PDA

View Full Version : Railyard Hobbies Coverage Schedule...

imxlr8ed
2014.01.23, 01:05 PM
Railyard Hobbies
100 Heritage Drive
Elverson, PA 19520
https://www.railyardhobbies.com/

I'm putting this thread up for our races and events for our small scale on-road program at Railyard. As of now we have approximately 500 square feet of RCP track stored there for use and that number is sure to grow. Looking to post up our results and any other possible events, series or maybe even some roadtrips as well!

We've confirmed the below schedule with Railyard through June. The dates below are when we will have the RCP track set up to race or test and tune and one of our club members will be on hand to help out with any issues.

The dates below are all Sundays, 11am to 5pm. We usually start our Heats around 1pm - 2pm and start our Mains around 3pm - 4pm.

I will update who plans to be there and who has attended as our schedule progresses. (asterisk designates dates past)

Schedule, January - June:

01/19: Ed, Larry, Al, Quinn, KWT, Austin *

02/09: Ed, Larry, Al, Gordon *

02/23: Al, Eric, Quinn, Branden, Mark, Dwight *

03/09: Ed, Al Quinn, Larry, Justin *

03/23: Ed, Al Quinn, Larry, Justin, Branden, Mark, Eddie *

04/06: Al, Larry, Justin, Quinn, Dustin, Bear, Mike *

04/19 (Saturday): Al, Larry, Justin, Quinn, Bear, Mike *

05/03: Al, Ed, Larry, Quinn, Dave, Bear, Jo, Mike, Chad *

05/18: Al, Larry, Justin, Mike, Bear, Jo *

06/01: Al, Ed, Quinn, Gordon *

06/22: Al, Ed, larry, Quinn, Gordon, Mike, Bear, Jo,

07/06:

Tech Regulations:

Racer Stock:

Kyosho chassis (MR01, MR015, MR02, MR03, MA010, MA015, MA020,)
Iwaver chassis (01, 02M, 04M)
Xmod chassis (Gen 1, Gen 2)
2WD or AWD
No lexan bodies
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
PN 70turn motors or box stock
Rubber tire only (no high content silicone)
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

F1 Stock:

Kyosho F1 chassis only (MF01, MF015)
Kyosho F1 bodies only
Aftermarket wings and front bumpers allowed
PN 70turn motors or box stock only
Rubber tire only (no high content silicone)
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Racer Mod:

Any chassis, carbon or otherwise
2WD or AWD
Body scale must fall in or near 1/28th
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any motor (brushless included)
Rubber tires only (no high content silicone)
Any battery

*No traction compounds allowed in any classes! You may use water, rubbing alcohol or WD40 to clean tires between races.*

Transponders and lap counter services are provided free of charge. Track fees are not set but we've been throwing $10 each to Paul everytime we've raced.

Any questions, either stop by and check us out or PM me here and I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

abasualdo
2014.01.23, 01:23 PM
Ed, is it ok if I also come up on the 26?

Want to get some track time with the new Atomic AMZ awd car.

arch2b
2014.01.23, 01:32 PM
the approach that i took and stuck with for hobby works was to set a consistent frequency and keep that constant throughout the year with shifts for holidays, etc. we've been racing the same schedule now for a couple years and everyone knows when it will be open and easier to plan around. hobby works likes this as they always know when we will be there unless we let them know in advance we need to cancel a date.
i also made i public google calendar for our events and posted a link. the nice thing about this is, as i make changes, it should update for everyone at the same time.
the calendar i have posted here on the forum is tedious and time consuming to setup with all the live threads for each date, etc. works nice in that i don't have to worry about forgetting to post a date but at the same time i have to edit the google calendar, forum schedule and post.

really hope it blossoms for you guys. :p

imxlr8ed
2014.01.23, 01:36 PM
Ed, is ok if I also come up on the 26?

Want to get some track time with the new Atomic AMZ awd car.

Still checking with Railyard... I will update as soon as I hear back.

imxlr8ed
2014.01.23, 01:38 PM
the approach that i took and stuck with for hobby works was to set a consistent frequency and keep that constant throughout the year with shifts for holidays, etc. we've been racing the same schedule now for a couple years and everyone knows when it will be open and easier to plan around. hobby works likes this as they always know when we will be there unless we let them know in advance we need to cancel a date.
i also made i public google calendar for our events and posted a link. the nice thing about this is, as i make changes, it should update for everyone at the same time.
the calendar i have posted here on the forum is tedious and time consuming to setup with all the live threads for each date, etc. works nice in that i don't have to worry about forgetting to post a date but at the same time i have to edit the google calendar, forum schedule and post.

really hope it blossoms for you guys. :p

Thamks Ray, this is exactly the approach I'm trying to take here. I'm just waiting on Railyard to see what they are willing to allow,

lfisminiz
2014.01.23, 06:56 PM
Im thinking for now you should do it every other weekend. Like you said, maybe when they get there own track, they can do what they want. Ray had a good point. Get a schedule up. Keep it at the shop for people/owner. One of the dates per month should be for all of us to try and make it like we do now. Every other week will be much less of a strain. Once owner has a track up....anybody can pop in when they want.

arch2b
2014.01.23, 07:49 PM
bi-weekly is tuff enough for us. i dont know how gary does it 3 days a week with remnant.
thankfully hobby works lets us leave our stuff. i don't think i could pull it off if i had to drag stuff back and forth.

lfisminiz
2014.01.23, 08:08 PM
bi-weekly is tuff enough for us. i dont know how gary does it 3 days a week with remnant.
thankfully hobbyh works lets us leave our stuff. i don't think i could pull it off if i had to drag stuff back and forth.

