PDA

View Full Version : ZRound 1.12.22

zround
2014.03.10, 04:39 PM
ZRound Suite 1.12.22 is available with new features and bugs fixed

ZRound

Starting lights use can be limited to mains (option added on settings)
DATE variable added to scoreboard protocol
Pass indicator (highlight frame) on Monitor#2 is persistent (highlighting is not cancelled when another transponder is detected)
Android app support register racers (instead of transponders). Require android app update
Bug solved. Testing sounds on settings window
Bug solved. Computing n-best lap after ignoring/split/join laps
Bug solved. In staggered start first racer was skipped when an unregistered car was detected and removed

ZRound Manager

Best lap qualify can sum results of n-best rounds

Android App

Settings include racer selection.

Direct download: http://www.zround.com/request.php?48

arch2b
2014.03.22, 09:35 PM
ok, some weird things happened today.

in practice mode, transponders that had been entered into the driver registry would pop up as unregistered with an odd, error tone each time it crossed the bridge. i could double click on the each and then choose the selected registry entry which was always correct. why are they being picked up as unregistered?

i also had multiple instances where a heat/main was setup and in the practice session to check everyone is counting, some are coming up as unregistered and in a few instances, others were mistakenly on the track and also began popping up as unregistered instead of being ignored. i would clear the track, go back to championship manager and load the heat/main again to clear the unregistered entries and then start the heat/main.

this also happened immediately following a heat/main when others jump back on the track and popped up as unregistered instead of being ignored.

i have never had this happen before installing 1.12.22

zround
2014.03.23, 10:21 AM
ok, some weird things happened today.

in practice mode, transponders that had been entered into the driver registry would pop up as unregistered with an odd, error tone each time it crossed the bridge. i could double click on the each and then choose the selected registry entry which was always correct. why are they being picked up as unregistered?

i also had multiple instances where a heat/main was setup and in the practice session to check everyone is counting, some are coming up as unregistered and in a few instances, others were mistakenly on the track and also began popping up as unregistered instead of being ignored. i would clear the track, go back to championship manager and load the heat/main again to clear the unregistered entries and then start the heat/main.

this also happened immediately following a heat/main when others jump back on the track and popped up as unregistered instead of being ignored.

i have never had this happen before installing 1.12.22

I have been received a lot of requests about controlling "unregistered" transponder in race. Prior 1.12.21 the software simply ignored the detection but now the detected transponder is shown as unregistered (in the ZRound console you will see the transponder number).

Here you can find the feature details: http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/manuals:tips:unregisteredtransponder

Regards.

arch2b
2014.03.23, 10:41 AM
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.zround.com :(

does this explain why transponders that have been registered show as unregistered in open practice mode? that's kind of a really annoying problem when opening the track up to practice and its not automatically selecting them from the registered drivers database.

arch2b
2014.03.23, 10:49 AM
forgot to add, during one main race a driver went thru and popped up as unregistered. it only happened once. i can't explain why this may have happened.

zround
2014.03.23, 03:04 PM
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.zround.com :(

does this explain why transponders that have been registered show as unregistered in open practice mode? that's kind of a really annoying problem when opening the track up to practice and its not automatically selecting them from the registered drivers database.

I use Chrome to edit the wiki pages and I've never had issues (In fact, I prefer to use Chrome over I.E/Firefox/Opera for this purpose). The site is hosted in hostgator, I have just tested the site and it works and I've not notice of site down alarms. Try now please.

Obviously open practice mode is not affected by the feature, it has no sense. Only the warm-up practice and races started from the championship manager with the registered racers of the heat/main.

Why do you say the open practice is not automatically selecting the racers?. I use it one month before releasing the new version and I have not had any problem with the free practice and automatic registration.

I was opposed to implement the feature because there is already a lot of control points (printed list with heat/mains, warm-up time before the race, warning sounds, green/red lights on the console) to prevent an unregistered racer or wrong transponder. However, there are a lot of people out there who asked to add the feature and once I've implemented I must agree it is good. There is no possiblity to miss a lap if the racer run with the wrong transponder (yes, that shouldn't happen but it does).

When you start a race from the championship manager, only registered racers should run (practice/race). If you want a free practice, start a free practice instead. If you have a heat/main loaded you can "clear the registered drivers" clicking the left icon (white sheet) on the zround tool bar and start a free practice as usual (clock icon).

zround
2014.03.23, 03:19 PM
forgot to add, during one main race a driver went thru and popped up as unregistered. it only happened once. i can't explain why this may have happened.

