PDA

View Full Version : Shapeways Spotlight, Mini-Z Subchassis V6 - Audi R8

arch2b
2014.09.24, 07:52 AM
Yet another astonishing, custom crafted mini-z product that can be found on Shapeways! very interesting to say the least and worthy of sharing with everyone, even if to provoke conversation. if you haven't already, i highly recommend searching shapeways from time to time just to see the stuff people care developing. there is some cool stuff going on out there. who knows, maybe each of us can print on demand manufacturer parts in the future making discontinuation of parts a thing of the past.

today's spotlight

Mini-z Subchassis V6 - Audi R8
From JesseT

About this Product

A motor mount, rear suspension, servo bottom plate and Audi R8 body adapter in one piece designed for the MR03VE Mini-z. It is designed to use a PN-racing brushless motor, and a tri-damper rear suspension. The design incorporates the provision for side dampers from either Atomic (shorter) or PN (longer). The only configuration is middle motor with 97mm-99mm wheelbase. The wheelbase and motor position have eccentric adjustment that provide easy gear mesh adjustment with a very securely locked motor. Excellent for 126dp gearset and high power motors. No guarantees are given for parts fitment, and some parts might need fine trimming. However, the design has worked flawlessly in testing. Enjoy

Image courtesy of Shapeways digital preview.

abasualdo
2014.09.24, 09:48 AM
Looks nice.
Does it use a regular T-plate?
What are some of the advantages over a stock VE chassis

arch2b
2014.09.24, 12:04 PM
I have no idea. just came across this in a search and though the concept was cool and wanted to share with with everyone else.

abasualdo
2014.09.24, 01:09 PM
Contacted designer, will report back.

quazster
2014.09.25, 06:27 AM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34351&stc=1&d=1411644241

At the left bit older version that can take any motor but needs PN reconfigurable pod and some custom parts. At the right I believe is V6 chassis.

I think JesseT (whos designs these are) will make a small writeup here and give you a better idea about these. But I can just say that tri-damper equipped JRP link-subchassis and JRP a-arm setups have dominated our fastest lap boards and races for a while now.

arch2b
2014.09.25, 06:50 AM
it would be a pleasure to have JesseT provide some insight on the product, design etc. :cool:

i would like to know what parts are needed to accompany the underchassis (rear suspension). it's relatively inexpensive so worth a try.

lfisminiz
2014.09.25, 11:56 AM
Thanks, looking forward to the info on this.

JesseT
2014.09.25, 03:58 PM
Ok, how to make this story short...

I got into Mini-z around 2 year ago after having a 10 year break from any form of RC racing. When I was younger, I raced 1/10 2wd/4wd off-road, 1/12 on road, and 1/10 touring cars in the time frame from 1985 to 2004 and had gathered some kind of understanding of what could work and what not.

Driving Mini-z cars always made me question the designs available and I was making a lot of one of CNC parts for myself where parts were moved 1mm here and there for better handling. However this was a slow process and only made the car more expensive. One must admit that the Mini-z is rather expensive to begin with, not to think what happens to the price when you exchange everything to aluminum for whatever reason...

The cars were very good already, but with custom everything, very hard to build another one for practice or for a friend. Already quite soon, I realized that the tri-damper was the way to go for suspension. However, I never liked the T-plates, as they seemd to flex at all the wrong places, and didn't have a tweak setting anywhere. For some time I was quite happy with the QteQ 4-ball T-plate that had complete freedom of movement and left the springwork for the springs. Finally the tri-damper didn't need to fight the forces of a T-plate. The downside was that it was quite flexible and prone to develop rear-end steering and slack after a while. Something not very suitable when better and better tire setups very developed at the same time.

By that time, I had already started to use the MR02 A-arm on the MR03, because it was a nice one piece package. It only needed some machining to make it fit the MR03. I had a few front suspension and I loved the fact, that I could change the entire front to a different setup in seconds, by undoing and doing the two screws. Also changing ride height was simpler by shimming, and the geometry was uneffected by this. Nice. May the A-arm be expensive, but I liked the package. To remove the machining work needed and to slightly change the geometry I decided to make my own front suspension main piece for the A-arm setup by 3D printing. When I first assembled the new plastic A-arm front end, I noticed how nice the material was. All the pins went tightly in, no need for E-clips, no need for nuts, securing screws and it was lighter. Also amazingly stiff and it always returned back to shape. No permanent bending and wear, like on the aluminum parts! I was hooked.