Agreed! ;)

imxlr8ed
2014.01.24, 05:48 AM
Well, keep it down to one tacklebox of stuff and it shouldn't be such a burden you two! :p

It wasn't so long ago that some of us were running the Zs two days a week and then dragging all of our 18th and 10th scale an hour away every Saturday on top of that. I'm not looking for that here at all, right now I'm just looking at possibilities.

Every other weekend is the goal, but some every other weekends will work out better for some other every other weekends. That makes sense... right? I want to accomodate parenting schedules for some but still have the option of giving you single guys an chance to go to the track and do what you gotta do. Once he gets the shop track down, this will all change.

arch2b
2014.01.24, 06:25 AM
Our deal with hobby works gives us 2 days a month to do what we want. The rest if the time, they are free to do what they want. The big difference for us being we own all the equipment whereas your shop is getting all their own gear which is great. Means they are making a serious commitment. Rather jealous of you guys ;)

Any pictures of the space? Do they have a website?

imxlr8ed
2014.01.24, 09:28 AM
Just updated the thread as per the response I have recieved from Railyard, I posted the possibles to be in line with what they are shooting for.

TheRinger
2014.01.26, 08:40 PM
I just heard about this at awesome rc yesterday that there is mini z racing going on at the rail yard, congrats.

imxlr8ed
2014.01.26, 09:21 PM
Thanks, it's a good deal he's giving us as far as letting us store our track there and such. The owner seems to understand the value in this right away, especially for the rental aspect. Since the offroad track picked up in business, the Z rentals will be an excellent alternative for kid's parties and such. Just gotta build his fleet right (anyone up for a 6 tooth near box stock class?). Besides, it's not like we were attracting new racers running in a subterrainian space. We're all pretty psyched to see some new racers out on the RCP!

miniznewb
2014.02.05, 04:43 PM
So is railyard selling the mini-z re adysets. I've noticed the online selection is pretty much slim to none unless you get a sport model. I've checked here, amainhobbies, reflex racing, even tried atomicmods and kenon hobbies and theres really nothing instock

racerquinn#1
2014.02.05, 08:53 PM
sorry ive been MIA, i just picked up my engine for my trans am and haven't been on here to set a date to see when i can help out. if anything i can help out this sunday...but we would have to see how the weather is sunday

imxlr8ed
2014.02.06, 03:18 AM
I know Railyard is trying to get stock of MiniZ stuff but this apparently is an arduous process... not sure why it's so tough, you'd think a company should jump at the chance to sell their product, and get new custmers, and make money, and grow their business, and make money... You know, the thing that companies are supposed to do!

I'll be there Sunday, pretty sure Al will be as well.

miniznewb
2014.02.06, 06:35 AM
Yea kyosho seems to be very difficult to deal with especially when it comes to mini-z. Our one hobby shop wont carry any kyosho and when I asked the other one about mini-z they said no even know they carry there 1/10th scale stuff. They said they have to go through a different supplier to get them compared to there bigger products

Mike Keely
2014.02.07, 09:07 AM
Atomic or PN can set them up with a account where they will still be able to have a mark-up. I know that PN has cars, radios, Kyosho parts as well as PN parts.

mleemor60
2014.02.07, 09:26 AM
All of the issues I have seen with getting Kyosho product came from shops trying to order through Horizon. Our shop orders directly from KoA and we get really good service. If the order is large enough shipping is free. The single drawback is that the etailers scoop up product which runs K out of inventory before the retail shops can get it. When we have to get items through the online outfits the mark up they place on product unfortunately has to be added to the retail price to maintain margin. That amount is small but still you have to keep the lights burning.

imxlr8ed
2014.02.07, 10:45 AM
Thanks guys, I'll get a chance to review with Railyard this weekend what their status is... kinda tough to get new racers when theres no cars on the shelves.

The weather this weekend is only calling for a slow 1"-3". I'm pretty sure the new Honda Accord coupes have that kind of ground clearance. ;)

Guess I better text Dave to pull him out of his online realm of racing.

arch2b
2014.02.07, 11:18 AM
All of the issues I have seen with getting Kyosho product came from shops trying to order through Horizon. Our shop orders directly from KoA and we get really good service. If the order is large enough shipping is free. The single drawback is that the etailers scoop up product which runs K out of inventory before the retail shops can get it. When we have to get items through the online outfits the mark up they place on product unfortunately has to be added to the retail price to maintain margin. That amount is small but still you have to keep the lights burning.

how does this process of going through another authorized retailer affect the warranty status, if at all? does warranty status transfer down the chain? given the price of a mini-z these days, it brings piece of mind knowing it's covered to some extent.

even the hobby works chain we work with, only carries mini-z at our track location, the others refuse.

abasualdo
2014.02.07, 01:05 PM
No excuses Larry! :)

lfisminiz
2014.02.07, 08:23 PM
Clearance yes. But some of us actually shovel/clear there driveway.:rolleyes: Time will tell. If weather dont cooperate, will try again next time.;)
In all seriousness...hope its a go.

mleemor60
2014.02.08, 06:06 AM
how does this process of going through another authorized retailer affect the warranty status, if at all? does warranty status transfer down the chain? given the price of a mini-z these days, it brings piece of mind knowing it's covered to some extent.

even the hobby works chain we work with, only carries mini-z at our track location, the others refuse.

