PDA

View Full Version : Mr-03s

InFiNiteX
2014.04.29, 09:52 PM
Hey Guys/Gals

I just got a couple of MR-03S. Whenever I apply WOT the car spins out. Would adding a diff fix this? I am running on a homemade track(EVA foam mats)

Thanks

J

imxlr8ed
2014.04.29, 10:27 PM
Time to get some tires! Kyosho 20 rears or some PN 6 rears should work for you and maybe some Kyosho 30s, 40s or PN 15s, 20s for the front.

Ball diffs will take away some of the initial hit but for stock motors you more than likely just need stickier rears. Until then, you'll get great practice with throttle control!

InFiNiteX
2014.04.30, 01:50 AM
thanks, ill give it a try

HammondCheese
2014.04.30, 09:45 AM
thanks, ill give it a try
Is this happening in a straight line, or when you're still turning? If its while turning, improving your throttle control and then stickier tires are definitely a good place to start, followed by a t-plate softer than stock.

If its in a straight line check to see if your chassis is tweaked a little. Theres a number of threads on here about how to check this by pressing down gently on each side of the front suspension and seeing if the opposite rear is lifting then if it is fixing it with a few shims.

Welcome to the hobby.

InFiNiteX
2014.04.30, 02:24 PM
Is this happening in a straight line, or when you're still turning? If its while turning, improving your throttle control and then stickier tires are definitely a good place to start, followed by a t-plate softer than stock.

If its in a straight line check to see if your chassis is tweaked a little. Theres a number of threads on here about how to check this by pressing down gently on each side of the front suspension and seeing if the opposite rear is lifting then if it is fixing it with a few shims.

Welcome to the hobby.

Straight Line Accel. I search the forums a bit more. How do most of you clean your tires? Rubbing Alcohol?

byebye
2014.04.30, 05:09 PM
If you are on stock tires hit them with a little sand paper to scuff them.

I use tape and run the tire on the sticky side of the tape to remove the fine dirt.

imxlr8ed
2014.04.30, 06:40 PM
I'm a huge fan of WD-40 for tire cleaning... softens the rubber a bit too. Just don't soak them in it.

InFiNiteX
2014.04.30, 11:24 PM
If you are on stock tires hit them with a little sand paper to scuff them.

I use tape and run the tire on the sticky side of the tape to remove the fine dirt.

Im on the stock tires. I drove the car on my driveway, but that made them worst. It seemed much stickier when the tires came out of the box.

InFiNiteX
2014.04.30, 11:25 PM
I'm a huge fan of WD-40 for tire cleaning... softens the rubber a bit too. Just don't soak them in it.

Are you punking me??

imxlr8ed
2014.05.01, 10:15 AM
No.

I race on RCP and once in a while I'll wipe down my tires with wd to clean them off. There are some that even use diff lube on the tires to soften that outer layer a bit to gain a bit more traction.

You do wipe them clean with a rag or paper towel before you put it out on the track though.

InFiNiteX
2014.05.02, 12:11 PM
No.

I race on RCP and once in a while I'll wipe down my tires with wd to clean them off. There are some that even use diff lube on the tires to soften that outer layer a bit to gain a bit more traction.

You do wipe them clean with a rag or paper towel before you put it out on the track though.

Thanks- I gave this a shot. as I was doing this I said to myself " this doesn't sound like a good idea" but Hey It worked out okay. Thanks for the tip.

dwight
2014.05.19, 12:52 PM
I found out that the sport will bind to the Fly sky radio.

imxlr8ed
2014.05.19, 01:43 PM
I found out that the sport will bind to the Fly sky radio.

Please tell us the model of the type of FlySky it binds to! I have a few that would be very interested!