

lfisminiz
2013.12.13, 07:38 PM
Sorry to hear that but hope a new location works out better. Hope its not farther away for us long distance runners that come a couple times a year. ;)

EMU
2013.12.14, 02:58 PM
I am sorry to hear this. Have to try to come a few times before you move :p And then check out the new place :D

Cherub1m
2013.12.14, 05:53 PM
Wow, not expected. Which direction will you be moving? North, South...

lfisminiz
2013.12.14, 08:12 PM

Toward PA. ;):D

dwight
2013.12.14, 10:22 PM
Sorry about the move. I will make a trip up for this. Race I think it would go down in history as a great race.

ruf993
2013.12.15, 12:30 AM

Tops. Only 5min away. ;)

Towards closer east.... Sorry Larry :)

ActionRC
2013.12.26, 02:57 PM
Sometimes a move is a good thing! I'd like to come to the last big race. If you send emails, please add me to your mailing list. I haven't touched the Z's since Action, and I doubt my cars would run well with all of your newer stuff and on the new surface, but I'd still like to come. Justin, myself, and many of the Action guys have been running 1/10. Hope to see you guys soon! - Al :)

machgo5go
2013.12.27, 01:15 PM
I know its short notice but I felt it was my obligation to provide the last big race at MHS
Do to the holidays I think December will be a tough’s month to have an race. Since I have till February 1st looks like it’s going to be sometime in January 2014. If you guys would like to be part of history to race at the last race at the "MajMhall" :) race track please feel free to give your thoughts and ideas.

Best regards
Maj
CEO
Majsrc.com
OK, now Xmas is came and gone and finally 2013 is going to be over with, How about make an anything goes Race on the January 18th Saturday.
It is all out fun with foams on carpet like touring cars and brag all you want afterward as the last racers of a Heritage at Maj's old place of fun & trash talk!:D

J-Milz
2013.12.28, 11:47 PM
I'd like to shake off the mini:eek: one last time. I'm in.

egonzalez
2013.12.29, 04:22 PM
Do to the holidays I think December will be a toughís month to have an race. Since I have till February 1st looks like itís going to be sometime in January 2014. If you guys would like to be part of history to race at the last race at the "MajMhall" :) race track please feel free to give your thoughts and ideas.

Best regards
Maj
CEO
Majsrc.com

Count me in.... I will see you guys on Friday. I can't wait to race.

dwight
2013.12.29, 04:58 PM
Has a date been set for the race yet. I would love to come up from Maryland.

tommy_greeneyes
2013.12.29, 05:26 PM
Has a date been set for the race yet. I would love to come up from Maryland.

the Race is on the January 18th Saturday.:D

ruf993
2013.12.29, 08:11 PM
Ok it set Jan 18. Sat 2014

Doors open at 9 am. First race starts at 12:30pm

First class is our popular class "open"

Rules for that class is anything goes except there is no Pan/lexan bodies allowed.

Second class 2wd rubber tire 70t-50t or lower is allowed.
Any rubber tires is allowed except for silicon. No pan bodies
NiMh or Lipo

I'm open to run as many classes you guys would like minimum of 4 to make the class happen.

Since we run on carpet and foam tires any tires allowed except for silicon tires.
All none smelling traction compound is also allowed.

Run as many classes you would like. There is only one fee. It's going to be $20 a person.

This is an all out bragging rights type of race. No prizes no trophies no sponsors. Just an good old last race at on of the few tracks left for miniZ in the tri-state.

We use I lap transponders. Please let us know if you are planning to join this event that is in need of an ilap transponder.

Maj :)

tommy_greeneyes
2013.12.30, 06:03 PM
a 80 turn class would be awesome.I think that class could be fun if you leave the motors alone.:cool:

J-Milz
2013.12.31, 12:35 AM
So will the new location run mini racing? Where's the sponsors like Kyosho, atomic and PN? This is the last of the mohegans for the Mini z.

DMALMAD
2013.12.31, 12:44 PM
still mini-z but some parking lot 1/8th and 1/10th electric onroad is in the cards.

dwight
2013.12.31, 03:23 PM
What about a 90 mm hatch back race with 50t motor.

machgo5go
2014.01.01, 11:09 PM
a 80 turn class would be awesome.I think that class could be fun if you leave the motors alone.:cool:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh123/machgo5go/c47990a7-8555-4cc9-b15d-40176eb0639c_zps446aceb8.jpg
Time to dust off the old school 80T classic and see if it still drives!

EMU
2014.01.01, 11:20 PM
Now the question is, will 80t use Lithium?

DMALMAD
2014.01.02, 12:11 AM
Yeah, is it going to be 80 turn or 80 turn "open."

machgo5go
2014.01.02, 02:03 AM
Yeah, is it going to be 80 turn or 80 turn "open."Most likely NOT Open. Must run on Rubber Tires so will see if can from Pre-test and PN 80T as is, no internal messing around with Nimh Batteries.:p

tommy_greeneyes
2014.01.02, 11:18 PM
Most likely NOT Open. Must run on Rubber Tires so will see if can from Pre-test and PN 80T as is, no internal messing around with Nimh Batteries.:p

Listen here. I feel you should leave 80 turn motor class alone. Keep it stock as possible. Running rubber tires it's even cooler. The better drivers will pull through. You already have an open class.

