PDA

View Full Version : July 26, 2014 - Kyosho Stock

arch2b
2013.12.15, 10:26 AM
This will be held at Hobby Works, Fairfax, VA

we will be running HFAY # in order to get practice for HFAY S18 race 3 and 4 in August.

https://www.howfastareyou.com/hfayprod/static/uploads/tracks.printablepicture.85c2d4cb7b728488.484641592 d747261636b2d365f7072696e74696e672e6a7067.jpg

arch2b
2014.07.22, 01:43 PM
bringing this to the top!

I will be running my shiny new toyota LM in stock class :D

June begins 86mm class
I will be borrowing michael's 86mm as i have sent my 906 off to be run, tested, toyed with by someone else for for a short while. never fear, it will return to scoop you up and out of the way again;). Michael is serving out his 1 race suspension for unbecoming behavior so he won't need his lotus anyway.

if we don't have a lot of participation in 86mm, beyond being disappointed, we will run something else as well time permitting. i know many have expressed interest in VE only.

KWT
2014.07.23, 08:04 PM
Can we at least try to fit a brushless race in just to see how the times are compared to stock?

arch2b
2014.07.23, 08:07 PM
Absolutely.

arch2b
2014.07.26, 10:02 PM
mid season correction, 86mm and 90mm will remain an open MIXED class. you can run 86mm or 90mm wheelbase only.

debute race for a brushless class went well. i think it was fair to say that while there were some hicups, it was fun to say the least. oddly enough, total lap count was higher in stock class but it had an entirely different feel to it that was enjoyable. everyone but me had the eco tune motor and they ran quickly. i have the PN 8000Kv with throttle at 32 so it was a waste. good thing i requested a restock of the eco tune in the shop.

stock class was the usual great day of racing. i think most spent a good deal of time tweaking chassis's etc., including myself. i tried the 102mm toyota and found it just doesn't match my driving style for stock. i'll have to give it a try for some other class. i made the switch back to my 98mm R8 and the back end was hopping all over the place. it did it before but i had managed to tame it mostly. today it was jumping all around making it that much harder to come out of turns over correcting for course changes with the rear end jumping around. i love the R8 though so i'll need to spend more time getting that back to where it was before. i failed to take my own advice and leave well enough alone.:rolleyes:
running the gaulntlet in stock class today was also trying tuff, 30 minutes of wheel time competing with great racers and lots of pressure was daunting and great fun. the back and forth position changes with joey was a real challenge.

austin has made some great strides in his racing! he ran with the pack today and held his own.

i know i wasn't the only one dealing with setup gremlins today though so it was a test of patience, skill, etc. for many of us.

Sejin joined us again and gave us all a reminder he belongs in the A mains:p

if i wasn't marshaling the track, working on the PC i was rebuilding one of my cars and just didn't get a chance to chit chat much which is unfortunate. one of the best things about our club is hanging out with the members, catching up on tips, tricks, news, and the occasional, always friendly banter.