If you don't want it on zround report, please remove the "unregistered" racer from the race with the registering/unregister option on the context menu (see the documentation link on the first answer). If it belongs to a racer who has installed the wrong transponder you can assign them with the context menu too.

I could add another option to enable/disable the strict transponder number control but I.M.O. :cool: it should be another setting that eventually every body will have enabled. If it becomes an annoying behavior for other users I will consider to include it. Please let me receive more negative feedbacks before adding the new setting to the configuration page, you are the first who doesn't like it. :o

arch2b
2014.03.23, 03:26 PM
I use Chrome to edit the wiki pages and I've never had issues (In fact, I prefer to use Chrome over I.E/Firefox/Opera for this purpose). The site is hosted in hostgator, I have just tested the site and it works and I've not notice of site down alarms. Try now please.
got to the site fine now, thanks.

Why do you say the open practice is not automatically selecting the racers?. I use it one month before releasing the new version and I have not had any problem with the free practice and automatic registration.
i was running open practice mode and everyone running came up as unregistered. i know it shouldn't do that but it was and can't explain why or what i may have done wrong. i went so far as to close race manager and open it again to restart open practice and it still picked up everyone as unregistered.

When you start a race from the championship manager, only registered racers should run (practice/race). If you want a free practice, start a free practice instead. If you have a heat/main loaded you can "clear the registered drivers" clicking the left icon (white sheet) on the zround tool bar and start a free practice as usual (clock icon).
thank you. i didn't know i could do that as the roll over states 'clear registered drivers' which is reads counter intuitive to what is wanted to be done which is remove unregistered drivers from a race started from the championship manager.

no, others should not be on the track when getting ready to start a heat/main but when you have a HFAY sized track in a small space in a busy hobby shop environment, it happens frequently.

zround
2014.03.23, 03:45 PM
i was running open practice mode and everyone running came up as unregistered. i know it shouldn't do that but it was and can't explain why or what i may have done wrong. i went so far as to close race manager and open it again to restart open practice and it still picked up everyone as unregistered.

mmm. They should be automatically registered or show "TX=XX" if XX belongs to more than one racer. I cannot reproduce the issue :(.

thank you. i didn't know i could do that as the roll over states 'clear registered drivers' which is reads counter intuitive to what is wanted to be done which is remove unregistered drivers from a race started from the championship manager.

The "clear registered drivers" is like a soft "reset" of the race manager. All racers are removed from the session. It is not used to remove "unregistered" racers from the heat/main started from the championship manager but to remove all of them.

no, others should not be on the track when getting ready to start a heat/main but when you have a HFAY sized track in a small space in a busy hobby shop environment, it happens frequently.
I understand. If there are a lot of "unregistered" racers you can select all of them (ctrl-click) and remove them in a single operation.

arch2b
2014.04.13, 02:38 PM
I used the latest version yesterday and ignoring a fast lap did not correct the ranking.

zround
2014.04.15, 08:13 AM
Could you please send me the zround.mdb file located in "Datos" folder and the details about the affected race?

Thanks in advance.

Jesus.

arch2b
2014.04.15, 10:45 AM
I would be happy to send you the file but it will be 2 weeks till I am back at the track .

zround
2014.04.15, 02:43 PM
OK. Thanks.

NoBrainer
2014.06.04, 03:34 AM
I don't get white text on blue background on the race reports.

http://prenting.net/mini-z/konkuranser/03062014/FinalJune.html

It's the same for Chrome, Firefox and IE.

zround
2014.06.04, 04:49 PM
I don't get white text on blue background on the race reports.

http://prenting.net/mini-z/konkuranser/03062014/FinalJune.html

It's the same for Chrome, Firefox and IE.

The directory structure for uploading html files is:

/whateverpathyouwant/class/championship/race

If you use championship manager ftp feature, you can use the option "resend root files" in order to publish the common files required. If you use a ftp client, please upload the content of "Datos" folder to the zround root path (i.e. /whateverpathyouwant).

In your site the ZRound root path is "/" so you must put the files there.

However, I see you only whant to publish a single race so the only file really needed is "zround.css". If you place a copy of zround.css into http://prenting.net/ the race should be displayed as expected.

Regards.

NoBrainer
2014.06.05, 02:08 AM
ah your right.
Thanks man

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 05:00 AM
if you choose "english", why don't it change all the language in "Options" - "Speaker" and all the events?
Lots of Spanish there.
And some spelling errors as well.

Is there something I can do to help sort that out?

arch2b
2014.11.05, 06:23 AM
we have the same issue. I've selected English but all the race call outs remain in Spanish.

it was suggested we could manually retype the call outs in English within the sound menu but never seem to find the time to fiddle with what amounts to annoyance issues.