DMALMAD
2014.01.02, 11:31 PM
So what are the classes going to be? So far 80 turn on rubber tires and open gt on foam or whatever. Could there maybe a pan car class like maybe 50 turn open pan car?

rajiex
2014.01.03, 12:11 AM
I am bringing everything I have.
90mm
94 narrow
open
pan
formula
mao01

tommy_greeneyes
2014.01.03, 04:52 PM
So what are the classes going to be? So far 80 turn on rubber tires and open gt on foam or whatever. Could there maybe a pan car class like maybe 50 turn open pan car?

50 turn pan class would be awesome also for a third class.:D

EMU
2014.01.03, 08:10 PM
ATM Stock-BB pan would be better :P Perhaps, 48-50t motor option would be best. Then racers could use ATM Standard and Stock or PN 50t to better suit their driving style. They are all more or less the same speed, with different torque curves.

Basically make it a pro-stock class, anything over 48t. (non modified motor)

rajiex
2014.01.05, 05:26 PM
any idea on what tghe classes will be

DMALMAD
2014.01.05, 05:55 PM
It will have an anything goes with gt style body and foam tires (which are amazing:cool:) most likely but everything else isn't for sure, whatever everyone wants to run is probably whats going to happen.

rajiex
2014.01.09, 01:11 PM
What time is racing and when are you opening the doors?

EMU
2014.01.11, 03:17 AM
Raj, I heard today that the doors will open at 9am. I believe that racing will start at noon, but not certain on that.

Went to the track today to try to dial in my car with Lithium power. It is nothing to be intimidated by, I feel that it reduces time spent working with batteries. Speed is higher, but overall punch is similar. There are AAA size lithium that fit the Mini-Z, although the chassis does need to be rewired to be 2S2P instead of 4S like it is factory but that is a relatively easy modification.

I used a 48t Atomic Stock-BB (Yellow) motor, and reluctantly lowered my hipoint (I usually never like to do that), and it was very drive-able with good runtime. This motor is one of the best motors that I can think of to run with Lithium. A 70t is ok, but not as efficient. This motor gets better power delivery, with more runtime. Perhaps a Kyosho 70t or X-Speed in a ball bearing can would be good... but I think the ATM Stock is the best motor for this application. Speed is comparable to a 33t with AAA NiMh, but more consistent in power for the duration of the race.

ruf993
2014.01.13, 08:42 PM
Ok it set Jan 18. Sat 2014

Doors open at 9 am. First race starts at 12:30pm

First class is our popular class "open"

Rules for that class is anything goes except there is no Pan/lexan bodies allowed.

Second class 2wd rubber tire 70t-50t or slower is allowed.
Any rubber tires is allowed except for silicon. No pan bodies
NiMh or Lipo

I'm open to run as many classes you guys would like minimum of 4 to make the class happen.

Since we run on carpet and foam tires any tires allowed except for silicon tires.
All none smelling traction compound is also allowed.

Run as many classes you would like. There is only one fee. It's going to be $20 a person.

This is an all out bragging rights type of race. No prizes no trophies no sponsors. Just an good old last race at on of the few tracks left for miniZ in the tri-state.

We use I lap transponders. Please let us know if you are planning to join this event that is in need of an ilap transponder.

Maj :)

tommy_greeneyes
2014.01.14, 06:18 PM
:D Okay guys lets go racing:D

DMALMAD
2014.01.14, 08:13 PM
I am probably not going to get there until 1:30 but I will be there. Anyone coming friday to practice?

EMU
2014.01.14, 09:37 PM
Any interest for AWD? I may be able to get a spare car ready for someone interested that doesn't have one...

I think open AWD would be best, no Pan bodies... Maj, do you have enough foam? If not, then perhaps a rubber tire restriction would be needed.

lfisminiz
2014.01.15, 07:19 PM
Any interest for AWD? I may be able to get a spare car ready for someone interested that doesn't have one...

I think open AWD would be best, no Pan bodies... Maj, do you have enough foam? If not, then perhaps a rubber tire restriction would be needed.

Eugene, like others have said, its GREAT your back into the Zs again. You were missed. Unfortunately, like i told Eddie, i wont be able to make it. Eds place, where we race monthly, is maybe getting hooked up with a local hobby shop and this weekend is the first weekend for it. I need to show up and support it and hope for better things to come out of this....more racers, better location etc...Hopefully ill catch you at the "new" Maj or our place sometime. ;):)

tommy_greeneyes
2014.01.15, 07:35 PM

Mmmmmmm I wonder who is the Mystery driver coming :rolleyes: I am actually looking forward to this race. It would be nice to see some old heads come back out race again.

tommy_greeneyes
2014.01.19, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Roland on your Win. Had a lot of fun racing with everyone. Thank you Majs for having a place to race every Friday night.:D look forward to racing at the new place soon

EMU
2014.01.20, 11:25 AM
Congratulations to Roland. He was unstoppable!

Larry, thanks... It would be great to race with you guys again. I will try to see if I can make it out there for a race sometime.

Its good to race again with familiar faces :) I still need to shake off some rust, and figure out what works for the carpet. Im looking forward to the new location.

I am really liking using Lithium power. It takes a lot of the battery maintenance out of the equation. It allows the driver to focus on setup and driving... I never felt like I had so much time at the race track and not worry about timing my charges to finish just before I am ready to race.

Number1
2014.01.21, 12:21 PM
Thanks, Eugene, it was nice to race you again.

I couldn't have agreed with you more about using the lipo battery. 1/10 and 1/12 scale racers have enjoyed the lipo many years now, it's about time we mini-zer start to using them.

Videos from the race:

Open GT A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYy2KAHZnV4
Open GT B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVMP6SxeUjo
Rubber Open A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-X3AlvWfhE