So, next started the quest of getting rid of the T-plate for better rear suspension. All 1/12 cars had gone for side links long ago, so it intrigued me. I needed a sidelink Mini-z. So, I made a design of a motor pod, that had extensions connecting to the front bottom plate. In stead of the T-plate, I wanted only one ball to prevent vertical and lateral movement. The links would prevent rear steering. Everyhing else was upto the tri-dampers. The rest of the motor pod consisted of PN reconfigurable pod parts. At track, the car was much more stable and could use more aggressive tires than before.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34356&d=1411674656

When I moved to brushless, I started to think that none of the commercially available motor pods were really designed for this power combined with the delicate 126dp gearset. Any bending or moving of the pod parts would rapidly kill the gears. So I went for a completely new rear pod design. The idea was to support the round 17mm brushless motors only and make the motor adjustment and rear axle height adjustment with eccentric cams. This worked. Never earlier had I a car before which was so quiet, and precise to set the gear mesh. Also, after two races and a lot of practicing, I noticed that the original 22teeth pinion I had installed, was still like new. Additionally it was by far the lowest center of gravity car around. I could again increase the front grip levels and still keep the car on four wheels. It was fast. Insanily so at times running 7.2s laps at the PNWC 2014 regional layout. Close friends have wanted similar cars, and it has been a pleasure to see them find more speed with my recipy. I don't mind getting beaten with my own design, much at least, sometimes...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34353&d=1411674480
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34354&d=1411674495
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34355&d=1411674513

A lot of iterations on all the parts have taken place to slowly get everything into position and correct tolerances. Still, 3d printing cannot match molded parts in accuracy. When assembling, care should be taken with every single fitted part so they fit perfectly. A little trimming, and grinding might be required at times.

Funnily, this thread was posted to the aftermarket chassis subsection, as the only thing I didn't change was the original Kyosho chassis. Perhaps, because I named the rear pod with side links as a "sub-chassis". It doesn't change the fact that it is more or less a motor pod design.

abasualdo
2014.09.26, 11:59 AM
Jesse,

Looks great!
Thanks for posting pics and writeup.

A few more questions?

1)What does the rear motor pod pivot on at the center?
Modified stock mr03 kingpin?
Can you post a pic with the pivot ball plate removed(t-plate holder)

2) What additional parts are needed with the older brushed motor setup?
3) Do the stock Kyosho brushless motors fit your VE sub-chassis?

On a different note, but related to your slot car tire rims for mini-z
http://www.shapeways.com/model/2680265/mini-z-sipt29-wheelset.html?materialId=6
Do these only fit Slot-it tires? Will NSR Supergrips for example also work on these rims?

cowboysir
2014.09.29, 09:17 AM
I'm curious enough to add some questions to the list:

1. In photos, it appears there's a pin acting as a gimbal pivot and yet the small parts show the mount without a gimbal pin. Can you explain what exactly is used to finish this gimbal pivot?

2. I'd like to know if any users have had success with a combination tri shock/damper plates instead of just your tri shock setup?

3. I'd like to know if any of your testers have had success using different front arm setups? I've never been able to find a good balance with the A Arm so I'm curious to find what kind of material removal I'd need to perform with a lower connected pivot bar...

Thanks for your time...looking forward to your responses!

JesseT
2014.09.29, 03:14 PM
1)
I've always used a long 10x2 set screw as the pivot pin with the threads grounded away at the end. Have a look at the attached picture. The amount of movement is just a few degrees up and down, so there's no need for a proper sphere really.
2)
You would need the bearing carriers and motor carrier from the PN reconfigurable mount or bought as spares. Also carbon fiber pieces to properly align and hold down the motor carrier.
3)
I would be a hassle. PN is the best brushless motor out there and also pretty much a standard, so the car is built and optimised around it with no compromises.
4)
NSR supergrips are very small and do require a smaller size rim too. I will make a version available.

1. see 1)
2. I think nobody has tried such a combination. And I hope they will not...
3. To use a lower front bar would need the bottom plate to be cut just after the bar. The lower bar will also require the ride height to be raised back to the standard level making the car handle a little worse. I will see later, if I can make a version with the original lower king pin ball mounting positions. It would be interesting from an affordability point of view.

lfisminiz
2014.09.29, 06:14 PM
Jessi,
Does the front bumper help with the Honda body on the rails?

color01
2014.09.30, 12:35 PM
Wow! I really like the design. Had been considering a similar concept but this was before Shapeways really hit its stride, so no good materials to use. How is the pod deflection left/right under load? The screw-as-pivot idea works fine as both Cowboy and I know but what about during droop? I also thought that 3D printed side blades would compress in strange ways when they're that long. They definitely did in the MRCG, and that was fiberglass. Curious to see yours flexed.