Not sure that it does. I do remember though that when we first got access to the 03 line that some of the earlier(me first) purchasers that went overseas to get them and then burned boards by installing aftermarket motors with the larger eyelet connectors did in fact run into some issues with warranty because the product wasn't sourced from the assigned market.

As far as who carries what, I suppose it boils down to supply and demand. Our shop carries metal detectors and jigsaw puzzles but not electric trains or robotics and very few static models yet it provides 30% of it's floor space to a permanent RCP track and a pretty good inventory of Kyosho(read Mini-Z) products as well as a workable supply of aftermarket product from one of the left coast suppliers. It is kind of a "I will build it if you come" sort of concept.

If you have access to a shop that will go out on the ledge to support such a small niche market then you had better reward them for their efforts. I think Tim Johnson said it pretty well when he came up with his credo.

imxlr8ed
2014.02.09, 01:23 AM
See you all in the morning... forgot to text Dave! :mad:

Wonder if he'd mind one at 2:30am?

lfisminiz
2014.02.09, 08:14 AM
I'll be there...at least most of it anyway.

lfisminiz
2014.02.10, 07:53 AM
It was a good tune day. We had a couple people interested in trying the Zs out. I think 2 guys were very interested. Hopefully we can keep this deal going.
Any other interest after i left?

imxlr8ed
2014.02.10, 08:23 AM
Nope... you're the only thing that draws interest in our club. :p

A few peeps driving my loaners, slowed down when the snow came. Good tuning day like you said but I wish we could've gotten in at least one race. I am very happy that you guys took the time to talk to people, we're an excellent crew of ambassadors for the scale we love. Honestly, that's probably what we should stick with for a while but I am thinking to dedicate at least to hours of the day to strictly getting our runs in. I'll put up a little sign and a box of information flyers next time.

Also sorry to Gordon for leading him into a destructive off-track drag race... the shop is just so big that it had to be done! :D

racerquinn#1
2014.02.12, 05:28 PM
i will make it next time. hopefully putting my trans am back together....so maybe a little road trip with it!!

imxlr8ed
2014.02.17, 12:28 PM
So, who's covering this Sunday? :D

I'm going to try to get down Sunday for the morning at least to drop off my loaner cars and controllers. If someone really wants to count laps and they are willing to learn the counter and all of it's mysteries... please let me know ahead of time.

Post or text... should be a good tuning/meet and greet day!

abasualdo
2014.02.17, 02:59 PM
Ed, I will be there, should be able to keep the lap timing system going with a little help from you.

abasualdo
2014.02.17, 03:05 PM
Looking forward to round two of testing with the new Atomic AMZ awd car and setting up my newly upgraded ma010 to ma020 car (thanks for your help Larry)

imxlr8ed
2014.02.17, 03:10 PM
Ok, I'm going to add the names of those that are planning to be there and have responded back so far.

Gordon would make it but he has other plans... although maybe he may sneak down? ;)

racerquinn#1
2014.02.17, 03:58 PM
i should be able to make it to help out. and i can mess with my cars.

lfisminiz
2014.02.17, 06:56 PM
Doubt it for me (ribs). Im usually once a month anyway but was planning on it for my birthday weekend....but......:mad:

imxlr8ed
2014.02.17, 10:00 PM
Rule #1...

You do not talk about Fight Club!

Sorry about the ribs Larry. Tap out sooner next time!

lfisminiz
2014.02.17, 11:04 PM
Rule #1...

You do not talk about Fight Club!

Sorry about the ribs Larry. Tap out sooner next time!

Thanks but nothing to do with race day. Just careless at home on ice. :(

imxlr8ed
2014.02.18, 03:06 PM
Also got a thread started on RCTech for us... please post there so we can drum up interest!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/794176-railyard-hobbies-mini-z-race-schedule-jan-jun.html#post13020510

(RMZR members who don't will be punished!) :mad:

dwight
2014.02.18, 03:24 PM
So what days do you all race up there.

imxlr8ed
2014.02.18, 09:38 PM
The schedule at Railyard is pretty much it... every other Sunday, which is more than the previous once a month deal we had going.

arch2b
2014.02.19, 12:42 PM
when the weather settles this spring, i'll plan for a trip up :D

dwight
2014.02.19, 01:00 PM
Are yall racing this Sunday. If so what time and the address for the shop.

imxlr8ed
2014.02.19, 01:19 PM
Are yall racing this Sunday. If so what time and the address for the shop.

I have just updated the first post to include the address with our schedule.

Railyard Hobbies
100 Heritage Drive
Elverson, PA 19520
https://www.railyardhobbies.com/

Doors usually open up around 10:30am, we start pacing up anywhere from 5-6pm.

imxlr8ed
2014.03.03, 11:22 AM
Ok so we're pretty much in line at Railyard now but just a few things for this weekend...

