PDA

View Full Version : Railyard Racing, July-December 2014...

imxlr8ed
2014.07.22, 11:47 AM
Railyard Hobbies
100 Heritage Drive
Elverson, PA 19520
https://www.railyardhobbies.com/

As to avoid confusion with the other threads out there, I'm putting this thread up for our races and events for our small scale on-road program at Railyard. As of now we have approximately 500 square feet of RCP track there for use. Railyard now has an excellent inventory of RTR kits, chassis and aftermarket racing grade parts as well!

The Rental track is always available for practice and tuning all business hours, and there is a fleet of rental Mini-Z available for practice and some pick up races as well! Inquire with the shop for fees that will apply.

Our club is more about the fun of RC racing and less about the drama! It does get just as serious sometimes but none of our crew are hotheads (well maybe one or two on rare occasions) and all of our racers are more than willing to help out with issues anywhere from tuning to purchases, even to driving tips! We've been having a great time at our new home at Railyard and we hope you'll join us for the best, most innovative scale of on-road racing out there!

We've confirmed the below schedule with Railyard through December. The dates below are when we will have the RCP track set up to race with our Club lap counting system and one or more of our club members will be on hand to help out with any issues.

The dates below are all Sundays, 11am to 6pm. We usually start our heats around 1pm - 2pm and start our mains around 3pm - 4pm.

I will update who plans to be there and who has attended as our schedule progresses. (asterisk designates dates past)

Schedule, July - December:

07/06: Ed, Larry, Al, Quinn, Gordon *

07/20: Al, Quinn, Ed *

08/03: Al, Larry, Ed, Quinn, Andy, Gordon, Chad, GK, AF *

08/24: Al, Eric, Larry, Ed, Quinn, Gordon, Andy, Mike *

09/14: Al, Eric, Larry, Ed, Mike *

10/5: Al, Larry, Eric, Mike, Andy, Ed, Gordon *

10/26: 20 racers total *

11/23: Al, Larry, Gordon, Henry, Eric, Quinn, Ed *

12/14:

12/21:

Tech Regulations:

Racer (Closed Ratio):

6 or 7 tooth Pinion gear and Stock Differential only! (allowable to use locking collar on left side)
Kyosho chassis (MR01, MR015, MR02, MR03)
Iwaver chassis (01, 02M, 04M)
2WD only
Any mass produced, injection molded body for 1/28th scale racing.
No lexan bodies
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any electronics
PN 70turn bag stock motors or box stock, no mods, break-ins and comm drops only.
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Racer (Open Ratio)

Any gearing
Kyosho chassis (MR01, MR015, MR02, MR03, MA010, MA015, MA020,)
Iwaver chassis (01, 02M, 04M)
Xmod chassis (Gen 1, Gen 2)
2WD or AWD
Any mass produced, injection molded body for 1/28th scale racing.
No lexan bodies
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any electronics
PN 70turn bag stock motors or box stock, no mods, break-ins and comm drops only.
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

Mod:

Any chassis, carbon or otherwise
2WD or AWD
Body scale must fall in or near 1/28th, lexan or injection
90-102mm wheelbase
No open wheels
Any motor (brushless included)
Rubber tires only (no high content silicone)
Any battery

F1:

Kyosho F1 chassis only (MF01, MF015)
Kyosho F1 bodies only
No lexan bodies
Any electronics
Aftermarket wings and front bumpers allowed
PN 70turn bag stock, Atomic 60turn bag stock or factory box stock, no mods, break-ins and comm drops only
Rubber tire only (no high content silicone)
(4) NiMH AAA cells only

*No traction compounds allowed in any classes! You may use water, rubbing alcohol or WD40 to clean tires between races.*

Transponders and lap counter services are included in the race fees. $10 race fee per driver on our club days. We use the GiroZ system for our club races and you can purchase your own GiroZ transponder from our club for $30. We do offer loaner transponders as well but if you get serious about racing these cars, always easier to have your own.

We have been out here at Railyard for around 6 months so far but we have been racing these cars for more than a decade! There's not much we don't know about this scale! Any questions, either stop by and check us out or PM me here and I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.23, 12:32 PM
Had a very long discussion with Al about our current status and path of our little race club and we are trying to pin down some ideas. These are just ideas and open to discussion, anyone can interject anything... I want to hear ideas. I think our best option to be more inclusive is this:

LMP Class:
*removed*

Just 6 tooth and stock diffs you might ask? Well, in Al's experimentations with his Sport Series cars he has pretty much determined that with the right tires they are easily just as fast as any car we have out there. Suspensions, electronics, fancy radios... we all have them, we all love them... let's keep it simple and continue to use them. Switching over to 6 tooth and stock diffs incurs no cost whatsoever so why not at least try it?

Racer Stock:
...will be the exact same thing as it is now but I want to open it up to 102mm wheelbase as well. Easy enough, right?

F1 Stock:
No change

Racer Mod:
No change

lfisminiz
2014.07.23, 07:53 PM
Just my 2 cents worth.....:p Whatever we do, im usually on board. That being said....running a 6t pinion/stock diff will do asbsolutly nothing to get more racers. We have guys that have run with us for a long time that dont run much...tied up with other things etc..Since we are at the RailYard, a couple
new guys got cars. Have not seen them come to run much. What we run has nothing to do with it. Its like every Z club.
When we ran LM all day a couple weeks ago, all of us were within tenths of each other. as a matter of fact, when you ran my car testing, you had a faster time then I. Its all about the least mistakes.
Same with batts....i have a couple of OLD matched cells. The rest are just run of the mill. I just keep newer batts every year...and actually discharge them before race day. then charge them the night before. Heck, most of time i only peak my batts race day. Dont even charge them race day.
Like i said whatever...im on board. All Z clubs are having trouble getting more people. Its just the way it is, not what/how we run. :)

abasualdo
2014.07.24, 09:17 AM
Both Ed and Larry make good points. If our goal is to bring in new racers, maybe the best way to achieve that goal is to showcase the entry level product, the MR03S sport series cars.

