PDA

View Full Version : If you could only choose front or rear suspension upgrade...

plinth
2014.02.13, 06:10 PM
...which would you choose for an MR-03? If you had the option of fitting either something like the PN Racing double arm/Atomic IAS to the front, or a damper on the rear, which would you go for?

mleemor60
2014.02.13, 06:22 PM
Hands down. LeVitZer front end.

Mike Keely
2014.02.13, 08:15 PM
If you have no type of dampening system at all in the rear. I would have to say some sort of puck type dampening system.

EMU
2014.02.13, 09:41 PM
Why would I only have one to choose?

First I feel that the rear would need something, then the front. I have always setup my cars from the rear forward... A good corner entrance means nothing if the car is hopping and skipping mid corner to exit.

A disc damper is very inexpensive, and effective. If strapped for cash, you can make one out of inexpensive parts... Front end suspension/dampening is typically more complex, and expensive... but good old grease on kingpins can go a long way!

While I have never installed a set of the Levitzer suspension on one of my cars, I have tried a friends car with it installed and it feels quite good. Possibly the best investment on an MR03 at the moment. I am saving up for it ;)

plinth
2014.02.14, 05:52 AM
Why would I only have one to choose?

I was just interested to see what you guys would prioritise, if you only had one choice :) It's also helpful to see which kind of front/rear sus people use, and in turn helps me decide as I'm currently running everything stock (apart from tires, bearings & diff).

Thanks for the post, I'll probably look at a rear damper in the near future. Just need to find some fellow racers now!

NoBrainer
2014.02.14, 07:44 AM
First ball bearings. (prox $10)
Then I would upgrade with a DPS (prox $24) and t-plate (prox $6) first.
Then springs for the front. (prox $7)

Then it would be all about the tires until I got so good that I needed something better.

Then balldiff
Then a motormount and a new motor.
Then LeViteZer or Double A-Arm front.
Then a new transmitter (something like EX-10 Eurus)

This is my list

Mike Keely
2014.02.14, 10:00 AM
First ball bearings. (prox $10)
Then I would upgrade with a DPS (prox $24) and t-plate (prox $6) first.
Then springs for the front. (prox $7)

Then it would be all about the tires until I got so good that I needed something better.

Then balldiff
Then a motormount and a new motor.
Then LeViteZer or Double A-Arm front.
Then a new transmitter (something like EX-10 Eurus)

This is my list

+1

Never ran the LeViteZer front end