1. We will have a Mod class this weekend, see first post for rules.

2. If we don't have enough for Heats, then we will do three Mains for each class and take the averages.

3. Working on the lap counter this week but I did just buy all new transponders and I'm thinking of re-assigning tags to my regulars... not sure yet.

4. Any extra track is welcomed! Anyone got some tiles they aren't using?... bring them with so our track can grow! Don't bring them if you're not leaving them!

Gracer105
2014.03.03, 12:20 PM
I would like to be there im still on mandatory six days for work hopefully be back soon I painted my 599 to a blue anyone know where I can get some cool decals thanks see you all soon :D

imxlr8ed
2014.03.03, 03:41 PM
Larry uses Pattos...

http://members.optusnet.com.au/pattosplace/home.html

lfisminiz
2014.03.03, 05:51 PM
Yes Pattos has a huge amount..pretty much anything.

Good to see more classes. Ill try my best to make it....depends on my pain in the ribs! :p

imxlr8ed
2014.03.03, 09:50 PM
Drug yourself up! Might be our only chance at winning if your reaction times are slowed.

Mod is as the rules state on first post... almost anything goes. I'm also curious how well those AMZs are gonna do.

Also, Larry and I are pretty lonely over there on our RCTech thread... Al?... Quinn?... anyone? More people look at that thread than here so if we want to get the word out, post away over there. RCTech has become the East Coast RC Racing online monster the past year or so, I never knew how many tracks have sprung up in such a short time!

lfisminiz
2014.03.03, 11:15 PM
Im liking my 020 AWD. Smooth and easy to drive. I want to throw a pan body on one of my brushless cars to.

lfisminiz
2014.03.08, 12:27 PM
See you guys tommorow. Ed, Al is bringing my xtra track today. have fun with it. ;)

GUYS...Dont forget, TURN YOUR CLOCK AHEAD TONIGHT!!! :p;):D

lfisminiz
2014.03.09, 09:37 PM
Good racing, practice, and hopefully more recruits. :)

imxlr8ed
2014.03.09, 11:58 PM
Thanks again guys for everything, we all do our parts and it just keeps me so motivated to keep pushing this club further. I feel so lucky that we got Railyard to let us do what we're doing there. His first batch of Zs arrives this week and I really think this should be a game changer for us now that a shop will actually be carrying the Zs, this should be a huge step in us growing members!

The track is going to be insane next time we race, we should have at least 5 Wide Ls down there by now! I'm pretty sure I still have a bit more in the shed yet as well. Today's layout was probably the most technical we've had since our regional years back and it really put the skills to the test. I'm sure there's gonna be more crazy layouts in our future! :D

Mike Keely
2014.03.10, 07:18 PM
Any pics???

Mike Keely
2014.03.10, 07:18 PM
Are you racing on Sat. or Sun?

lfisminiz
2014.03.10, 08:26 PM
Racing is every other Sunday. I know Quinn has pics up on F******k. I'll have to see if he can any on here.

imxlr8ed
2014.03.10, 09:13 PM
Al just posted some up on our RCTech/Railyard Mini-Z thread in the Racing Forum on there

Mike Keely
2014.03.10, 09:37 PM
I am not sure how big our turn out would be from the Remnant crowd if it was held on a Sunday. I think that a lot of them do church on Sunday's. I would think that we could get almost all of them on a Saturday race.

imxlr8ed
2014.03.10, 10:39 PM
Seems like employers around here just love making people work on Saturdays for some reason.

Anyways, if we were to schedule an event as such it would more than likely be on a Saturday. With race event travel, I know it sucks to have to get home on a Sunday night and try to wind down properly before the Monday morning commute.

miniznewb
2014.03.14, 08:45 AM
so has anyone been able to stop by and check what kind of mini-z gear the store recieved. do we know if he was planning on just kyosho stuff or trying to pull some aftermarket stuff like PNracing also?

lfisminiz
2014.03.14, 09:03 AM
I would like to know to. As far as i know, he was trying to get PN etc....

imxlr8ed
2014.03.14, 10:05 AM
Planning on stopping in tomorrow sometime, I will update then.

Who is planning on showing to race for the 23rd?

miniznewb
2014.03.14, 07:38 PM
not 100% yet but im gonna try to be there

Gracer105
2014.03.14, 10:30 PM
I have to work plus now im waiting for a servo motor from p1 hobbies then I can finish with the new chassis note to sell drag racing may be tempting and fun yet can be costly in the end keep car on track ooooooonnnnnnllllllllyyyyyy
lol see you guys soon hopefully the mandatory o.t. will be done soon so I can spend more time at the track

The rookie all ways learns from his mistakes that's how he becomes a pro

imxlr8ed
2014.03.14, 10:43 PM
Don't worry, the drags won't start until summertime. And yes... I am seriously thinking about this! (they have way too much room at Railyard!)

I'm pretty sure Paul is setting up his rental track this week, should be interesting!

Much to do in our new home, once again... Thanks for all the help guys! Al has the right idea with setting up the track Saturday nights so if anyone wants to pitch in and get some practice laps, feel free to help.

miniznewb
2014.03.17, 11:04 AM
i will be there on the 23rd this month. Now with railyard having inventory are we planning on doing any kind of box stock or just sticking with a motor limit, ie 80t or 70t. also are you planning on doing hfay events like we used to. just wondering as to what ill be doing with my cars so i know what i can do to them

imxlr8ed
2014.03.17, 04:04 PM
i will be there on the 23rd this month. Now with railyard having inventory are we planning on doing any kind of box stock or just sticking with a motor limit, ie 80t or 70t. also are you planning on doing hfay events like we used to. just wondering as to what ill be doing with my cars so i know what i can do to them

Same plan as before... classes are on the first post.

70turn Racer, 70turn F1, Open Mod.

A "near box stock" class will more than likely be in our schedule this year but I'm not looking to fire it up just yet. Until I get 3 or 4 newbs showing up regularly, I can't see the point in it.

arch2b
2014.03.17, 05:07 PM
if you build it, they will com :cool: cliche i know but its been a long struggle on our part locally to champion a stock class and only now self sustaining.

miniznewb
2014.03.17, 05:26 PM
I have another chassis coming which I will most likely keep stock for a bit. I would love for the mini-z to get some interest here. I kinda faded over to 10th scale which is also a blast a lot of which is just the turn out. When you have a local indoor clay track that has anywhere from 70-130 entries a week it makes it fun just hanging out with everyone. Deffinitly have a good core group here with Al, Larry, Quinn, and Ed just need to add to that some.

I guess I would be out of any hay event as the rules state kyosho esc only and I ten only pn boards now as I like my spektrum radio

imxlr8ed
2014.03.18, 12:12 AM
I'm sure HFAY will update their rules eventually, inclusiveness has always been the key for that series. That's why I keep our rules mainly centered around the 70turn amature for our Racer and F1 classes, much of the rest doesn't matter to me. As far as mod goes, make it as fast as you want!... but if you can't drive it well... what's the point? :D

I rebuilt my pan car for mod play and I just kept it real simple. Kingpin front end, mild motor, normal gearing. Just looking for a bit more down the straights and that's about it.

imxlr8ed
2014.04.02, 03:22 PM
Ok, who's coming Sunday?

I'm fairly certain about L & A, how about Q and J?

I may not make it for the full day but as you guys know, I always try to "sneak" down for a bit.

And as always... POST ON THE RCTECH THREAD!

lfisminiz
2014.04.02, 06:34 PM
You know ill be there...Al, and Justin are to so far.

miniznewb
2014.04.03, 10:14 AM
yes i will be there this sunday.

briankstan
2014.04.03, 10:31 AM
I guess I would be out of any hay event as the rules state kyosho esc only and I ten only pn boards now as I like my spektrum radio

You can run the PN board in HFAY, at the start of the season the PN board was available. It will be added to the rules as legal.

Feel free to use it with you Spektrum Radio. :D

racerquinn#1
2014.04.03, 04:33 PM
ill be there!! im bringing my friend too.

imxlr8ed
2014.04.04, 03:23 PM
If anyone wants to help out setting up Saturday evening, please let me know via text and I will have a better idea of when me and Al are planning to get there tomorrow. Thinking somewhere in between 3pmish to 6pmish?

lfisminiz
2014.04.06, 08:37 PM
Good Day at the Railyard. Al is doing a good job getting the giroz lap counter going. Really nice having a super small transponder for car. Got some good races in. Had good traffic in interested people checking things out and running the cars. Couple guys already ran there cars.
Told Al to talk to Arch and the Z guy on tips for the giroz system.

imxlr8ed
2014.04.06, 10:10 PM
Great to hear! Al is really steppin up to his new club leader role!

Just kidding Al! I think we are more of an anarchosyndicalistcommune...

http://youtu.be/fxGqcCeV3qk

Sorry, probably my favorite Monty Python skit! Got some good feedback about you guys and I wouldn't have expected anything less! I'm feeling really good about how this is going for us and I hope it keeps going this way. The racing is only going to get better with more attending. Almost makes me wish I was just getting into it myself!

Larry, since you missed some races last month, think you can make back down to Railyard in two weeks?

miniznewb
2014.04.07, 07:17 AM
Were gonna have to see about next time as it is 4/20 which is double holiday including easter

imxlr8ed
2014.04.07, 11:13 AM
Wow... missed that one.

Ok, so how do we resolve the Easter issue then? Saturday race? Race next Sunday (the 13th)? Race the following Sunday (the 27th)?

Need ideas fast... post up soon! I'll have to run whatever we pick by Paul first! I'm leaning towards Saturday the 19th myself.

Two holidays on the same day this year? ;)

lfisminiz
2014.04.07, 11:57 AM
Since I just ran, with my vacation and then the holidays. ...Might as well wait till the endurance race. That's kind of 2 days anyway.

miniznewb
2014.04.07, 05:44 PM
Im pretty open I could do the 19th only day I can't do is Easter and 4/26

imxlr8ed
2014.04.08, 06:50 AM
Al says he's cool with that Saturday too, still haven't heard from Quinn. I'm going to update Railyard today.

imxlr8ed
2014.04.08, 03:53 PM
Saturday the 19th is good to go at Railyard... I am adjusting post 1 now.

racerquinn#1
2014.04.09, 04:13 PM
im good for the 19th!!

miniznewb
2014.04.19, 09:15 AM
Hey sorry wont be able to make it today. Been doing yard work the last 2 days and I am covered head to toe i poison ivy

lfisminiz
2014.04.19, 09:37 AM
Ouch. Get better for endurance race. I'm ready to take off from Phoenix.

imxlr8ed
2014.04.20, 09:01 PM
Hey Justin... Dwight is looking for teammates for the endurance. Are you still coming to the endurance?

miniznewb
2014.04.20, 10:16 PM
I cannot make the endurance never planned on that race. Saturdays are rarely good fir especially during grass sesson

imxlr8ed
2014.04.21, 12:18 AM
Darn grass.

But hey, if it's puttin the bucks in the account, why not? We'll be there Friday too if you wanna come down to bash a bit. Wish you could make it dude, hope you got some good hydrocortisone going on for that ivy, that's the only thing that ever worked for me when it comes to that evil plant.

lfisminiz
2014.04.21, 01:00 AM
Chad might be comming.

imxlr8ed
2014.05.05, 09:58 AM
We will return you to your regularly scheduled program... :D

Sunday, May 18th is our next raceday. Thanks for everyone's help with the event this last Friday and Saturday!

$10 dollars from each driver for a day of racing. No cash, no transponder, no racing. It's not asking much at all really. Inquire with Al for price of transponders.

Also...
We understand that it is a pain in the butt to set up and tear down the track, but unless you are physically infirmed, you need to help out! This is a team effort... try to keep that in mind!

lfisminiz
2014.05.07, 08:33 PM
Looks like ill be comming the 18th. June 1st wont work for me.
Who is all comming the 18th.....

abasualdo
2014.05.08, 09:15 AM
You know I will be there!!

imxlr8ed
2014.05.08, 11:29 AM
Just sent out my text to everyone, friendly reminder as usual. I may not be there that Sunday to race but if I get some time I may stop down to offer my mechanical skills.

lfisminiz
2014.05.08, 11:58 AM
What kind of skills? :eek:;):D

arch2b
2014.05.08, 06:19 PM
im convinced ed could fix anything with a glue gun

lfisminiz
2014.05.08, 09:00 PM
im convinced ed could fix anything with a glue gun

Very true. Ed is the MAN!!!! :)

imxlr8ed
2014.05.09, 10:08 AM
My new gluestick chassis' should be released on my Shapeways site soon... :rolleyes:

I just thought it was funny when I saw the very same stuff showing up on new AutoScales a while back. The stuff works. Actually, Dave showed up at the event and he had an old school, can't find anymore, ultra-gummy, whitish/yellowish stick of the stuff I gave him years ago. And I'm fairly certain that that was one of the leftover sticks I had back from my alley racing days from around 25 years ago!

If I ever see those old school sticks for sale anywhere, I will buy all that the guy has... it's just that good!

Anyways...

Quinn and Gordon out for Sunday, haven't heard back from others yet.

lfisminiz
2014.05.09, 11:55 AM
Justin said he is coming.

imxlr8ed
2014.05.09, 03:19 PM
Already had him on the list...

*see post #1*

lfisminiz
2014.05.14, 06:10 PM
Dont forget...this Sunday (18th), next race day. :)
We are going to try to have practice 11-1ish. Racing around 1:00 with practice breaks inbetween racing.

Gracer105
2014.05.14, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone sorry I haven't been around im still on mandatory sundays it should end soon so ill be back racing soon I would like to apologize for my attitude the last time I was there I was doing so well with lap times and a breakdown just frustrated me a little this hobby is a passion of mine and I don't plan on giving it up soon Ed sorry for not calling you this week ill get a hold of you soon. Hope to be back soon take care peoples

one who gives up never wins those who never give up will eventually become a winner

imxlr8ed
2014.05.15, 01:08 AM
We've all been there... we know how it goes. Car runs great then bam!... new thing to fix.

Like I said to you earlier in the week, a spare car works wonders. I'm fond of the 03s for their design right up to the point where there is no bottom level to the servo area, hence why I believe the 02s are just tougher cars.

Oh and in case you guys didn't see his post, Dave (gasman1) has his cars listed on here in the marketplace. His 03 Vette and his F1 are both fully hooked up cars.

lfisminiz
2014.05.17, 09:18 PM
See you guys tomorrow!

imxlr8ed
2014.05.17, 10:01 PM
Not sure if I will be able to make it down tomorrow, have some things to deal with that may just take up most of the day now. Sorry guys but I'll be there for the next one for sure!

lfisminiz
2014.05.18, 08:10 PM
Good day of tune/racing. again, anybody want to see pics, go on F******k, ask to join Reading miniz racers. :)

lfisminiz
2014.05.30, 09:08 PM
Dont forget guys...this Sunday is race day. I wont make it but sounds lika a good turnout.

imxlr8ed
2014.06.10, 04:27 PM
No racing this Sunday the 15th, instead we all decided to make it the 22nd for this month of June.

So, hopefully most of you can make it! First page of this thread has been updated to include July the 6th so if you can't attend that weekend, let us know now!

lfisminiz
2014.06.11, 06:31 PM
Lets get a big turnout for this date! :)

imxlr8ed
2014.06.12, 09:40 AM
Lets get a big turnout for this date! :)

Well... how do you do that? I really am at a loss for what more we could possibly do. I've emailed local RCers, posted all over online, etc...

