PDA

View Full Version : Guys running on Ozite Carpet, white tires are you using?

MiamizFinest
2014.04.18, 05:37 PM
Looking to get opinions on what you guys are using?

mleemor60
2014.04.18, 07:28 PM
When are you running ? I have friends in Lauderdale that might want to join in.

MiamizFinest
2014.04.18, 09:59 PM
When are you running ? I have friends in Lauderdale that might want to join in.

A few times a week, the shop is open till 8. There's usually one or two guys there at any given time during the day. As of right now we don't have official racing days as we are trying to build a bigger crowd. Hopefully racing can start soon, for anyone interested here is a video of the track. Let the guys in Lauderdale know man! We'd love to have them there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiK3GSQs_bc

ChiMiniRc
2014.04.21, 11:53 AM
Looking to get opinions on what you guys are using?

We've used both 20 degree rear radials with 30 degree front slicks from Kyosho as well as PN 6 degree rear radials with 8 degree slick fronts. The weather has been really finicky with which is better. literally PN works well for part of the season (warm) and Kyosho in winter. Can't say for sure what the deal is. Might not even be weather related. Could be after you run one type of rubber the other compound works better until it is run into the carpet.

Also, I've had the hardest time tuning the front tires. Personally it seems like suspension changes are far more noticeable on carpet. Many times I can switch between RXF-15 from PN and 30 degree slick KYO to get the right feel. Or in this case, the 8 degree fron slicks from PN. But it takes more than that to get it right. I decided to stick with Kyosho 30 in the front and had to play with spring and camber arm changes to get it feeling right.