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 06:56 AM
yes, I have fixed it on one computer, but now I got 4 more...
So if this get fixed in v1.12.23 it would be a much better solution.

zround
2014.11.05, 07:04 AM
yes, I have fixed it on one computer, but now I got 4 more...
So if this get fixed in v1.12.23 it would be a much better solution.

It will be!. I didn't know about this issue :o

It should be repaired with the "set to default" buttons on speaker settings page but it doesn't work. :(:(:(

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

1.12.23 comming soon. Stay tuned.

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 07:08 AM
NICE!

In the ttslanguages.ini in my documents/zround/

you have missed a letter in "horas=hors", maybe correct that to "horas=hours" when you are at it?

If you at least could add the fields in zround.ini the [MONITOR] part
ColorLetraMonitor=$FFFFFF
ColorLetraMonitor2=$FFFFFF
ColorSombraLetraMonitor=$000000
ColorCabeceraMonitor=$666666
ColorLetraCabeceraMonitor=$FFFFFF
ColorFondoMonitor=$000000
FicheroFondoMonitor=

So that it's easier to change colors on secondary monitor?
You don't have to use those values, but it would be easier if the options where all ready in the file

arch2b
2014.11.05, 07:39 AM
is there a simple way to print main results that include all bumps up results? right now i print each individually so i can show all driver results for each main vs. the summary page which only shows bump up driver results in their final main.

i may have asked this before so please forgive me if i have, is there a tutorial for setting up various heat styles such as multiple rounds, resorts, etc.? i've bumbled my way thru it so far but would love to read how it should be done correctly. i have no idea how to setup a normal race with multiple rounds of heats and have the option to resort heats vs. repeating the same format. FYI, i steer clear of the PN/Reflex formats as they are confusing to the average user (me). it's rare that we run multiple rounds of heats but it has come up.

likewise, how to add a driver or remove a driver from an event after heats have started. currently i just add in people in case they show up and remove them from sorted mains after heats are run. i've never been able to successfully add a driver once an event has started.

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 08:51 AM
just missing the documentation, but the start is here :D

http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/manuals:tips

arch2b
2014.11.05, 09:48 AM
follow some of the links... :(

This topic does not exist yet
You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet. If permissions allow, you may create it by clicking on “Create this page”.

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 09:55 AM
yepp.
That's correct.
Maybe he needs someone to help him make those "red links".
So that others can benefit from this afterwards.

arch2b
2014.11.05, 10:35 AM
i would love to assist in that effort however i have yet to successfully modify a color scheme and looking for assistance on how to do many things myself. really need an 'idiots guide' to zround:p

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 11:42 AM
The color scheme for the secondary monitor?
Because that is available and working for me and others.

I'm learning Championship Manager, and maybe I can help with that later in the year after some experience.

zround
2014.11.05, 03:39 PM
is there a simple way to print main results that include all bumps up results? right now i print each individually so i can show all driver results for each main vs. the summary page which only shows bump up driver results in their final main.

There is the summary report you are looking for. I could add an option check in the report settings to repeat the racers results in different mains when they bump up ... Nobody asked for this report before so it is not done (and I haven't missed it in our races)

Printing every main results is a good workaround. I don't use to print out them as we upload the results to our web where everyone can see the race details.

i may have asked this before so please forgive me if i have, is there a tutorial for setting up various heat styles such as multiple rounds, resorts, etc.? i've bumbled my way thru it so far but would love to read how it should be done correctly. i have no idea how to setup a normal race with multiple rounds of heats and have the option to resort heats vs. repeating the same format. FYI, i steer clear of the PN/Reflex formats as they are confusing to the average user (me). it's rare that we run multiple rounds of heats but it has come up.
The only documents are the out-dated Quick Start Guide and the wiki (ZRound Library). I discarded to update the Guide and I bet on the wiki instead. I would like to feed it often but it is hard to find time (and attitude) to do it.
There are two video tutorials about ZRound Manager as well (http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/manuals:videos)

I organized two online intensive courses (for ZRound and ZRound Manager) last year where all that matters (and more) where covered. Unfortunately, they where in Spanish because you've probably seen my English skills are not as good as I'd want.
It may be some day I could gather up my courage to do it in English.

likewise, how to add a driver or remove a driver from an event after heats have started. currently i just add in people in case they show up and remove them from sorted mains after heats are run. i've never been able to successfully add a driver once an event has started.
You only have to register the racer and set the Heat you want on the inscription form. There are an edit box to enter the heat on Q1, Q2, etc. (where 1=Heat A, 2=B, etc.)

zround
2014.11.05, 03:43 PM
NICE!

