PDA

View Full Version : March 08, 2014 - HFAY S17 Race 5-6

arch2b
2013.12.15, 11:24 AM
This will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

we will be running HFAY # .

http://www.howfastareyou.com/hfayprod/static/uploads/tracks.printablepicture.b9234bde04570f3c.484641592 d747261636b2d325f7072696e74696e672e6a7067.jpg

arch2b
2014.03.03, 09:38 PM
I'm very excited for racing this weekend! Should be close and tight racing.

Anyone use PN 6 rear tires? I have some sets to trade.

byebye
2014.03.03, 10:22 PM
Yeah should be. My HFAY car is no where as quick as my box stock car. I haven't spent enough time tuning I suppose. I ran it this past weekend in Mclaren guise but swapped it all back to 458 setup. Unfortunately the weather took away my Test n Tune so I'll have to tune it at the track.

Please please please do not let me show up late or forget those two tiles! I grabbed them from last Monday to use this past weekend. Any way to get a hold of Bill other than the forum? He did mention he was going to bring an oval.

arch2b
2014.03.05, 01:35 PM
FYI, i hope to continue using I-Lap from this point forward. I still have 2 transponders available for purchase if anyone does not already have one. they can also be purchased directly (http://www.rclapcounter.com/page1/page1.html#TB_inline?height=400&width=600&inlineId=detail7_page1) from I-Lap. don't forget the Power Harness - Mini Z - ICS Plug. it's the same as a Giro-Z harness however they are much more durable.

if anyone has extra's, please bring them just in case some of our Remnant drivers do not have one as they use Giro-Z.

byebye
2014.03.06, 06:24 AM
FYI, i hope to continue using I-Lap from this point forward. I still have 2 transponders available for purchase if anyone does not already have one. they can also be purchased directly (http://www.rclapcounter.com/page1/page1.html#TB_inline?height=400&width=600&inlineId=detail7_page1) from I-Lap. don't forget the Power Harness - Mini Z - ICS Plug. it's the same as a Giro-Z harness however they are much more durable.

if anyone has extra's, please bring them just in case some of our Remnant drivers do not have one as they use Giro-Z.

I've got two new racers coming up to race and will need transponders. They may snatch those up.

arch2b
2014.03.06, 07:13 AM
if i can get enough pre-orders, i can make a bulk buy again (10 for $350) which saves $2 per transponder. i just don't have that kind of scratch sitting around or i would have done it already.

your the first to request the 2 available so i'll hold them for you.

please be sure to check your motors, PN 70t or stock motors only. no advanced timing, etc. permitted for either.

can we also discuss when to kick off the lotus races ahead of the next stock race day? i feel we've had sufficient time to find the necessary parts be they stock or aftermarket. if not, please let me know so we can help each other out. we've seen what bill can do with it so we know it can handle and run fast. :p

Mike Keely
2014.03.06, 08:09 AM
I have 2 and I think that Dwight has 3. I will check tonight and let you know.

byebye
2014.03.07, 05:59 AM
if i can get enough pre-orders, i can make a bulk buy again (10 for $350) which saves $2 per transponder. i just don't have that kind of scratch sitting around or i would have done it already.

your the first to request the 2 available so i'll hold them for you.

please be sure to check your motors, PN 70t or stock motors only. no advanced timing, etc. permitted for either.

can we also discuss when to kick off the lotus races ahead of the next stock race day? i feel we've had sufficient time to find the necessary parts be they stock or aftermarket. if not, please let me know so we can help each other out. we've seen what bill can do with it so we know it can handle and run fast. :p

I'll grab those as soon as I get there. The motors they have are good to go.

I'll have my 90mm for test runs but I'd like to see how much interest there is in the lotus.

arch2b
2014.03.07, 07:37 AM
the lotus event or series is a sure thing, it's just waiting on a cut off date to allow people to get the parts together to run 86mm, either stock parts or aftermarket. everyone interested has bought the body already :p I do not have any extra bodies and nor can i get them (at our price) as they are now sold out. i plan on making the change over myself on or before the next stock class date. just no time to do it before this weekend. rather than take up HFAY chatter space, lets discuss as a group Saturday.

Mike and Dwight have I-Lap transponders for approximately 5 of the Remnant crew total.

Looks like were going to have E mains again :D who's going to run the gauntlet this weekend:p

Mike Keely
2014.03.07, 09:03 AM
I have 2 and Dwight has 2 plus Saint has one. I was not able to get their transponders though. I am not sure that we have enough for all of our crew that is coming.

arch2b
2014.03.07, 10:02 AM
if were still short we can always use giro-z as a fall back. we will be keeping both systems in house.

novaraca
2014.03.07, 10:32 AM
Guys,
Do you have the RF-902SM for Eurus I can borrow for tomorrow or buy off you?

