PDA

View Full Version : August 9, 2014 - HFAY S18 Race 3-4

arch2b
2013.12.15, 10:26 AM
This will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

we will be running HFAY # .

https://www.howfastareyou.com/hfayprod/static/uploads/tracks.printablepicture.85c2d4cb7b728488.484641592 d747261636b2d365f7072696e74696e672e6a7067.jpg

arch2b
2014.07.24, 06:29 AM
as of today, i have a fishing trip planned for this date and will need a volunteer to manage the computer end of things and forward results to me.

arch2b
2014.08.04, 09:40 PM
just a reminder i wont at this one, kris will be running the show.

byebye
2014.08.05, 06:46 PM
just a reminder i wont at this one, kris will be running the show.

I shall do my best! :D

arch2b
2014.08.05, 07:23 PM
eh, piece of cake really. just remember the key to happyness with zround. uncheck detect first lap for qualifying and check the same box for mains. im sure someone else can provide the 'excitement' :) also remember to email me copy of the results.

TheRinger
2014.08.08, 02:41 PM
I should god willing be there tomorrow.

arch2b
2014.08.10, 12:07 PM
so how did things go yesterday? good turnout? anyone break 100? (don't give lap counts till HFAY results have been posted).

byebye
2014.08.10, 03:51 PM
so how did things go yesterday? good turnout? anyone break 100? (don't give lap counts till HFAY results have been posted).

Wow what a day:D

There was quite a few folks at the shop at 1030. We began the setup without issue. I pulled the track from online through my phone and we were off.

I fired up the computer and spent pretty much the next hour figuring out the setup. A few times I thought, "screw it! It's practice day!" but that of course never happened as I had ran several tests with the guys. Thankfully everyone was very patient.

Jon received a new name today - "Prime time". He bumped up from "C" Main to "A" Main in clockwise. I had some trouble with my motor mount but there were no scrubs today. Everyone was very fast.

Bill has been on a hiatus since May but that had zero effect on his skills. He brought it, finishing in the triple digits. His closest competitor was Sejin who was also running very fast.

We had Fisherman and David out from Remenant as well. David and Gary had a great showing considering their cars are tuned to the gray RCP at Remnant track.

As usual Dwight brings in the pressure to the field with his very fast 599. He's the gate keeper of A-main bump ups!

No longer a rookie, Joey D lit up the track with his Sauber LM in stock guise if I recall correctly. When all else fails I suppose:eek:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34327&stc=1&d=1407794802
During the second half of the race day we had a kid and his father there running a Sport Series purchased in June after seeing us run. He was able to get on the track in between our heats. We reminded him of the stock class in a couple weeks. We also had a gentleman come through named Eric. I gave him our info just as his wife pulled him away :p

The end of the day also saw Bill pull the trigger on my LM brushless car. Even though the car is not stock it was running the eco tune motor. Bill managed to pull a fast lap of 4.2sec only .1 from his fastest of the day. He seemed to like the acceleration. Given his tuning skills I can see him really turning some fast laps when he gets one in his stable.

Kris

arch2b
2014.08.11, 01:36 PM
well, i guess i ought to enjoy my efforts to close the gap with bill while they last... i'll be starting over when he gets brush-less setup like his stock car. :cool:

John has made some great progress in driving line and consistency, he already had a fast car. :eek: