PDA

View Full Version : Considering a Basement Track

photocycler
2014.06.25, 11:20 PM
I am considering building a track with the RCP kit , attached is my dimensions. I see a bunch of layouts out there but cant seem to figure out how big of a track I could create—trying to decide if its worth it.

The image is a basic outline of available space - this is not the complete room dimensions, just an idea of the space the track should fit in.

I would love to have a nice chicane, some night tight turns and of course a big straightaway to get up to speed.

Thanks for your help
Evan

mleemor60
2014.06.26, 06:59 AM
Welcome to the forum.

The 19' dimension is nice . The 5' offset is handy but it is hard to drive the car when it is out of your sight line. The 9' wide is going to make what you want pretty difficult. The above assumptive reference is based on walls defining the space shown. If you haven't already invested then I think I would look very hard at using the "mini-96" RCP kits instead of the standard(larger) size track pieces. The "mini" is much harder to drive on but the skills you build will carry over quite well to the larger tracks when you gat a chance to run on them.

briankstan
2014.06.26, 08:56 AM
this one is close but a little bigger in some dims than you show, using 2 wide L's

photocycler
2014.06.26, 11:34 PM
this one is close but a little bigger in some dims than you show, using 2 wide L's

That is a great layout, would that be with 30 or 50cm tiles?

briankstan
2014.06.27, 09:19 AM
That is a great layout, would that be with 30 or 50cm tiles?

50cm tiles.