My order got stuck in Maimi customs and I don't know when it will get here.

Never ever ever order anything from a seller with low rating on ebay!!!!!

I thought I was buying the item from Miami but the item was being shipped from Colombia!

byebye
2014.03.07, 10:33 AM
I'm only going to need 1 now.

novaraca
2014.03.07, 02:55 PM
Guys,
Do any of you know if rf-901sm is compatible with Eurus?

I am getting mixed research outcome.

Thanks,
Sejin

KWT
2014.03.07, 11:31 PM
Guys,
Do any of you know if rf-901sm is compatible with Eurus?

I am getting mixed research outcome.

Thanks,
Sejin

I have a brand new sealed in the box RF-902SM

arch2b
2014.03.08, 11:49 PM
14 drivers today!

another great day of racing everyone! very glad to meet our newest racers Joey and Nick and always glad to see familiar faces with Seth joining us for the day. had a good showing from Remnant as well.

i thought it would be fun to do bumps today with the big crowd but in the end, it cost us a lot of time so should return to straight 3 person mains. we ran all the way till shop closing today :cool:

not the best day for me, never really found a groove clockwise with my HFAY car. counterclockwise i just reverted back to my Kyosho Stock car and did much better. oddly enough, i tend to do better counterclockwise anyway. I managed to bump up again from E main up to C main counterclockwise.

some of the races were very close, like counterclockwise A main for Bill, Mike and Saint. counterclockwise D main for dwight and sejin finished on the same lap and exact same time down to the 3rd decimal place! can't say i've ever seen that happen before. kris and i had a close battle in clockwise C main in which i got right up there and tried to pass only to get rebuffed and need to play catch up. with about 50 seconds left, a slight mist step let me pass kris and managed to keep the lead till the end. my hands were still shaking with the adrenaline after the race ended, lots of pressure to catch up over and over then to hold the lead.

sorry i can't give away lap counts, you'll have to wait to see how we stacked up on HFAY results. :D

Kris will be ordering another batch of I-Lap transponders so please catch up with kris on the 22nd if you need to purchase any. we plan on moving over to I-Lap from this point forward at Hobby Works however we will keep our Giro-Z bridge on-site as well just in case.

don't forget to pick up parts as needed ;) there are plenty of tires, tire tape, etc. Jeremy said more sports series kits were reordered as well.

Mike Keely
2014.03.09, 01:26 PM
Hi Bill, not sure if I said congrats for your run in the CCW direction last night. Good run!

byebye
2014.03.10, 11:19 PM
14 drivers today!

another great day of racing everyone! very glad to meet our newest racers Joey and Nick and always glad to see familiar faces with Seth joining us for the day. had a good showing from Remnant as well.

i thought it would be fun to do bumps today with the big crowd but in the end, it cost us a lot of time so should return to straight 3 person mains. we ran all the way till shop closing today :cool:

not the best day for me, never really found a groove clockwise with my HFAY car. counterclockwise i just reverted back to my Kyosho Stock car and did much better. oddly enough, i tend to do better counterclockwise anyway. I managed to bump up again from E main up to C main counterclockwise.

some of the races were very close, like counterclockwise A main for Bill, Mike and Saint. counterclockwise D main for dwight and sejin finished on the same lap and exact same time down to the 3rd decimal place! can't say i've ever seen that happen before. kris and i had a close battle in clockwise C main in which i got right up there and tried to pass only to get rebuffed and need to play catch up. with about 50 seconds left, a slight mist step let me pass kris and managed to keep the lead till the end. my hands were still shaking with the adrenaline after the race ended, lots of pressure to catch up over and over then to hold the lead.

sorry i can't give away lap counts, you'll have to wait to see how we stacked up on HFAY results. :D

Kris will be ordering another batch of I-Lap transponders so please catch up with kris on the 22nd if you need to purchase any. we plan on moving over to I-Lap from this point forward at Hobby Works however we will keep our Giro-Z bridge on-site as well just in case.

don't forget to pick up parts as needed ;) there are plenty of tires, tire tape, etc. Jeremy said more sports series kits were reordered as well.

Hi Bill, not sure if I said congrats for your run in the CCW direction last night. Good run!
Yeah exciting day of racing and what a turnout!

TheRinger
2014.03.15, 06:27 PM
Thanks Mike. It was great racing for all. Hopefully we can duplicate another day like this. :D