PDA

View Full Version : Pan car series?

TheRinger
2014.09.14, 02:57 PM
I've been thinking about this lately and want to see if anyone would like to do a pan car race. I was wanting to use the PN plastic pan car body that came with wheels and everything but I gathered that they only make lexan ones now. I assume atomic still makes one that comes with wheels and all. Basically a race that will put everyone on a level playing field. Suggestions? Thoughts? Opinions?

dwight
2014.09.15, 12:22 AM
That sounds like a great idea. What about with the 50t motor

byebye
2014.09.15, 05:26 AM
I like the idea. Dwight you love that 50turn! Honestly it's a great all around motor.

I know Dwight has a couple kits and PN has them in stock. I'm assuming there is no wheelbase restriction? The description says 94mm-102mm.

Is pancar strictly lexan bodies?

arch2b
2014.09.15, 01:22 PM
i'll be a happy spectator :cool: i've no interest in lexan classes personally but more than happy to see classes added that are desired, represented and enjoyed :D it would actually give me time to work on cars as well on a race day which is always welcome.

i've really wanted to get a 50T class going but you really need the longer track so this would fit well with the space expansion.

perhaps we can plan out some classes to test this fall and get into a calendar rotation starting january 2015? i'd like to continue testing brushless, 50T, more interest expressed for buggy, and whatever else garners decent participation. meaning it would require consistent min. of 3 to keep going, which isn't hard to do for any class except F1 maybe.

is anyone opposed to running a class after HFAY? it would eat up about an hour on average putting the end at closer to 5-6pm instead of 4-5pm.

most of us have a box of cars and i would love to seem them get track time, even if for an hour once a month. :p

dwight
2014.09.15, 08:16 PM
I would love to race F1 I have three of them race ready. And I would also stay for a race after we finish.

byebye
2014.09.15, 08:48 PM
I'd stick around for more racing after HFAY.

Mike Keely
2014.09.17, 05:53 PM
I always took pan car as just lexan bodies. That sounds like a fun class using a 50T motor.