PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho KT-19 FAQ

arch2b
2014.02.20, 05:55 PM
reposting some valuable information sourced form members here

To reset the center position of the wheels
(1) Turn on the chassis (leave the transmitter turned off).
(2) Make sure that the steering trim is at the center.
(3) Move the front tires to the center position with your fingers.
(4) Push and hold the pairing button on the chassis until the LED flashes fast two times and goes off.
(5) Turn on the transmitter. The neutral position should be corrected. If it is still not at the center position, repeat above steps.

To reset the transmitter:
(1) Turn off the transmitter if it is on.
(2) Make sure that the steering trim knob is at the center position
(3) Turn the G.SPD L knob fully to the counterclockwise direction.
(4) Position of G.SPD H knob does not matter.
(5) Turn the steering wheel to the fully right position and push the throttle away to the full-brake position and hold them.
(6) Turn on the transmitter. The LED should flash rapidly; this means you are now in the factory mode.
(7) Release the steering wheel and throttle lever.
(8) Turn the steering wheel fully to the left, right, left and right, and then release it.
(9) Pull/push the throttle lever to full-throttle, full-brake, full-throttle, and full-brake, and then release it.
(10) Turn the G.SPD L knob to the right most position. The LED should become solid.
(11) Turn off the transmitter and on it again. You are done.

Mike Keely
2014.12.05, 06:29 PM
You put your right foot in you put your right foot out.......

herman
2014.12.05, 07:12 PM
You do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about... :D

imxlr8ed
2014.12.05, 09:56 PM
You take your KT19 and you throw it into a wall...

That's what its all about!

Sorry, I'm definitely not a fan of that radio.

Mike Keely
2014.12.06, 10:17 PM
So I found out today that this radio is a direct replacement for the KT-19. It will work fine for the new sport PC boards. It also has 15 car memory. Comes with a Li-Poly transmitter battery that you charge through a supplied USB cord.

Made by FlySky model FS-GT3C. Amazon has them in stock and it is only $65 shipped to your house with prime.

herman
2014.12.07, 06:59 AM
Isn't the flysky proprietary? Or maybe kyosho jumped on their bandwagon due to cheaper licensing vs ko? Sorry to be off topic...

Mike Keely
2014.12.07, 07:34 AM
I am not sure about that but I do know that it works on the sport model. My guess is that Kyosho can make the price lower and still have a good profit.

martin_nyblom
2015.01.04, 12:40 PM
This link helped me today! Thank you

Mike Keely
2015.01.11, 07:03 PM
Did you get the aftermarket radio? If so, how do you like it?

mleemor60
2015.01.18, 12:19 PM
Yesterday we ran across a new issue with the KT-19. The contacts on the battery holder will loosen causing an intermittent connection between the holder and the radio which shuts the radio down. The resulting fumbling that occurs will change the radio settings. Once this happens its time to do the hokey-pokey to get back to square one. It would be wise to check all the KT-1 battery holders for this condition and to instruct users(especially new ones) not to arbitrarily be stabbing and steering the transmitter whether the car is on or not.

Jshwaa
2015.02.15, 07:13 PM
Anybody got an ol' KT-19 they don't want/need? I will pick it up from you. Name your price. Thanks.

Nevermind, picked one up new on the bay for $15.

gctkaz
2015.12.04, 12:20 AM
Is the KT-19 included in the Sports series readysets exactly the same as the KT-19 included with the Moto Racer readyset?

I do not own a KT-19, but I have a MA-010 converted with a Sports series board, and I successfully bound it to a FS-TM002 module on an EX-1UR.

Thinking that the KT-19 radios are all the same, I purchased a MC-01 chassis set (without transmitter), and I'm unable to pair my module with the bike. Is the bike not actually running on FlySky?

edit: nevermind, it works!

MattBingham
2016.01.04, 07:06 AM
Hi Guys,
I got an MR-03s ready set last year and it came with a KT-19 transmitter. I have also bought an MA-020 chassis set and GT-R autoscale so I can use my new AWD chasis.
I have tried and tried to bind the MA-020 to the KT-19 transmitter but it won't work.
Kyosho's main website said it should work but the manual that came with the AWD said I need the KT-18.....

Any ideas!? Thanks.

arch2b
2016.01.04, 12:59 PM
look closely... Kyosho's webpage (https://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=109843) for the MA-020 describes it as (ASF) system and shows you the two recommended transmitters at the bottom vs. a webpage for the awd sports series (FHS)webpage (https://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=110831) which shows the KT-19 only.

2.4GHz ASF System (Auto Selected Frequency) (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117)

2.4GHz FHS System (Frequency Hopping System) (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=220)

2.4GHz MHS System (Mini-Z Hybrid Spread Spectrum System) (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232)

ASF=ASF only equipment
FHS=FHS only equipment
MHS=ASF and MHS equipment. MHS features only accessible to MHS car and HMS radio. by default will run in ASF mode.

Sponge
2017.01.11, 10:16 AM
Not sure if it's a known thing, but today I was wondering what the usb port was for.. and since it has the text "CHG" next to it I thought it might be for charging it or maybe something else, so out of curiosity I put my iPhone charge cable in it and connected my phone.. and it started charging my phone :) So I guess that's one way of using it :)

briankstan
2017.01.11, 11:11 AM
Not sure if it's a known thing, but today I was wondering what the usb port was for.. and since it has the text "CHG" next to it I thought it might be for charging it or maybe something else, so out of curiosity I put my iPhone charge cable in it and connected my phone.. and it started charging my phone :) So I guess that's one way of using it :)

it's the same radio used for the Mini-z Moto Racer (the motorcycle), it's so you can charge the batteries from the TX.

arch2b
2017.10.15, 01:52 PM
can't tell you how many times we have had to use the transmitter reset sequence:rolleyes: it seems to solve many issues but disappointing that one would need to use this as often as we do.

reposting some valuable information sourced form members here

To reset the center position of the wheels
(1) Turn on the chassis (leave the transmitter turned off).
(2) Make sure that the steering trim is at the center.
(3) Move the front tires to the center position with your fingers.
(4) Push and hold the pairing button on the chassis until the LED flashes fast two times and goes off.
(5) Turn on the transmitter. The neutral position should be corrected. If it is still not at the center position, repeat above steps.

To reset the transmitter:
(1) Turn off the transmitter if it is on.
(2) Make sure that the steering trim knob is at the center position
(3) Turn the G.SPD L knob fully to the counterclockwise direction.
(4) Position of G.SPD H knob does not matter.
(5) Turn the steering wheel to the fully right position and push the throttle away to the full-brake position and hold them.
(6) Turn on the transmitter. The LED should flash rapidly; this means you are now in the factory mode.
(7) Release the steering wheel and throttle lever.
(8) Turn the steering wheel fully to the left, right, left and right, and then release it.
(9) Pull/push the throttle lever to full-throttle, full-brake, full-throttle, and full-brake, and then release it.
(10) Turn the G.SPD L knob to the right most position. The LED should become solid.
(11) Turn off the transmitter and on it again. You are done.

mleemor60
2017.10.15, 02:44 PM
Ah yes, the old "hokey-pokey"!