In the ttslanguages.ini in my documents/zround/

you have missed a letter in "horas=hors", maybe correct that to "horas=hours" when you are at it?

If you at least could add the fields in zround.ini the [MONITOR] part
ColorLetraMonitor=$FFFFFF
ColorLetraMonitor2=$FFFFFF
ColorSombraLetraMonitor=$000000
ColorCabeceraMonitor=$666666
ColorLetraCabeceraMonitor=$FFFFFF
ColorFondoMonitor=$000000
FicheroFondoMonitor=

So that it's easier to change colors on secondary monitor?
You don't have to use those values, but it would be easier if the options where all ready in the file

I always think on adding a customization settings but other features are always priorized ... I will include the settings in the installer without overwriting existing values.

zround
2014.11.05, 04:04 PM
i would love to assist in that effort however i have yet to successfully modify a color scheme and looking for assistance on how to do many things myself. really need an 'idiots guide' to zround:p

Did you see this http://www.zround.com/wiki/doku.php/manuals:tips:colorsmonitor2?

zround
2014.11.05, 04:06 PM
The color scheme for the secondary monitor?
Because that is available and working for me and others.

I'm learning Championship Manager, and maybe I can help with that later in the year after some experience.

Everybody are welcome to contribute to have a good ZRound Library. Please contact to me by mail to assign a user with rights for writing.

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 05:41 PM
Thank you sir

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 06:51 PM
Championship Manager - Heats and Main
How can I make
qual 1 heat a
qual 1 heat b
etc?
Also for main
main 1 heat a
main 1 heat b

We are not many drivers, 4-8 pr heat.
But we tend to set up qual 1 a and b and run 3 quals.
Then we maybe run Main C with bump up to B and Main B with bump up to A.

NoBrainer
2014.11.05, 07:00 PM
I can only add 5 races in the Championship manager.
If I at least could create 8, I can create a season of racing.

So that we can make the championship before we start a season and export it to all the places we drive.

If there is to be a limit, maybe 12 (1 for each month) would be better?
It might be better to make all the rounds in advance, so that we don't have to make time for that when we just want to drive.
We drive at several different places with 1 hour or more of transport between the tracks

Also, in the FIND CHAMPIONSHIP, I would like a comment field. So that I could explain the template I made for later use.
Like this:

Class: MiniZ Racer
Championship: MZN Stock
Comment: Stock 2wd, 3 quals 5 min, 3 finals 8 min, bump up 2

zround
2014.11.06, 03:35 PM
I can only add 5 races in the Championship manager.
If I at least could create 8, I can create a season of racing.

Check the "Number of races" setting.
You can add up to the number of races configured. The default value is 5.

So that we can make the championship before we start a season and export it to all the places we drive.

The recommended procedure is to share the "datos" folder. Once a race finishes on a place, the datos folder is sent to the next one. The full championship results will be on the same database and championship ranking is up to date every time.

If there is to be a limit, maybe 12 (1 for each month) would be better?

There is not such limitation as said before.

It might be better to make all the rounds in advance, so that we don't have to make time for that when we just want to drive.
We drive at several different places with 1 hour or more of transport between the tracks

The number of heats depends on the racers registered into the race. If you know who will run on every race, you can register them and prepare the race at home.

Also, in the FIND CHAMPIONSHIP, I would like a comment field. So that I could explain the template I made for later use.
Like this:

Class: MiniZ Racer
Championship: MZN Stock
Comment: Stock 2wd, 3 quals 5 min, 3 finals, min, bump up 2
Suggestion noted down.

NoBrainer
2014.11.17, 04:57 AM
Check the "Number of races" setting.
You can add up to the number of races configured. The default value is 5.

Yes, thanks for the tip.
Think I got it to work now.

But, when you create a championship, you can set up ex 5 races and then discard 1.
Is it the same with the the qual and final in every race?
Like if I want pre-qual, 3 quals and 3 finals.
Can I have the championship manager to discard the worst qual and the worst finale for each driver?

zround
2014.11.17, 04:54 PM
Yes, thanks for the tip.
Think I got it to work now.

But, when you create a championship, you can set up ex 5 races and then discard 1.
Is it the same with the the qual and final in every race?
Like if I want pre-qual, 3 quals and 3 finals.
Can I have the championship manager to discard the worst qual and the worst finale for each driver?

Heats and Mains can be configured to count the n-best rounds in order to compute the qualify/final results.

The setup on the championship will be applied by default on its races. However, you can overwrite the default values on the race once it is created.

Regards.