View Full Version : February 08, 2014 - HFAY S17 Race 3-4

arch2b
2013.12.15, 10:24 AM
This will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

we will be running HFAY # .

http://www.howfastareyou.com/

arch2b
2014.02.08, 06:41 PM
thank you to the guys who made it out today. everyone else missed some really good racing :)

despite some weird steering geometry of my setup, i did very well in counter clockwise. started in c main and bumped up to b main and a main.

the store has it's restock so plenty of stock parts on hand if anyone needs.

mike and bill were battling for fastest times for the day going back and forth. especially in counter clockwise qualifying.

i hope we all gave kris a warm welcome back to the club! be sure to thank him for donating the 40" screen that makes it much easier to see results, etc. from the other side of the room.

byebye
2014.02.08, 09:03 PM
Yeah what a day huh? It was a great first day back with the old DC gtg crew.

I really enjoy the amount of track time we are getting along with the qualifying format. I tried to put down as many laps as I could to get back in the grove. Thankfully everyone seems to be consistent. I can only get better from here.

Glad the LCD screen worked out. It was taking up space in my pit area at home :-)

Mike Keely
2014.02.08, 11:36 PM
Always a pleasure Kris.. There was not that much rust that you had to knock off. Your car was looking really good in the counter direction.

Ray did the iron man from the C to the A main. Good going Ray.

Bills car self destructed in both of the mains. His car was good in qualifying both ways.

I had a good time seeing everyone again.

arch2b
2014.02.09, 09:32 AM
what bill pulled off was nothing short of amazing in the CCW a main. i have no doubt bill would have been toe to toe with mike had he not broken his T plate. it was literally hanging on by a thread and he still managed nearly 100 laps. that ranks up there with top main finishes i've seen, including one with a driver left with 3 wheels. had he stopped to look at it, it would have killed his lap count. had it snapped completely, it would have done the same but he ran the edge all the way to the end.

TheRinger
2014.02.26, 02:05 AM
Aaaaawww your making me blush:o. It wasn't a good day as far as my cars self destructing but a good day anyways. Glad to see Kris back on the scene. The motor letting go in the clockwise Main and the t-plate breaking in the counter clockwise main all lead up to a bit of lack of maintenance. Especially believe it or not, that t-plate has been on that car I think about three years. Ray and mike would of definitely put down more laps if I wasn't in the way. But I was waiting for my car to burst into flames so I could feel my day was fully accomplished.:mad:. And when Mike Keely shows up, everyone is racing for second place. :D