PDA

View Full Version : Which Kyosho Damper?

arch2b
2014.04.19, 07:12 PM
I have the PN Racing Mini-Z MR02/03 98-102mm V4 LCG Motor Mount (Silver) MR2289S on an MR-03 setup for wide 98mm. I am looking to pair this with a Kyosho damper kit however there are several to choose from and looking for some assistance in not wasting money and purchasing the kit that is most compatible. :p

Roll Damper / Oil Shock Set MM98mm/LM102mm R246-1222
MML roll damper MR-03 / HB98mm for R246-1352
RM roll damper MR-03 R246-1354
Friction Shock Set (Carbon/MR-03) KYO-MZW220
Friction Shock Set (Carbon/MR-03) KYO-MZW411

HammondCheese
2014.04.20, 08:47 AM
Dare we ask why you specifically want a Kyosho damper as opposed to anyone elses?

arch2b
2014.04.20, 08:56 AM
fair question. i have a PN damper on it now and it's just not lining up well leaving very little room for movement. i don't know if it's QC of the CF plates or what as they have very rough edges to begin with. when i try to add the R246 rear shock its even more misaligned making the shock position either to short or too long. i don't want the hassle or headache that comes with tri shocks as i just don't have time to chase those gremlins down when racing. i need something that is set and forget.

HammondCheese
2014.04.20, 10:51 AM
fair question. i have a PN damper on it now and it's just not lining up well leaving very little room for movement. i don't know if it's QC of the CF plates or what as they have very rough edges to begin with. when i try to add the R246 rear shock its even more misaligned making the shock position either to short or too long. i don't want the hassle or headache that comes with tri shocks as i just don't have time to chase those gremlins down when racing. i need something that is set and forget.

If I'm understanding correctly, I might be able to help you with one of the issues. If the rear shock is a little long...and we're talking about the shock that is basically the metal version of the yellow plastic shock.... There used to be an article floating around ( I can't find it... it might have been on the old FPR site....) about limiting the extension of the shock. Basically the idea was to cut about 2mm from a tube like the straw you get with a can of WD40 and put it on the shaft of the suspension to limit the maximum extension. They used it to help set ride height properly - and I think that's part of the problem you're trying to sort at the moment.

Anyway I haven't used any of the dampers from the big K myself (I've got one PN and 2 Reflex ones set up at the moment... no complaints with any of them) but I'm pretty sure I've seen someone racing with a KYO-MZW425 before on a HSV010 body. Its a slightly modified version of the KYO-MZW411 designed to fit the HSV. It seemed to go ok - so I'd assume the 411 works more or less the same if that helps....