PDA

View Full Version : Issues 1) Auto insert transponder number 2) error with amb rc4 decoder

HoJo
2014.03.21, 11:15 PM
Hi

I am exploring the use of Zround for racing 1/10 EP touring cars at my track. While fiddling with it, I noticed the following 2 issues:

1. When generating heats, drivers with no transponder numbers inserted, are automatically given number 9876543 by the system. Is this an error ? Not all drivers with no transponders are given the auto generated numbers, just some. Seems strange.

2. When I tried to use the race manger to detect my Amb decoder connected via LAN Ethernet cable, I get the message 'asynchronous socket error 10051". Could someone advise what I should do to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

zround
2014.03.22, 03:51 AM
Hi

I am exploring the use of Zround for racing 1/10 EP touring cars at my track. While fiddling with it, I noticed the following 2 issues:

1. When generating heats, drivers with no transponder numbers inserted, are automatically given number 9876543 by the system. Is this an error ? Not all drivers with no transponders are given the auto generated numbers, just some. Seems strange.

2. When I tried to use the race manger to detect my Amb decoder connected via LAN Ethernet cable, I get the message 'asynchronous socket error 10051". Could someone advise what I should do to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

Let me see if I can help...

1. Please check the "Tools/Transponder availability..." option in championship manager. If you have registered some transponders for the club into the AMBrc page, they will be used for people without transponder.

2. Error code 10051 means "networks is unreachable". ZRound tries to discover the AMBrc address and, once it is located, it connects to the decoder. It seems the IP address received is neither valid or reachabe. You could try

a. Enter the IP address of the decoder manually.
b. Left the IP address in blank and connect again to force the discovery protocol to try again.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Regards,

Jesus.

HoJo
2014.03.24, 03:26 AM
Hi Jesus

Thanks for your reply. Tried out as you suggested, and was able to get everything in good working order.

Am loving the software. Tried it out over the weekend, and have full confidence to deploy if for our on-road race this coming weekend.

Cheers !

zround
2014.03.24, 01:49 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

Enjoy ZRound!

HoJo
2014.03.24, 10:59 PM
Hi Jesus

Some additional questions

(1) Could I also check how I can import drivers into the software ? Would it be possible for me to use MS Excel to create a spreadsheet of drivers and then import into ZRound ? If it is possible, could I trouble you to let me know the steps I should take.

(2) How do I configure pre-qualifying by groups and then to use the best 3 consecutive laps to generate the qualifying heats ?

(3) Is there an auto way to auto-generate a re-sort of the heats say after 2 rounds of heats, based on the racer's best single round of the 2 rounds completed.

Thanks in advance for your time on this.

zround
2014.03.25, 06:37 PM
Hi Jesus

Some additional questions

(1) Could I also check how I can import drivers into the software ? Would it be possible for me to use MS Excel to create a spreadsheet of drivers and then import into ZRound ? If it is possible, could I trouble you to let me know the steps I should take.

You can use comma separated values (csv) text files with the columns: id,name,surname,club,transponder,f1,f2,f3,nick

Text files: name, surname, club, transponder, nick: Must by quoted with "(ASCII 34)
Integer values: id, f1, f2, f3: Must not include thousand separator (27225 OK - 27,225 ERROR)

"Id" is the zround driver id. It is an unique identifier for every record. I use to export the drivers database to my club website in order to generate the inscription page. If the "id" is 0 a new racer record will be added unless you locate an already registered driver with the wizard.

Here you have one line example:
22,"Jesús","Broceño","MadriZ","29","0","","","zround"

Column names must not be included otherwise you will need to ignore them when importing the file.

The "Import..." button on the registration page will ask you for a file to load. A wizard will be opened to see the racers and decide when to create drivers or use existing ones.

Hi Jesus
(2) How do I configure pre-qualifying by groups and then to use the best 3 consecutive laps to generate the qualifying heats ?

You must check the "Prequalify run" option into the race settings "Training" page. The number of best laps to use can be defined but it is not available de "consecutive" control. I introduced the feature for heats/main only. The pre-qualify round doesn't implement the feature yet but I have planned to extend the option soon.

When the "prequalify run" is enabled, groups will be filled out when heats are generated (button generate heats on "Driver Registration" page). The sort used is the ranking value.

Hi Jesus
(3) Is there an auto way to auto-generate a re-sort of the heats say after 2 rounds of heats, based on the racer's best single round of the 2 rounds completed.

Thanks in advance for your time on this.

The PN-Racing format / Q1 (two rounds reverse order) + Q2 has that behavior

There are three rounds.

1) First: Sort by ranking (if pre-qualify is run, sort is the pre-qualify sort)
2) Second: Same groups
3) A resort is computed based on the best result.

HoJo
2014.03.26, 03:58 AM
Hi Jesus

Thanks for the quick and clear response. Looking forward to the next version of zRound.

Regards