Any ideas will be listened to... how about, "Bring a noob, race for free"?

lfisminiz
2014.06.12, 12:02 PM
At least most of our gang.:rolleyes:

imxlr8ed
2014.06.16, 10:54 PM
Just want to let everyone know that we are really thinking of getting back into HFAY starting this weekend. Since there's hardly anyone racing we'll just have to race the world once again.

Check the website for the rules as always and conform as required!

I'm just really hoping to get some usage out of my F1s once again!

lfisminiz
2014.06.17, 04:56 AM
Sounds good! :)

lfisminiz
2014.06.17, 06:38 PM
Dont forget, if we run HFAY big track event.....
70T stock
70t F-1
Mod

lfisminiz
2014.06.21, 09:32 PM
See you guys tomorrow. Opens around 11:00......see you there! :)

lfisminiz
2014.06.22, 08:38 PM
Small turnout of 4 but crazy close racing. Most races were decided by a half lap down to 2 sec. finishes!

imxlr8ed
2014.06.25, 05:05 PM
So... when is our next Raceday?
I'm outta here from the July 11th to the 20th so it's really up to you guys.

Current status of the future scheme at Railyard is:

Paul is planning to build pits against the window aside the rental track.

We will be using the rental track and we can build onto it.

Until pits are built, we will still be using our current table/chair scenario.

$10 fee for raceday (as it has been).

Planning to set up the Core counter as a permanent track timer for the rentals.

We will be using our new counter and Xponders for racedays.

Practice on the permanent layout is available anytime (fees not yet determined).

All in all, pretty excellent deal! Anyone can go practice, anytime they want to. We still get our racedays. Hoping this will bring more racers to us to join in on the racedays. I am planning to make a few tune trips here and there myself after work sometimes.

I say we start running on the permanent track ASAP to get a better idea of how things are gonna flow. Should be a great change of pace and we can also avoid dragging the track out (well, Al can) and packing it all back up after our racing.

So, I'm fine with the 6th of July but let me know where you guys want to be date-wise.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.01, 02:08 PM
No response? Larry?.. Al?... anyone?

Who is planning to race this Sunday?

abasualdo
2014.07.01, 02:10 PM
Both Larry and I plan on racing, thought you already knew. :D

abasualdo
2014.07.01, 02:12 PM
Both Larry and I plan on having our LM cars running, that new Toyota LM is too cool to leave on the shelf.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.01, 02:20 PM
LM... ok, what motors?

LM tires only?

102 wheelbase only?

I'm game for the 70turn, 102mm, LM body only as rules, not so much the LM tire thing. I would be if we all had the right LM tires though.

abasualdo
2014.07.01, 02:58 PM
LM Class

- LM bodies only, no pan car bodies!
- 70t motor
- open wheels and tires
- should be 98-102mm wheelbase, we don't want to exclude anyone.
(I plan on running 102mm, and would prefer if we all ran 102mm in the spirit of the class)

What do you guys think?

imxlr8ed
2014.07.01, 03:35 PM
(I plan on running 102mm, and would prefer if we all ran 102mm in the spirit of the class)

Agreed, time to pull out my LM bodies!

lfisminiz
2014.07.01, 06:48 PM
Ed, your brain working? We talked about racing this Sunday. :p LM will be cool. Looking forward to it.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.01, 11:42 PM
Brain optional, delegated to redundant tasks lately.

I wasn't sure if you guys were serious but I guess since you're both dying to ruin those beautiful Toyotas... Ok!

Just got mine together, had one un-cracked Porsche left downstairs. Glued the snot out of the front end right off the bat. Hope it holds up for one or two races. :o

I'll be bringing other LM bodies for anyone else who may show.

hilldebrandt
2014.07.02, 04:38 AM
I don't race and even I knew that you guys were racing....thanks to f******k...lol
I may make an appearance come fall since Sundays are my dirt oval race days for the Summer.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.02, 10:57 AM
I don't race and even I knew that you guys were racing....thanks to f******k...lol
I may make an appearance come fall since Sundays are my dirt oval race days for the Summer.

Holy crap.... he's alive!!! :D

I hope it rains every Sunday from here on out dude! ;)

lfisminiz
2014.07.04, 10:34 PM
Chads comming to race......looks like a good turnout.:)

imxlr8ed
2014.07.05, 01:18 PM
Got two LM cars together for this one, hopefully one of them works out well. Interesting side note, the LM porsche front clip seems to work just fine with the mazda LM.

hilldebrandt
2014.07.05, 02:08 PM
Holy crap.... he's alive!!! :D

I hope it rains every Sunday from here on out dude! ;)

No rain in the forecast for tomorrow...lmao
Have fun with the lm cars....

lfisminiz
2014.07.05, 08:52 PM
See you guys tomorrow...bring those LMs.... ;)

lfisminiz
2014.07.06, 08:41 PM
Good day of LM racing. We all got so involved in running LM, we didnt get to anything else. Love the new Toyota.... ;):) As always, if you want to see pics, go on F******k under Reading Mini-z Racers.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.07, 02:02 AM
I still say to de-tune the motors, 80turn would do the trick but... then we are just finding out who has the best cells. I have other thoughts on this I'll share the next time we meet up.

Other than that, it's been a long time coming for this class and I think it's here to stay. 102mm and 70turn motors are about all the rules we need for now.

Larry, if you hear strange noises in your house late one night, don't worry... it'll probably just be me stealing your LM car. :D

lfisminiz
2014.07.07, 04:58 AM
I still say to de-tune the motors, 80turn would do the trick but... then we are just finding out who has the best cells. I have other thoughts on this I'll share the next time we meet up.

Other than that, it's been a long time coming for this class and I think it's here to stay. 102mm and 70turn motors are about all the rules we need for now.

Larry, if you hear strange noises in your house late one night, don't worry... it'll probably just be me stealing your LM car. :D

Time to hide it! ;)

abasualdo
2014.07.08, 07:55 AM
Great day of racing, LM class was alot of fun, can see us running those cars alot more.

With the new LM cars, larger permanent track at Railyard and great bunch of guys in our club, couldn't be any happier.

Al

lfisminiz
2014.07.16, 06:40 PM
Dont forget guys, racing this Sunday (20th). Al will be running things. Opens at 11:00.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.16, 11:26 PM
Gonna try to stop by but odds are I won't have time. Also... I posted up a new thread on RCTech for our Railyard activities. I will more than likely duplicate
it on here sometime next week.

Check it out, post on it and lets keep getting the word out!

lfisminiz
2014.07.17, 05:01 AM
Gonna try to stop by but odds are I won't have time. Also... I posted up a new thread on RCTech for our Railyard activities. I will more than likely duplicate
it on here sometime next week.

Check it out, post on it and lets keep getting the word out!

Already done.;)

lfisminiz
2014.07.19, 01:43 PM
Race day tomorrow for who ever is coming. :)

hilldebrandt
2014.07.20, 08:09 PM
It was good to stop by and shoot the chit with old friends today.
See you guys in the fall....

imxlr8ed
2014.07.20, 09:02 PM
Al almost didn't recognize you with the haircut. :D Hoping to have you baxk in the fall for some good racing again!

I didn't get there until later but we got some good racing in. Al was testing a few creations against me and Quinn, at the end he stomped out the fast lap of the day. Mid to high sevens is where it's at. I was struggling but then I discovered what you guys have been up to with the PN 5 degree tires! Huge difference right away on my Lexus... Can't wait til they break in a bit more.

The 3rd is shaping up to be a good one.

lfisminiz
2014.07.20, 09:46 PM
Sounds good guys. Can not wait till the next one.

lfisminiz
2014.07.30, 08:29 PM
Dont forget guys...racing this Sunday. Looks like a good turnout so far. :)

lfisminiz
2014.08.03, 08:03 AM
See everyone today. Door's open at 11.

lfisminiz
2014.08.03, 09:00 PM
WOW! it was almost like a full house. Many thanks to all the racers that came out....new and old. It was a busy/hectic day. Got some tune time and races in. Hopefully helped the guys get there cars up to speed. Ill try to get some pics up in a day or 2. :)

Gracer105
2014.08.03, 09:34 PM
This was a great race day for me just have to get a good set up going and then learn how to drive better with that set up all in all it was a great race day
the 7 tooth pion race was some great racing to id be up for doing that again see you guys next race

imxlr8ed
2014.08.04, 02:58 PM
So... what'd we all think about 6-7 tooth?

Personally... I liked it. Even if it was just for the fact that I wasn't 10 laps down from the leader, or that accidents were not followed by a shower of Autoscale schrapnel, or that I got to play with my driving lines a bit more than usual, or the fact that it only took around 10 minutes tops to convert my cars over... etc...

All wheelbases, all style bodies... as inclusive as possible. Very simple classes.

I just got done ranting somewhere else about having rules like this:

Racer (closed ratio):

6 or 7 tooth Pinion gear and Stock Differential only!
2WD or AWD
Any mass produced, injection molded body for 1/28th scale racing.
No lexan bodies
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any electronics
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Racer (open ratio):

Any gearing
2WD or AWD
Any mass produced, injection molded body for 1/28th scale racing.
No lexan bodies
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any electronics
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Mod:

Any chassis, carbon or otherwise
2WD or AWD
Body scale must fall in or near 1/28th
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any motor (brushless included)
Rubber tires only (no high content silicone)
Any battery

Need votes of confidence here, complaints work just as well!

lfisminiz
2014.08.04, 08:43 PM
Some pictures as requested of our new place! :)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/DSCN0843.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/user/lfisminiz/media/DSCN0843.jpg.html)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/DSCN0842.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/user/lfisminiz/media/DSCN0842.jpg.html)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/DSCN0842.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/user/lfisminiz/media/DSCN0842.jpg.html)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/DSCN0838.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/user/lfisminiz/media/DSCN0838.jpg.html)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/DSCN0837.jpg (http://s998.photobucket.com/user/lfisminiz/media/DSCN0837.jpg.html)

mleemor60
2014.08.05, 06:18 AM
Thanks Larry. Pretty sweet deal. Lap times in upper 7's? Probably in late October.

lfisminiz
2014.08.05, 12:01 PM
No problem, Mike. If I remember. ..I think i hit 7.2ish. Al was right there at 7.3ish. Mostly middle to upper 7s.;)

abasualdo
2014.08.05, 12:13 PM
lets shoot for 6.9 next time!

KWT
2014.08.05, 09:03 PM
The new track looks very nice.