PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 FHS Sports Reccomendations

NSCcreators
2014.02.11, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,
I just recently picked up an MR-03 Sports MM/LM Lamborghini and I have a couple of questions. I have had mini-z's before but only AWD's so i am new to the whole racer side. I have a lot of bodies that are 92/94mm so I need to use the RM setup on the car. However I am not really sure exactly what I need to do so. If you could suggest parts that I need that would be great. Also I was wondering if you could recommend some upgrades that I should get, it would be appreciated. I currently have an Atomic narrow offset ball differential, atomic high grade bearings, aluminum lock nuts, aluminum battery clips/holders, reflex racing low profile front knuckles, some 10 degree rear tires, and 20 degree front tires (I know its not the best tire setup but it works for now). Im looking to get new suspension but other then that i am up for suggestions.

-Nick

babstar
2014.02.11, 08:07 PM
92mm bodies? You can stay with the MM setup in 94 mm, most manufacturers have a good motor mount for this.

Bearings, DPS, T-bars and good batteries are the most essential after your tires if you are going racing in stock class. Also reversing your king pins is a good option.

After this you might want to be able to adjust springs, toe, camber and caster settings to suite different tracks and conditions so this would be the next step with parts.

Most of all, enjoy! :)

babstar
2014.02.11, 08:12 PM
You might also want to get rid of the flat resistor on you stock motor.

NSCcreators
2014.02.11, 08:27 PM
I meant 90mm sorry haha, but thanks for youre reponse, ill take off that resistor tommorow.

EMU
2014.02.11, 08:56 PM
You could get a 90mm MM motormount. This would make the car much more competitive at 90mm than with the RM mount. It is also usable at 94mm, but would be less competitive than a 94mm MM mount due to a higher center of gravity.

Despite this downside, if you plan to use your 90mm bodies, this would be the best setup for it. Both Atomic and PN make a 90mm MM mount. They are both good quality mounts. Both have their own pros and cons, but I prefer the Atomic overall due to clearance issues with the PN unit's disc damper which rises over the rear of the motormount compared to the Atomic which is over the front of the motormount. Both have the damper located above the chassis when installed.

Neither will be compatible with the Kyosho stock motor, but are compatible with motors that have two screw holes for gear mesh adjustment.

What surface are you going to be racing on? The tires you have are Atomic, which are a silicone based tire, they wont work well on RCP, but will work great on carpet. RCP you want a rubber based tire, like Kyosho or PN tires. If you are not restricted on tires, you may want to check out X-Power foam tires. They will be the most consistent, and grip on either surface.

NSCcreators
2014.02.11, 09:18 PM
Thanks thats the exact response i was hoping for! I will be racing on carpet however for practice i will be using an rcp track, so ill pick up some X-Power foams in the near future.

NSCcreators
2014.02.11, 09:44 PM
I actually have another quick question, I have an asf super stock motor that i bought. However im a bit nervous that it will fry my board considering its for stock asf boards and I have an FHS board. Maybe im just paranoid but i dont feel like replacing fets or the whole board because of a careless mistake.

briankstan
2014.02.12, 08:20 AM
I actually have another quick question, I have an asf super stock motor that i bought. However im a bit nervous that it will fry my board considering its for stock asf boards and I have an FHS board. Maybe im just paranoid but i dont feel like replacing fets or the whole board because of a careless mistake.

you shouldn't have any issue running the ASF motor on the FHS board.

Mike Keely
2014.02.12, 07:23 PM
Welcome NSCcreators! I have really fallen in love with the PN double A arm front end. It is not cheap but so quickly adaptable to track conditions. As EMU stated, I like the Atomic 90 mm mid motor mount also. They have a version 2 that is a bit narrower then the version 1. It allows you to use wide rims on the rear for some of the very narrow bodies. Other wise you have to run front rims and tires in the rear of the car and most of the time that is not as easy to drive as wide rims and tires. Graphite T bars are a favorite of mine over the fiberglass ones. I run the #3, #4, and #5 PN T bars depending on the car and set-up. Hope this helps.

NSCcreators
2014.02.12, 10:17 PM
Thanks for your input, I really just like getting a feel for what people think works the best so I appreciate your response!

NSCcreators
2014.02.12, 10:29 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the pn multi length graphite disk damper, or the pn lcg v3 motor mount for 94-98 mm cars. Im thinking about pairing these two so I can run my 94mm bodies. Im not too worried about using the 90mm bodies because I only have two and they arent ideal for a racing setup.