I think the best way to bring in new racers is to show that we can have fun and be competitive with a more economical package.

What do you guys think, box stock MR03 Sports with handout batteries?

imxlr8ed
2014.07.24, 11:43 AM
My only issue with box stock is... it's box stock. ;)

At least tires, bearings, T-plates, bearings and alloy knuckles... right?

lfisminiz
2014.07.24, 12:58 PM
Let's get a sport...use the radio that comes with. Bearings..tplate. ..tires..springs. just decide on gt or lm.

arch2b
2014.07.24, 01:08 PM
My only issue with box stock is... it's box stock. ;)

At least tires, bearings, T-plates, bearings and alloy knuckles... right?

:p sounds like your headed the same direction we ended up. box stock is well, to box stock and a hindrance to long term growth as it will serve to frustrate and annoy entry level drivers with annoyance in purchasing replacement parts, degraded performance of bushings over shorter period of time, etc. we went with optional h plates, wheels/tires, bearings, wheel nuts, and specific corrections to stock wiring only. bearings should be included in box stock to begin with. silly to force people to buy an whole parts kit for a single plastic h plate that could be sold in bulk. wiring fixes are more practical than required but we went with it after having a particular day in which many dropped out of races with snapped motor leads. i counter this by offering replacements to anyone that wants them, free.

it's a tuff line to toe as there are always good requests that come up but open the door to a bunch of others if permitted. find a good line and hold straight :cool:

imxlr8ed
2014.07.24, 02:40 PM
Here's my main point to why I want to keep it simple with 70turn, 6 tooth and stock diff.

I want anyone with an 02, a fetted 01, any non FHS Mini-Z... basically anything and everything that has been built or devised up until now when it comes to a 2WD chassis... to be able to join in and race.

I run 02s, call me crazy but I'm not a fan of the 03s. Out of the two 03s I have owned, I had experienced all kinds of breakages and stripouts. One was sold and one is in a plastic bag downstairs waiting for a grey plastic chassis which apparently will never be sold again? I think the front of the chassis on the 03 is way weaker than it should be. That's just me and my smelly opinon.

So... "Buy a Sport model and you can race with us."? Meh... most newbies are going to want to do stuff to their cars along with all of the other replacement parts they are gonna end up buying just to stay running. Besides... I don't really want to buy a Sport model, just that simple. I'm sure if Kyosho would have done the smart thing and put the Sport on a more viable radio protocol (Like ASF, Spectrum, FHSS, or any other hobby grade radio system) I'm sure I'd be singing a different song right now. To me, the FHS choice was a huge step BACKWARDS for where these cars need to go. They had the KT18, they had the ASF deal already going for the Z line-up... were they really paying that much money out to KOPropo for each Z sold? I doubt it! I'll bet there is a monster profit margin on the 03 Sports the way they are produced now. It's business and I totally get it but jeez man... FHS?!?!

sorry, sidetracked a bit

Anyways, I say we try the 6 tooth and stock diff combo on the 3rd and see where we end up from there.

arch2b
2014.07.24, 02:57 PM
looking around... i will never buy a sports series kit myself, just because of the TX alone. that being said, Hobby Works sells through all of them every time they restock. VE are much harder to sell than sports series and still have 2 ASF kits sitting on the shelf. i will not advocate for the sports series but given we have no alternative from kyosho, not much else we can do at Hobby Works.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.24, 05:36 PM
looking around... i will never buy a sports series kit myself, just because of the TX alone. that being said, Hobby Works sells through all of them every time they restock. VE are much harder to sell than sports series and still have 2 ASF kits sitting on the shelf. i will not advocate for the sports series but given we have no alternative from kyosho, not much else we can do at Hobby Works.

Same boat here. As an unpaid Kyosho sales representative myself, it's tough to show RC guys the Sports because the usual question out of their mouth is "what radios does it use?", and I have to reply with "oh, just the one that comes with it." Then I go into my speech about how PN makes a Spectrum radio and then they perk up a bit... but by the time I explain what it would take dollar-wise, they usually back down a bit.

lfisminiz
2014.07.24, 09:38 PM
I dont really care to get a sport either. But i still dont see how you think running a 6t pinion etc...will help at all. A new interested person doesnt have a Z yet to start with. Its not going to make it any cheaper. And anybody that has a Z already will have it somewhat hopped up already. :confused:

lfisminiz
2014.07.26, 09:44 PM
Tried the 6T/gear diff combo...Ive always liked "stock" racing better than mod. I will say on my smaller track, that combo with a 70t seemed extremely SLOW. On our bigger club track, might be to slow. Seems like a fine line between looking to fast for new people and possibly this slow, making it look like a toy instead of real R.C. car.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.27, 12:15 PM
It's like we discussed earlier, the cars will drive incredibly slow to us but for newbies the class will more appealing in that they can concentrate on driving basics as opposed to trying to get used to getting their minds into high
gear right away. They will run cleaner, there will be less breakage, a good setup will be easier to acheive and it should last much longer for them as well (less tire wear).

You gotta remember, we've all been racing for close to a decade now, most of our turns are made by instinct now. We tune the cars to do most of the work for us in every corner. Yes, we are driving the cars but we each have our own expectations as to how our cars to react to our input. Once you find a way to get a car to react in a proper way to your driving style your pretty advanced then. I feel the 6tooth will negate that and make it more about traffic negotiation and good track placement.

We'll test it out, if we don't like it then we'll try something else.

lfisminiz
2014.07.27, 04:32 PM
Got Ya. ;) Just dont want it slowed so much that they look like a toy instead of an real r.c. race car.

mleemor60
2014.07.27, 06:26 PM
Larry. Would you email a few pictures of the track at Railyard to me? Please? Next chance you get.

lfisminiz
2014.07.27, 07:31 PM
Larry. Would you email a few pictures of the track at Railyard to me? Please? Next chance you get.

Mike, are you on F******k?

mleemor60
2014.07.27, 08:13 PM
Absolutely not. No. Not ever.

arch2b
2014.07.27, 08:20 PM
Mike, are you on F******k?

i almost spit soda out with this one :p mike would prefer life unplugged ;)

mleemor60
2014.07.27, 08:29 PM
I would much prefer that you just said something crude about my Mom as opposed to being accused of making myself vulnerable to "social media".

arch2b
2014.07.27, 08:39 PM
:confused: translation...

lfisminiz
2014.07.27, 08:43 PM
Mike, We are running Sunday. I'll get pics to put up here. I don't have any on my phone right now.....all are up on your favorite site....:p

mleemor60
2014.07.27, 08:45 PM
Call my Mom a lady of the night and me an S.O.B. but never accuse me of being on FB. That would be an insult.

imxlr8ed
2014.07.28, 11:48 AM
Same here, no Faceb**k.

Outside of all I choose to do with my life, I am not interested in making "friends", "connections" or looking at photos of the meal someone just had to take a hi-res picture of like it was the second coming of Jesus. If a "friend" can't find me in real life, it's more than likely that they probably shouldn't be a friend to me.

but you guys all seem ok... so far ;)

imxlr8ed
2014.08.05, 06:01 PM
Hey! You guys are posting on the old thread!

Updated the classes, open up tire choice in Mod (I thought I did this a while ago).

lfisminiz
2014.08.05, 07:41 PM
Oops. Well if you can clean this up or take care of pics etc...i know i cant. :p

imxlr8ed
2014.08.13, 11:45 AM
Confirmed raceday posted here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/824406-railyard-hobbies-mini-z-race-schedule-july-december.html

You all know this has been on my mind for a while…

MZR is an excellent website, we all know how much information is on here and we all know it’s our happy little home but the lack of traffic on here is a huge problem when it comes to picking up new racers.

We get more hits and views on our RCTech thread than anywhere else, I’m pretty sure some of our racers would have never have found us if I didn’t post on there. Our current thread has close to 600 views right now and our previous thread had over 2300 views! Now I know maybe a few of them are mine and Larry’s but that’s the kind of viewing numbers you need to get noticed!

We need to get visible and let all those RCers out there know who we are and what we have been doing for the past decade!

Not saying "don't post here" but it does bum me out when I don't see anyone posting up on the RCTech thread. If you all want me to keep promoting, I need your help!

lfisminiz
2014.08.21, 07:31 PM
Guys...racing this Sunday!!!!:)

lfisminiz
2014.08.23, 11:08 PM
See you guys tomorrow. Doors open at 11:00. :)

lfisminiz
2014.08.27, 07:35 PM
Good day of mostly tune time. Hopefully we helped get some of the guys up to speed.

mleemor60
2014.08.28, 07:49 AM
Larry, what hardware are you using for a timing system? Giro or I-Lap?

arch2b
2014.08.28, 08:18 AM
Larry, what hardware are you using for a timing system? Giro or I-Lap?

Transponders and lap counter services are included in the race fees. $10 race fee per driver on our club days. We use the GiroZ system for our club races and you can purchase your own GiroZ transponder from our club for $30. We do offer loaner transponders as well but if you get serious about racing these cars, always easier to have your own.

i assume zround is used however flipside works with Giro-Z just fine as well but no race management yet?

imxlr8ed
2014.08.28, 10:39 AM
I'm half guessing here but I'm pretty sure it's Giro-Z software with the I-laps counter. Al and Larry took over the counting a little while back... we still haven't really had time to configure anything about it or really learned to use it properly.

abasualdo
2014.08.28, 10:48 AM
We use Giro-Z hardware and transponders with zround software.

lfisminiz
2014.08.28, 01:06 PM
As Al said......we could use some instruction on it.....;)

mleemor60
2014.08.28, 01:39 PM
I know how to select "start" for the countdown.

lfisminiz
2014.08.28, 07:55 PM
Ya i think we need Ray (arch) to come up for some tutering! :p

arch2b
2014.08.28, 09:19 PM
Working on a date to make the trek.

lfisminiz
2014.09.04, 07:52 PM
OK guys...next race date is the 14th this month. :)

imxlr8ed
2014.09.05, 07:46 AM
Thanks for updating Larry.

dwight
2014.09.05, 08:03 AM
So what time do you all start running.

abasualdo
2014.09.05, 09:09 AM
Dwight, we start running at 11:00am on our normal race days of Sunday. If we plan a special event, we can move the normal race day to Sat., this would allow us to start earlier, maybe even 9:00am seeing as the off-road guys are already practicing and the shop opens early for them.

We would consider moving our race day to Sat. if we have a large enough group that's traveling out of state.

abasualdo
2014.09.05, 09:12 AM
I'm in for the 14th along with my brother-in-law, Eric.

imxlr8ed
2014.09.05, 11:34 AM
below are the revised dates I have on our RCTech thread

09/14, 09/28, 10/12, 10/26

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/824406-railyard-hobbies-mini-z-race-schedule-july-december-3.html

I know one individual is planning to show on the 26th of October and the planning was kinda spinning around that date. But as always if anyone wants to attend, feel free to stop by on any of our dates.

lfisminiz
2014.09.13, 02:48 PM
Don't forget guys...racing tomorrow. Doors open at 11:00. Hope to get some different classes in...F1, mod etc..

imxlr8ed
2014.09.15, 11:35 AM
As requested, I have updated the schedule once again... (see first post)

October 5th...

will be our next Raceday!

F1 Class rules have been updated to include Atomic 60turn motors. Seems like the extra kick keeps the cars more in-line with the speeds of our racers and it's not too overboard.

Yesterday was fun, good day of tuning and had a bunch of fun running the Closed Ratio class. I feel that there is one thing I want to put into effect, I will text the involved parties later. Not a big deal but something I think we need to look at.

lfisminiz
2014.10.01, 08:58 PM
Don't forget guys...racing this Sunday.:)

Mike Keely
2014.10.04, 12:39 PM
We should schedule a 4 hour enduro at your track in Nov. What are your thoughts?

lfisminiz
2014.10.05, 12:15 AM
For now...check with the guys you run with. October 26th, guys from your area and Mike from N.C. and others are planning on comming up for normal class racing.

lfisminiz
2014.10.05, 12:18 AM
Racing today! Doors open at 11:00. See you there.

lfisminiz
2014.10.05, 09:53 PM
Good amount of racing today. A little hectic but good racing.

imxlr8ed
2014.10.06, 11:44 AM
October 26th is a no go now, shop has rentals planned for that day but we can get Saturday the 25th. I just found this out yesterday so hopefully schedules can adjust. :o

Whadya wanna do guys? Does the 25th work for most of you?

Mike Keely
2014.10.06, 08:58 PM
When you say rentals, does that mean a birthday party?

How many guys are you getting on a average race day?

tommy_greeneyes
2014.10.06, 09:22 PM
October 26th is a no go now, shop has rentals planned for that day but we can get Saturday the 25th. I just found this out yesterday so hopefully schedules can adjust. :o

Whadya wanna do guys? Does the 25th work for most of you?
hey ed I'll be coming on that date count me in

lfisminiz
2014.10.06, 11:02 PM
Guys, hang tight. Looks like the 26th will work as planned. Eds stopping by tomorrow to finalize, then will be posted.

imxlr8ed
2014.10.07, 11:41 AM
When you say rentals, does that mean a birthday party?

How many guys are you getting on a average race day?

Yes, he uses the rental track for birthday parties. I think it's only a half hour to an hour each shot. I will find out from him tonight what the exact schedule is.

We are getting around 6 lately, it's been a hectic summer with everyone bouncing all over the place so getting everyone together at the same time has been a real headache.

imxlr8ed
2014.10.07, 11:48 AM
hey ed I'll be coming on that date count me in

Ok, I gotta backpedal here a bit...

Mixed messages got the better of us. Pretty sure we have to stick with the 26th now. Sorry to jump the gun but I will confirm that date with Railyard tonight and try to pin down an exact schedule for that day.

If things don't work out for a day at Railyard, the wife said you are all welcome at the home track! :D

Once again... October the 26th.

I repeat... October the 26th.

Confirming again... October the 26th.

Hell or high water... October the 26th.

(the above repetition is directed towards me and my club)

Hope you can still make it Tommy!

lfisminiz
2014.10.07, 12:55 PM
OCTOBER 26TH right? :D

tommy_greeneyes
2014.10.07, 08:07 PM
Ok, I gotta backpedal here a bit...

Mixed messages got the better of us. Pretty sure we have to stick with the 26th now. Sorry to jump the gun but I will confirm that date with Railyard tonight and try to pin down an exact schedule for that day.

If things don't work out for a day at Railyard, the wife said you are all welcome at the home track! :D

Once again... October the 26th.

I repeat... October the 26th.

Confirming again... October the 26th.

Hell or high water... October the 26th.

(the above repetition is directed towards me and my club)

Hope you can still make it Tommy!
i will come anyways on the Oct 26,see you guys there,what are your class line up for that weekend

imxlr8ed
2014.10.07, 11:41 PM
CONFIRMED...
For the 26th...

Was at Railyard tonight repairing the rentals and talked it over with Paul. He says that the party will be on for mo more than an hour but we can start at 10am as opposed to 11am.

Check the first post in the thread for our classes, bag stock PN 70 turns for Closed and Open Ratio classes and the new Atomic 60 turn for F1... Mod is almost anything goes. Any questions just post up.

mleemor60
2014.10.08, 05:53 AM
Glad everything is worked out. Will see everybody as planned.

lfisminiz
2014.10.08, 05:55 AM
You bet! :)

lfisminiz
2014.10.08, 07:30 PM
Some other info...doors open at 10:00. there will be a lunch break while track is rented out for a party...45 minutes or so.
Wont have time for all classes but i would think 70T open ratio and mod for sure.
Im sure Ed and us will be adding info as we go. :)

mleemor60
2014.10.08, 08:26 PM
I'm packing the arsenal so it doesn't matter to me. Just looking to visit old friends and have a giggle or twelve .

lfisminiz
2014.10.08, 10:37 PM
I'm packing the arsenal so it doesn't matter to me. Just looking to visit old friends and have a giggle or twelve .

Same here. The lunch break will be catch up time...:)

lfisminiz
2014.10.20, 07:57 PM
Dont forget guys...racing this Sunday. Guys from out of town will be stoping by to race with us. This would be one of the best days to try and get here to race with them.;)
Remember, stock 70T classes are stock motors and brushes.
If you have power cords, bring them with. If you want to bring table/chairs, go ahead. Ed will have more info on that. He is checking that out this week. If you know your coming, give us a heads up for planning.:)

mleemor60
2014.10.20, 09:18 PM
For sure. Bringing most everything but not a table and chair.

lfisminiz
2014.10.20, 10:17 PM
For sure. Bringing most everything but not a table and chair.

No problem. We sould be ok.

imxlr8ed
2014.10.21, 01:28 PM
Foam tires removed from Mod Class.

For those who are gonna show, PN 6s or 5s for the rear seem to be the best start out for setup. We are currently running a mix of grey and black RCP so the traction is a bit of mix and match but we've been dealing with it just fine for the past few months... you may not even notice it.

Mike Keely
2014.10.21, 07:04 PM
I plan to be there!!!! I think that Saint, Dwight, Joey, Melvin, Kris, and Ray are planning on coming also.

Mike Keely
2014.10.21, 07:07 PM
How stocked is the shop for tires?

lfisminiz
2014.10.21, 07:10 PM
I plan to be there!!!! I think that Saint, Dwight, Joey, Melvin, Kris, and Ray are planning on coming also.

Sounds great!

lfisminiz
2014.10.21, 07:13 PM
How stocked is the shop for tires?

Mike, ill find out. I gave Paul (Railyard) a list of tires to order.

lfisminiz
2014.10.22, 07:28 PM
Quick update, Paul (RailYard) said parts and tires are re-stocked except out of stock items.
Also he said there should be enough tables and chairs.

lfisminiz
2014.10.24, 07:37 PM
Ok guys, racing Sunday. Looks to be a big turn out with racers coming from out of town. Looking forward to it.:)

mleemor60
2014.10.24, 07:46 PM
EMU in the house. Can't wait.

dwight
2014.10.24, 10:26 PM
What time does the track open

lfisminiz
2014.10.25, 01:28 AM
Doors open at 10:00.

lfisminiz
2014.10.25, 01:30 AM
EMU in the house. Can't wait.

Ya, Tommy and I were talking...he said Eugene is coming with him. :)

mleemor60
2014.10.25, 06:32 AM
At Hobby Works today and then on to you guys tomorrow.

Tell Ed that Tallgeese says hello.

lfisminiz
2014.10.25, 10:24 PM
Looking forward to it Mike.
Doors open around 10:00. Bring extension cords. See you there.

EMU
2014.10.25, 10:36 PM
I'm bringing 1 f1 car, I've never driven it, so if we have enough formula racers, it would be great to run that class :) looking forward to burning some rubber on the rcp!

lfisminiz
2014.10.25, 11:36 PM
You bet Eugene! I'm pretty sure there will be many F1.:)

lfisminiz
2014.10.27, 02:00 AM
A big THANKS to everyone of you guys that made the trip up to our track! We had 19 racers, 4 classes, and lots of freindly but very competitive racing.
Thanks to Mike K. and Ray for helping Al out on the lap counter. Hope all had fun and look forward to more. :)

imxlr8ed
2014.10.27, 03:19 AM
Same here, schedule was tight but Al kept it rolling well, I'm sure he's sleeping well tonight! I did ok for having a time machine in my pit box but I think I'm motivated to finally upgrade some gear and stick with it this time around ( time to put my only 03 back together again).

Excellent to see all of yall again, it still amazed me how many dedicated original racers there are still! Over 10 years in this for some... it's more like a family reunion than a race. I was really impressed by the level of skill and best of all, some have really matured in skill level.

No real bashfests, no real outright speed contest, just good close racing in all classes with tight finishes. Even in a nearly fully open Mod class, with all of the different possible combinations out there, it was still really tight!

Many were already trying to set the date for the next one and we will do our best to get a date soon and also try to figure some prizes as well next time around (frozen turkeys maybe? ;) ) This was a long time coming and for once in years, the stars somehow aligned and we all got together... this was probably the largest race, mini-z event in the states for a long while and it was long overdue!

Lets all try to stay connected, lets all try to keep this going! We here at Railyard are just lucky to be at a good geographical midpoint for many and we'll be more than happy to support more races like this one. So just let us know when and we'll keep the lights on and the track swept and ready to go!

mleemor60
2014.10.27, 06:23 AM
I will do one of my usual dissertations after I get back home. For now it will suffice to say that there is gold in these mini hills of eastern PA. and a lot of us will plan to mine for it again in the future. Soon! Quite possibly carry along something bigger to try out that beautiful on road facility. As far as the other end of the building, I hope there is a sufficient footing and foundation for all that mud.

Great time guys.

abasualdo
2014.10.27, 10:47 AM
Race Result for 10_26_2014

abasualdo
2014.10.27, 10:49 AM
Race Results for 10_26_2014

abasualdo
2014.10.27, 10:51 AM
C main 70t

imxlr8ed
2014.10.27, 11:16 AM
As far as the other end of the building, I hope there is a sufficient footing and foundation for all that mud.

Great time guys.

They tamp it all the time too... must be thick rebar under there or it's gonna end up looking like that Corvette museum did a little while back. The most lovingly sculpted clay track ever, so smooth we may run the Zs on it soon.

EMU
2014.10.27, 03:29 PM
Having not raced rcp in a few years, it was great to hit the track and turn laps with people that I have raced with for years, and new faces.

I hope that I didn't hit other cars too much... I had much less control over where my car was going than I would have liked. Every qualifier and main run, my knees would rattle and my fingers tremble. I haven't had that feeling in a long time!

Congratulations to Al, for not only running a good show, but leading the pack in every class he ran. Larry showed us that his bodies don't just look good, they can fly. He earned two solid victories, and took them in stride as he helped others get ready for their events. A true class act.

It was great to finally meet byebye. My car couldn't resist saying hello during the first stock qualifying run :p

What I learned first and foremost, when you haven't raced in a long time, but new batteries! After cycling my cells before coming to the race, I still want able to get past the 3min Mark in the qualifiers. Had no issues with batteries in mod, rubbing Lipo, other than having too much power with the ATM 48t, and not enough drag brake to slow me down in the corners. If I stomped on the throttle coming down the straight, I could hear the wheels spinning and feel the los of traction. I struggled in that class trying to get the setup to work. Kind of got some things worked out for the main, but the only thing it was good for was seeing a fast lap, I found no consistency.

F1 was a blast to run. First time that I've run this car that I bought from Matt 3 or 4 years ago. With a few tweaks I found enough traction to turn somewhat consistent laps, but still had nothing for Larry and Al. Still don't know if I had a 60t or 70t in it... But power want as much of an issue as grip for me.

Thanks again for hosting a great event. A huge thanks to Tommy for driving me down, and helping me in the pits the whole day.

tommy_greeneyes
2014.10.27, 07:26 PM
I really like to thank Ed,Larry and Al for hosting a great race.even though it was a local race.It felt like regional PN race.felt good racing on RCP again.I was happy to talk to old friends and make new friends.honestly I think this was awesome because ,to have people from North Carolina,Virginia,DC,Pennsylvania,(New Jersey ME ) (New York eugene).19 drivers showed up.:D I am just happy that we're keeping mini Z's a strong hobby and having fun.I will be definitely coming back I hope you guys throw a big race soon

lfisminiz
2014.10.27, 07:28 PM
Same here, schedule was tight but Al kept it rolling well, I'm sure he's sleeping well tonight! I did ok for having a time machine in my pit box but I think I'm motivated to finally upgrade some gear and stick with it this time around ( time to put my only 03 back together again).

Excellent to see all of yall again, it still amazed me how many dedicated original racers there are still! Over 10 years in this for some... it's more like a family reunion than a race. I was really impressed by the level of skill and best of all, some have really matured in skill level.

No real bashfests, no real outright speed contest, just good close racing in all classes with tight finishes. Even in a nearly fully open Mod class, with all of the different possible combinations out there, it was still really tight!

Many were already trying to set the date for the next one and we will do our best to get a date soon and also try to figure some prizes as well next time around (frozen turkeys maybe? ;) ) This was a long time coming and for once in years, the stars somehow aligned and we all got together... this was probably the largest race, mini-z event in the states for a long while and it was long overdue!

Lets all try to stay connected, lets all try to keep this going! We here at Railyard are just lucky to be at a good geographical midpoint for many and we'll be more than happy to support more races like this one. So just let us know when and we'll keep the lights on and the track swept and ready to go!

Same here Ed, you said it well!

lfisminiz
2014.10.27, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Eugene, Mike, Tommy, for the kind words! Glad ALL i had a great time. Havent had this much fun with the Z in years. This is what its all about....racing with freinds....hard...;):D
Al, thanks for results and running the show very well.....not sure how to look at results....normal, sideways, upside down....:p

abasualdo
2014.10.28, 09:46 AM
Don't know where to start!

19 racers, 4 classes, 20 total qualifiers and 8 mains.!!!!

Big thanks to Ray for training me on Zround and Mike K. for helping me man the computer and keeping things rolling.

Also a big thanks to Mike M. for helping out during the day, your experience was much appreciated.

Thank you to my fellow club members Larry and Ed, you guys were there to help when I needed it the most, must have seen the stress on my face. lol

So may highlights throughout the day, too many to list, will leave that to the more capable wordsmiths.

But the biggest thanks goes to all of you, all the racers that made this event happen, without all of you, it would not have been possible.

Mini-Zs are alive and strong, lets keep the momentum going, the Mini-z hobby is as strong as me make it!

Thank You!
Al Basualdo

mleemor60
2014.10.28, 11:26 AM
OK. Back home and semi rested up. I can say that a solid eight hour drive isn't and won't be enough to keep me from coming back to what can only be described as the National Cathedral of R/C. To be able to see clearly from end to end at least a 4X scope was necessary. Clean, orderly with a friendly staff and some decent bargains to be had for whatever your personal addictions are.

The day. What can I say. Racing aside, which by the way was spirited in all groups and classes, it is so much fun to just be with old friends to catch up and create new relationships which will be old friends soon enough. I appreciate everybody's patience and tolerance of the ramblings of an old man. I used to be pretty good at this but now the best I can hope for is to be able to bend over and pick the car up after the race. It's all I can do anymore to just drive a nail in the dirt let alone concentrate for eight minutes or more so if I crashed anybody I apologize cause I don't remember.

What took place at Railyard on Sunday shows what can happen when two or three not too distant groups come together for some giggles. Think what you could do if you planned a serious event within the collective of the three groups. No outside manufacturer's event but a gathering of the clans under a rules umbrella like you are all already using. It would be priceless. With the facility you have and a motivated shop owner the sky is the limit. I can envision a "Speedweek" event utilizing all three in shop venues so there would be racing for everybody. You would just have to make the "mud puppies" leave their shoes at the door.

I digress as usual but it is food for thought. With a young spark plug like Al you can go far so keep him fired up and feed him regularly so he doesn't wither, give him support and guidance and let him carry the ball. We just might wind up with an East Coast "mecca" that is just right for a pilgrimage.

Nuff said!! See everybody at the track.

lfisminiz
2014.10.28, 01:03 PM
Mike, glad your trip went well and home safe. Your insight is always welcome.:)

imxlr8ed
2014.10.28, 01:26 PM
So... when is our next raceday guys? I heard November 16th tossed around a bit?... so 16th, 23rd, 30th?... get your preferences up here so we can pin it down early.

I'm more for the 23rd myself, I'm busy the 16th.

Huge thanks for the deal on the radio Mike! I should have bought one of these years ago!

abasualdo
2014.10.28, 03:23 PM
Thinking out loud here. What about the 15th of Nov.(Sat.) Some of our friends from MD got left out on the 26. Maybe they can make it on the 15th seeing how it falls on a Saturday.

imxlr8ed
2014.10.28, 06:35 PM
15th may work for me, pretty sure I can't do the 16th.

abasualdo
2014.10.29, 08:56 AM
Talked to Gary, not sure about the 15th, will know for sure by this weekend.

imxlr8ed
2014.10.29, 11:54 AM
15th and 16th are out for me, busier than I thought.

Don't schedule around me though if others can attend.

imxlr8ed
2014.11.01, 11:45 AM
So... 23rd should be good for me, Gordon says it should work for him too. Fast Lap Larry?... Quinn?... anyone else?

lfisminiz
2014.11.01, 02:57 PM
Good for me. :)

abasualdo
2014.11.03, 10:37 AM
23rd works for me.

briankstan
2014.11.03, 11:36 AM
wish I could come race with you guys, 31 hour drive is a bit much :eek: Maybe one day.

lfisminiz
2014.11.03, 12:57 PM
Just fly out......;)

briankstan
2014.11.03, 01:16 PM
Just fly out......;)

yes that would have to be the plan. Im saving up my skymiles. :cool:

imxlr8ed
2014.11.03, 02:40 PM
If I had the cash I was gonna fly out to that IceBreaker race and try to give you a run for some of those trophies, unfortunately I have no such fortune to spend on a trip as such. Would be excellent to have you, but you would definitely have to give us all a heads up because I'm pretty sure the rest of the East Coast crew would want to run with you as well.

lfisminiz
2014.11.06, 07:09 PM
So is the 23rd officially next race date? Ill post on other forums if it is...;)

imxlr8ed
2014.11.06, 11:54 PM
Sure, why not! ;)

If most of us are good for that Sunday, I'm good with it.

Also tuning up this Sunday as well, Al, Gordon, Quinn and myself so far... maybe others? I'm gonna try my best not to make it a full day but we all know how that goes.

imxlr8ed
2014.11.10, 01:38 PM
Good tune day yesterday, thanks to all who turned out! Seems like we're starting to get a little larger for some reason. Welcome to Henry! (who I really just want to call Hank for some reason) Hope we got your Audi rolling right for you! :D

And Al, who is on a Mini-Z tour lately... thanks for setting up yesterday, timer worked out well.

lfisminiz
2014.11.10, 07:19 PM
A REMINDER.....next race date is the 23RD....hope to see a good turnout. :)

dwight
2014.11.10, 07:24 PM
I'm coming up to run with. What we running

lfisminiz
2014.11.10, 09:38 PM
Probably the classes we ran when you were up last...
7t
70t stock
Mod
F1
Always open for other classes.;)

dwight
2014.11.11, 11:27 AM
Ok I'm down for that.

abasualdo
2014.11.11, 01:26 PM
Would love to run 90mm on the 23rd, if you guys are game?
What about 50t F1? :eek:

imxlr8ed
2014.11.11, 02:47 PM
90mm, what motor? Closed or Open?

I'll pass on the 50turn F1, we tried that a long time ago... total bashfest.

imxlr8ed
2014.11.11, 04:38 PM
any body 90mm body, open motor

As far a 50t F1, bashfest maybe, not if you know how to drive, that's why there is an "A" and "B" main.

We all know how to drive... but jeez, we just got the 60turns in them! Let's try to avoid changing the rules for more than a month or two.

Open motor for 90mm... I don't see an issue with that. Any offset? I wonder where my Porsche got to... ?

abasualdo
2014.11.11, 05:01 PM
Fair enough, just trying to keep us motivated. :)

90mm,
-open motor,
-rubber tires
-any offset
-any autoscale 86-90mm - no lexan bodies, body must have most of it parts including some form of windows

lfisminiz
2014.11.11, 07:33 PM
90mm, what motor? Closed or Open?

I'll pass on the 50turn F1, we tried that a long time ago... total bashfest.

Ohh...here we go again.:p Im down for whatever motor in F1. That being said, more power in an F1 tends to be a handfull to drive. But i will say again, in mod class the other month at the big GTG...there was NO bashing. You run the motor that feels good to you to handle for better results.:)

imxlr8ed
2014.11.12, 12:17 PM
Ohh...here we go again.:p Im down for whatever motor in F1. That being said, more power in an F1 tends to be a handfull to drive. But i will say again, in mod class the other month at the big GTG...there was NO bashing. You run the motor that feels good to you to handle for better results.:)

It's real simple... all you guys have to do is prove me wrong! :p

Do you remember how long the 50turn F1 Class we had in the basement lasted? Do you remember how three guys broke their cars in the first few heats (myself included).

