PDA

View Full Version : AMZ set up

dwight
2014.05.09, 02:36 AM
Need some help with the set up of this car? It keeps rolling over I have 40 fronts and 20 rear with hard springs up front and soft in the rear. Also is there another radio I can use with this dont really like the stock on.

HammondCheese
2014.05.11, 08:57 AM
Need some help with the set up of this car? It keeps rolling over I have 40 fronts and 20 rear with hard springs up front and soft in the rear. Also is there another radio I can use with this dont really like the stock on.

Hi first the radio. GoGoLap makes a RX module compatible with the ASF transmitters. Install that and you've got all the dedicated mini-z controllers available to you instead.

Have you tried the standard options to stop traction rolling?

I don't own an AMZ but assuming you can use the Mini-z AWD wheels (or there are AMZ equivalents) - get a body with wider offsets and/or a lower CoG (lexan windows may help here). Lowering the chassis too.

Gluing your tires, or trueing them may help. Some people also put a little CA glue on the sidewalls when there is too much traction (which is going to be part of your issue).

Depending on the setup options the AMZ gives you you may also be able to adjust the roll centre (theres other threads on here that explain that better than I can).

mleemor60
2014.05.11, 09:40 AM

Dwight. Is it rolling on corner entry or exit. Before you get off the throttle or when you pick it back up?

machgo5go
2014.05.11, 10:22 PM
Hi first the radio. GoGoLap makes a RX module compatible with the ASF transmitters. Install that and you've got all the dedicated mini-z controllers available to you instead.

Do you know a resource I can order GoGoLap RX module board?
I been looking all over the place & came up only TRP Spain which is too costly in shipping.

dwight
2014.05.12, 02:54 AM
Ok I have the car running well now. Would like to find another radio. The stock radio has limited adjustments.

HammondCheese
2014.05.12, 04:01 AM
Do you know a resource I can order GoGoLap RX module board?
I been looking all over the place & came up only TRP Spain which is too costly in shipping.

That's where I'd go for it. I'm in Australia. Sadly for me shipping from there is 'normal' as opposed to 'expensive'.

dwight
2014.05.12, 10:05 AM
So I was in my local hobby shop and saw a radio that might work for the AMZ awd.

dwight
2014.05.12, 11:49 AM
Futaba 3pl works with am AMZ.

MiamizFinest
2014.05.14, 12:08 AM
Futaba 3pl works with am AMZ.

What?!?!? Is this true?

dwight
2014.05.14, 06:02 PM
I'm waiting on the radio to confirm this. Found the information on rctech.net. according to futaba there frequency is fhss and that's the same as the AMZ radio.

Sinister_Y
2014.05.15, 10:37 AM
I am a GoGoLap dealer and will be placing an order shortly as I'm out of the amazing lightweight Nissan JGTC body that they make. I know that Philip from PN is also a dealer, so he may order too, who knows? Maybe. Anyway, Canadian dollar is sucking still, so all Americans when they buy from me are getting a 10% discount minimum just by being able to buy in USD and converting to CDN.

arch2b
2014.05.15, 11:43 AM
I am a GoGoLap dealer and will be placing an order shortly as I'm out of the amazing lightweight Nissan JGTC body that they make. I know that Philip from PN is also a dealer, so he may order too, who knows? Maybe. Anyway, Canadian dollar is sucking still, so all Americans when they buy from me are getting a 10% discount minimum just by being able to buy in USD and converting to CDN.
uh, wrong thread maybe :confused:

DMALMAD
2014.05.15, 12:35 PM
I think he is talking about the gogo lap module for amz that someone asked about earlier in the thread

arch2b
2014.05.15, 12:47 PM
good catch, post #4 :cool:

MiamizFinest
2014.05.15, 05:37 PM

How much, those people in spain are asking 70+ dollars. A hobby shop in Malaysia i found wants 66 Dollars shipped to my house which i think is still outrageous.

MiamizFinest
2014.05.15, 05:38 PM
I'm waiting on the radio to confirm this. Found the information on rctech.net. according to futaba there frequency is fhss and that's the same as the AMZ radio.

I found that same thread on RCtech the guy came back and edited the thread saying it won't work.

dwight
2014.05.15, 06:54 PM
Well when you think a bout it a mr03 board is 110 if you can find it so thats not that bad.

machgo5go
2014.05.16, 05:58 AM
PN most likely will not carry it if you can understand the politics what product this is going into.;)
I think you have better chance for us in US ordering from rather then overseas since only carrier available so far is in Europe from my research.

r46
2014.05.17, 05:04 AM
never liked stock tx myself so went about swap over..

