PDA

View Full Version : Hopping/sliding tires

Psyko
2002.08.15, 02:59 PM
Could anybody tell me what kind if tires slide when losing grip rather than hopping (foam vs. rubber)? I know a lot of it has to do with the suspension setup, but I am trying to narrow it down to the tires for now.

Also are there different grades of softness with the foam tires like with the rubber ones?

Karl.no
2002.08.15, 04:33 PM
"I know a lot of it has to do with the suspension setup, but I am trying to narrow it down to the tires for now."

??????????

How can you narrow it down to the tyres when it's caused by a poorly suspension setup?

Beats me...

herman
2002.08.15, 11:25 PM
psyko

kyosho produces tires in diffent degrees of hardness... 30, 40, 50 & 60 with 30 being the softest compound (other manufacturers make tires up to 10)... the stock tires are usually 50 and wear out easy... this will cause your car to slide around alot... the most often overlooked and easiest thing to change are the tires... changing the rear to softer compound will help alot, and minimize spinning out...

moving on to foams would depend on the type of surface you run on... and what kind of driving style fits you most... some like them, some don't... good luck