I've been at this for a little while, I know what works and what is a PITA.

Anywho... Word is Henry already bought a Helios, unfortunately for him his car is a Sport model. Anyone have an 03 ASF board for him to buy? He may want to buy a module as well. Henry lives very close to you Larry!... pretty sure Gordon said he is actually up in Lenhartsville or at least on the road up from K-town. Looks like we may have found you a tune buddy! :D

So when are we racing at your track Larry? Maybe a weeknight race?

lfisminiz
2014.11.12, 01:00 PM

Do you remember how long the 50turn F1 Class we had in the basement lasted? Do you remember how three guys broke their cars in the first few heats (myself included).

Anywho... Word is Henry already bought a Helios, unfortunately for him his car is a Sport model. Anyone have an 03 ASF board for him to buy? He may want to buy a module as well. Henry lives very close to you Larry!... pretty sure Gordon said he is actually up in Lenhartsville or at least on the road up from K-town. Looks like we may have found you a tune buddy! :D

Racing on my little track.....lol. Its an actual being used basement. Barely enough room for 2....lol!
When I see Henry, I'll have to ask him where he lives.

lfisminiz
2014.11.12, 01:03 PM
Like I said before for F1...don't matter to me. To much speed isn't really a friend to the F1. As far as breakage...I see it happen with any motor for some people.

lfisminiz
2014.11.12, 07:25 PM

Gordon texted me on the board. I replyed. Dont have where he lives info yet. We will get it together.

imxlr8ed
2014.11.13, 01:05 AM
Happy Birthday Ray!

imxlr8ed
2014.11.13, 12:16 PM
Happy Birthday Ray!

abasualdo
2014.11.13, 02:05 PM
Mea Culpa - lets all hug and make up please. :)

arch2b
2014.11.13, 04:01 PM
sorry, not pulled, just hidden for the sake of promoting a more congenial interaction :p click of a button and they are back. waving hands... you didn't see anything...:o

imxlr8ed
2014.11.13, 04:39 PM
Happy Birthday Ray!

imxlr8ed
2014.11.17, 11:32 AM
Countdown to Sunday... :D

abasualdo
2014.11.19, 03:03 PM
I'm in for the 23rd, along with Eric.

Who else is in?

Dwight, you coming up?
What about Saint?

lfisminiz
2014.11.19, 07:27 PM
Im in, ill check with Chad.

lfisminiz
2014.11.21, 09:41 PM
Racing on Sunday. Doors open at 11:00. See you there! :)

lfisminiz
2014.11.22, 10:17 PM
See you guys tomorrow...:)

lfisminiz
2014.11.23, 08:51 PM
Thanks guys! Was a good turnout and lots of racing. Special thanks to Devon from N.J./Majs to race with us. :)

imxlr8ed
2014.11.23, 11:55 PM
Thanks to all, good day as always. A little heated at one point but you guys have to understand that these things happen. As the racing gets closer and tighter you see this kind of stuff... I can honestly tell you all that it all points to better racing in time. When we had our highest membership and closest racing years ago... we were all getting a little heated at some point in our time on the track. But something really interesting happened... you started paying attention to the other guys driving habits and you waited to cash in on his mistakes as opposed to challenging the guy the second you got up to him.

That is racing, in every form out there... not just racing your cars but racing the other driving styles out there on the track.

I have no idea what exactly went down but I will say that it will make us all better drivers in time so don't sweat it at all.

DMALMAD
2014.11.24, 04:49 PM
Had a lot of fun racing with you guys... that 7 tooth class is really good, had a great battle with Larry for most of the race.

lfisminiz
2014.11.24, 07:16 PM
Had a lot of fun racing with you guys... that 7 tooth class is really good, had a great battle with Larry for most of the race.

Epic battle....;):)

imxlr8ed
2014.11.30, 05:13 PM
14th of December is our next race day, usual times.

Not sure for the next date, if it's gonna be this month or next year. We'll figure it out next race.

Old Crow
2014.12.09, 07:55 PM
Considering coming out for this. How does turn out look?

lfisminiz
2014.12.09, 10:39 PM
Considering coming out for this. How does turn out look?

Come on out...been awhile! It varies.....usually 6-8.

imxlr8ed
2014.12.10, 09:59 AM
You'll be amazed at the size of this place... definitely worth a visit.

lfisminiz
2014.12.11, 07:21 PM
Dont forget guys...racing this Sunday! Lets have a good turnout before the holidays!!!!! :):):)

lfisminiz
2014.12.13, 09:56 PM
See you guys tomorrow...doors open at 11:00. :)

lfisminiz
2014.12.15, 01:00 PM
Better turnout than expected with the holidays coming. Thanks to Tommy from Majs for stopping by.:) Lots of good racing.....and....;)

tommy_greeneyes
2014.12.15, 02:42 PM
Better turnout than expected with the holidays coming. Thanks to Tommy from Majs for stopping by.:) Lots of good racing.....and....;)

Thanks Larry.had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone for a good time

imxlr8ed
2014.12.15, 10:35 PM
Always good to race with you Tommy, I'll spring for the wheelnuts next time. ;)

lfisminiz
2014.12.29, 06:56 PM
Early heads up guys...if any of you have off this Friday, a couple of us will be there for a test/tune day.
Also Ed will post January race day soon.

imxlr8ed
2014.12.30, 10:16 AM
I'll try to make it down Friday... may still be recovering from NYE though.

lfisminiz
2014.12.30, 12:58 PM
Whatever works buddy. Just heading over because I have off and a free part of the day.;)