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/triks75/DSC04900_zpsa0c32f57.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/triks75/DSC04892_zpsd8ff4c56.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/triks75/DSC04893_zpsbea416cc.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/triks75/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC04916_zps2f3f8532.jpg

I also suffered (not as bad now) roll into corner at fast speed, have changed a few things:
-1 front toe linkage
med-firm front springs
med-soft rear springs
alloy shock towers (old pic now has pair)
digital servo (stock is pants)

i'm using 20's alround +2 +2 wheels on rcp

dwight
2014.05.17, 12:45 PM
What kind of radio is that

r46
2014.05.17, 02:43 PM
What kind of radio is that
its a Flysky gt3c
more info
http://www(dot)helipal(dot)com/product_info.php?currency=USD&products_id=9466&gclid=CNCxgq_bs74CFXLJtAodbmIAPA&osCsid=77dv7bqv67ic3bjbs8nu30f3k4

dwight
2014.05.18, 05:51 AM
Why didn't you use a futaba radio

r46
2014.05.20, 12:35 AM
Why didn't you use a futaba radio
don't like futaba radios, gt3c my basher tx as rx's dirt cheap :) an tz4 pairs directly with it.

dwight
2014.05.20, 08:32 AM
So you have to change out the receiver.

byebye
2014.07.20, 06:32 PM
Bump! Let's keep the discussion going.

dameetz
2014.07.21, 04:30 AM
Anybody notice this car while having same amount of L-R steering throw will turn real hard to the left compare to the right?

supafastsupra2
2014.07.21, 01:57 PM
Anybody notice this car while having same amount of L-R steering throw will turn real hard to the left compare to the right?

The car is biased toward the left side of the car because of the servo and motor outweighing the stock battery. We were originally mitigating this by moving the electronics to on top of the battery, but are now trying a larger battery to help balance the car in addition to gaining a lot of bottom end punch.

scoobyrs25
2014.07.21, 11:33 PM
I successfully installed a Kyosho board on my AMZ. It was very straight forward actually. I just opened up the servo and mirrored the Kyosho setup. The rear wheelbase adjustment screw holes match up perfectly with the holes in the board that normally sit in pegs to locate it on the Kyosho chassis. I used machine screws and plastic wheel lugs to space the board above the carbon and bolt it down. I'm using Kyosho LiFe batteries stacked on top of each other. It should help the weight balance.

byebye
2014.07.22, 04:24 AM
I successfully installed a Kyosho board on my AMZ. It was very straight forward actually. I just opened up the servo and mirrored the Kyosho setup. The rear wheelbase adjustment screw holes match up perfectly with the holes in the board that normally sit in pegs to locate it on the Kyosho chassis. I used machine screws and plastic wheel lugs to space the board above the carbon and bolt it down. I'm using Kyosho LiFe batteries stacked on top of each other. It should help the weight balance.

Can you post up pics please?

scoobyrs25
2014.07.22, 11:24 PM
Let's see if this works
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34303&d=1406089441

scoobyrs25
2014.07.22, 11:28 PM
Looks like it worked. This is a pic of the mr030s board I put in to see if I could get the servo to work. It worked great. Picked up a brushless board this weekend. I'll get it installed as soon as my 2 yr old daughter let's me.

byebye
2014.07.23, 05:49 PM
Looks like it worked. This is a pic of the mr030s board I put in to see if I could get the servo to work. It worked great. Picked up a brushless board this weekend. I'll get it installed as soon as my 2 yr old daughter let's me.

Thanks for posting this up.

dwight
2014.07.25, 01:36 AM
Can you put out a better picture of the servo wires.

arch2b
2014.07.25, 07:00 AM
Let's see if this works
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34303&d=1406089441

this looks so tempting but i really don't want to deal with non AAA powered cars. :( that and our track just isn't large enough for that much power/speed. i already have a mod VE car collecting dust in my box.

byebye
2014.07.25, 08:52 PM
this looks so tempting but i really don't want to deal with non AAA powered cars. :( that and our track just isn't large enough for that much power/speed. i already have a mod VE car collecting dust in my box.

I ordered one with a gogo receiver for us to mess with.

arch2b
2014.07.25, 10:45 PM
:cool: like babysitting... all the fun of playing with kids but with the bonus of returning them to their owner :p

i look forward to seeing the build. really interested to see the quality of the gogo PCB.

scoobyrs25
2014.07.27, 12:15 PM
So here is my updated pic with the proper brushless board installed. After fixing the ridiculous servo saver slop, the car is fantastic, well on my hardwood floor at least. I won't know how it works on carpet until next weekend. I wouldn't worry about too much power with an awd car. They just hook up and go.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34319&d=1406480934

Ancient Artist
2014.07.29, 04:50 PM
I ordered one with a gogo receiver for us to mess with.

