PDA

View Full Version : R246-1831 Kyosho Route 246 Enjoy Battle Motor Mini-Z

arch2b
2014.06.15, 02:23 PM
Does anyone know what this motor is?http://www.hobbycart.com/media/import/kyosho/KS_R246-1831.jpg

R246-1831 Kyosho Route 246 Enjoy Battle Motor Mini-Z

arch2b
2014.06.15, 02:42 PM
lots of searching later, looks like the predecessor to the Kyosho Eco Tune motor.

lfisminiz
2014.06.15, 08:54 PM
Ray was going to say its probably a slower motor.

LED
2014.06.16, 08:38 AM
Hi

Here in Belgium they use this motor for the HM races. It's slow and If I remember correctly 130 turns or something like that. Someone in Holland unwinded one.
They are hard to find, and even more of a difference in performance one motor to the other then the stock motors are.

As an example last race modified best time was around 9 sec. HM cup was 11.9sec.

arch2b
2014.06.16, 08:48 AM
highly inconsistent is not good :( i'm ultimately looking for a stock motor that runs a bit cooler and is same price range of $10. it's most important that the speeds remain the similar as stock class. 70t is far to much of a jump up in speed.

mleemor60
2014.06.16, 09:48 AM
R. I have been using the same stock motor for almost three years. It is still really quite good. Never ran it with more than a 7T pinion with worn tires. Usually use a 6T when rubber up to snuff. it seems that what kills them is the quest for "demon speed" Most of us run on smaller tighter tracks where even an 8T is too much when coupled with the stock differential. Member flash2p told me how to break one in and I must say it was well worth the effort.

arch2b
2014.06.16, 09:55 AM
email me the instructions please. mine has been run for over a year and brushes are still good but runs way to hot.

we have a few that simply run hot no matter the gearing. mine for example runs very hot on 7t. there is no 'demon speed' with a stock motor, it's 6-8t, that's all there is. everyone is running 6t or 7t i believe.

LED
2014.06.16, 04:17 PM
R. I have been using the same stock motor for almost three years. It is still really quite good. Never ran it with more than a 7T pinion with worn tires. Usually use a 6T when rubber up to snuff. it seems that what kills them is the quest for "demon speed" Most of us run on smaller tighter tracks where even an 8T is too much when coupled with the stock differential. Member flash2p told me how to break one in and I must say it was well worth the effort.

Could you send me the break in method to please.
I'll PM my email adress.

Thx

briankstan
2014.06.17, 10:27 AM
or just post the instructions so we all know. ;)

Pierro
2014.06.20, 04:42 PM
Hi Arch!

As LED said, we use this motor on the HM cup this year. This is definitely slower than the stock. No idea if it's as slow as the eco tune as I never tried this specific motor.

We run them with a 9 pinion with stock dif. It doesn't get so hot.
This motor is nice if you are a bunch of car on the track, but for alone practice I would not recommend as this is way too slow to have fun.

Last year we used the stock motor and I found this was more fun to run due to the limit beeing the grip roll and your setup rather than your motor power.
(All with HM car and pretty much stock chassis and bodies)

Otherwise, the info I got was that it was discontinued but they produced a new batch not long ago.