Where did you order your GoGo Lap receiver from? North America at least (hopefully)?
Also does GoGo Lap have a site somewhere with product info. I did a search and it didn't really come up with much...

I'm considering picking one of these up but would prefer ditching the radio from the get go and would need it pretty quick.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

byebye
2014.07.29, 07:23 PM
Where did you order your GoGo Lap receiver from? North America at least (hopefully)?
Also does GoGo Lap have a site somewhere with product info. I did a search and it didn't really come up with much...

I'm considering picking one of these up but would prefer ditching the radio from the get go and would need it pretty quick.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I picked it up off ebay but it looks as though I picked up the only one available.

yamar6
2014.08.03, 10:26 AM
I bought the toe links is 3 dots 3 which one is 3.5 or 2.5

arch2b
2014.08.03, 11:18 AM
MC3 (http://www.minicarclubofcanada.com/Newslist.aspx?id=215018223) out of canada carries GoGoLap.

Ancient Artist
2014.08.09, 08:28 PM
MC3 (http://www.minicarclubofcanada.com/Newslist.aspx?id=215018223) out of canada carries GoGoLap.

I saw that but it didn't look like they had stock. Thanks for mentioning it tho becuase it provoked me to take another look and "I think" you can still purchase one from them but you have to sort of "preorder" them or something because in the store it says "0" stock, but also "Available to order. It may take 1-2 more weeks for delivering."
If nothing else that's the best potential of getting one because at least they are/were carrying them in some capacity.

Ancient Artist
2014.08.09, 09:29 PM

Running AAA's would be a nice option but does seem to be a bit more challenging to accomplish. Does anyone know if the car could support and support a brushed motor? (with or without the stock speed controller).
Will the motor plate work if not anything else you can pop in there?

I'm quite interested in this car, but I think my local track might be too small for that kind of power combo.
-plus I don't think there's enough guys (yet) that have lipos and/or brushless stuff to have a class if the car could be dialed down to do so.

jdmgoodies
2014.08.10, 10:23 PM
anyone try a gogolap reciever with a (ko ex-1 kiy v3 mini-z asf radio?)

byebye
2014.08.16, 08:50 PM
anyone try a gogolap reciever with a (ko ex-1 kiy v3 mini-z asf radio?)

I'm using the EX-10 Eurus

http://youtu.be/4J0C-9irnww?list=UURA79WZDrTbO_-pu4963OyQ

Felix2010
2014.08.16, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the vid bye-bye! Awesome stuff:D

byebye
2014.08.17, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the vid bye-bye! Awesome stuff:D
:D after 10-15 laps I was able to dial in the steering and throttle and such. The servo moves quite a bit. I put a little double sided tire tape but that didn't help much. Needs to be a bit thicker.

scoobyrs25
2014.08.18, 11:12 PM
My servo broke on the first lap. Any ideas on a quality substitute?

yamar6
2014.08.21, 01:39 PM
They say the aluminum servo holder helps a lot. I just ordered one I'll tell u if it works should have it in a couple days:D after 10-15 laps I was able to dial in the steering and throttle and such. The servo moves quite a bit. I put a little double sided tire tape but that didn't help much. Needs to be a bit thicker.

dameetz
2014.08.21, 11:09 PM
My servo broke on the first lap. Any ideas on a quality substitute?

I m using Futaba S3154, sizewise its a direct fit, its plastic gear, i only broke the gear once after using it about 4 months now but thats because i was testing the car without the body. Just make sure you are not using excessive front wheel offset so that the wheels are not protuding beyond the fender. Some of my friends are using Savox metal gear servo, they are durable however its not a direct fit, need modification of the servo mount and its a tight fit between the servo and the motor endbell.

dameetz
2014.08.21, 11:13 PM
They say the aluminum servo holder helps a lot. I just ordered one I'll tell u if it works should have it in a couple days

For triple security and rigidity, i m using the alum mount, double sided strong acrylic tape and longer screws to mount the servo to the chassis. No more wondering during the straight after that.

yamar6
2014.08.23, 01:46 PM
Good to know just waiting cause miniz store ran out I had to order from eBay from china

dwight
2014.09.04, 02:40 PM
So I have the gogo lap and it's working with the EX 1 seams fine will give more details on Saturday when I go to the local track.