JesseT
2014.10.01, 12:40 AM
The rear is very free to move before installing the springs and really doesn't resist against the springs. Much, much less than any lightest T-plate would do. Also it has absolutely no rear steering (deflection), which the light T-plates have plenty of. And as with any disc damperless car, the absorbing has no dead zone or slack.
Light weight and the low center of gravity of the whole car is another thing. The car pictured above I just build for a friend, and it weighed 158g in full running condition before additional weights. Being able to add ~20g to ground level really makes a difference.
All of this makes a car which is not straight alot faster, but much more stabile. This brings consistency. With the added stability, more aggressive tire choice can be used that would upset or traction roll other cars. And there comes the added speed.

ianc
2014.10.03, 01:07 PM
Very interesting looking design Jesse, and I for one would like to give it a whirl. However, I notice that your subchassis seem all to be geared for a particular body, and unfortunately, I'm not really interested in running any of the bodies you have created subchasssis for. ;)

Is it possible to make the front section separately from the subchassis so that it could be adapted to multiple bodies, perhaps by attaching the standard Kyosho front body clip to it?

ianc

JesseT
2014.10.04, 02:16 AM
Very interesting looking design Jesse, and I for one would like to give it a whirl. However, I notice that your subchassis seem all to be geared for a particular body, and unfortunately, I'm not really interested in running any of the bodies you have created subchasssis for. ;)

Is it possible to make the front section separately from the subchassis so that it could be adapted to multiple bodies, perhaps by attaching the standard Kyosho front body clip to it?

ianc

Not very difficult. The solution is called a knife :) I could also make a version that has the provision for the "PN racing" carbon body mounting plates.

ianc
2014.10.10, 11:36 AM
Not very difficult. The solution is called a knife

OK, you got me. :) I guess it would be easy enough to just hack off the front and use your own mounting plate.

I'm still quite interested in this, and am seriously considering grabbing one or two of these, but I find myself spending a lot of time staring at it and trying to visualize what parts would actually be needed to mount a brushed motor in there, as I have not made the jump to brushless yet...

You mention bearing carriers for the PN configurable mount, but it does not look like those are offered separately, although I do see the motor carrier there: PN Configurable Mount parts (http://www kenonhobby com/search.asp?keyword=reconfigurable&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=GO).

Do you have any kind of parts list made out, or perhaps a series of assembly photos from someone who's built a brushed version that could be used as a guide in what to purchase to get one of these on the track in brushed form? I'd not like to go ordering stuff on spec only to find it doesn't fit or won't work later...

If one was considering brushed operation, would the V2 chassis make a better base for the build rather than the V6 chassis?

Also, I'd like to second the motion for an option that would allow the use of the stock MR03 kingpin front end?

Thanks for any info,

ianc

abasualdo
2014.10.10, 01:34 PM
Think this is what you are looking for. (http://www kenonhobby com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-Motor-Mount-Uprights-for-MR2996-MR2999-Blue_p_42805.html)

ianc
2014.10.10, 02:46 PM
Got it, thanks Abasualdo.

Still hoping for some further info though,

ianc

JesseT
2014.10.10, 03:50 PM
OK, you got me. :)

Also, I'd like to second the motion for an option that would allow the use of the stock MR03 kingpin front end?

ianc

I made a prototype of this and ordered one for myself. If it works , I will make it available for anyone.

cowboysir
2014.10.10, 06:29 PM
Wish i had heard about this this morning....went ahead and ordered a V6-458 for the "testing to see if i like mini 12th scale" in the early AM.:D

It's no biggy though...I'm ok with the limited hacking it'll take to make the kingpin front fit. Nothing against the a-arm front I've just never been able to find a good balance of front feel with the spring rates available.

I'm really looking forward to this sub chassis jesse. Thanks again for your designing ingenuity.;)

ianc
2014.10.10, 06:47 PM
Cowboy, will you be running this brushed or brushless?

Either way, would love to see any pics you take of the build process; the more the merrier!

ianc

cowboysir
2014.10.10, 09:01 PM
I plan on trying to fit a brushed motor. I have a round can Atomic that i think may be close in size to the PN brushless but until i get a hold of it...:D

I'd certainly like to try a brushed setup before i shell the $150-$200 for the electronics to get to VE. I've had some good success with a tri shock mod on my F1 but it's on a Mantis T-plate that has less side deflection than an 03 t-plate.

I've also had moderate success with a MRCG1.1 that had soft frp side plates and a tri shock but never could get a servo quick enough to get the same Kyosho steering feel.

I'm hoping that if the round can doesn't quite fit i can modify some extra MRCG parts if needed.

I will be certainly doing a build thread...something innovative like this sub chassis needs its promotion to be pumped up if it has "mini-12th" capabilities.

ianc
2014.10.11, 01:02 PM
*will be certainly doing a build thread...something innovative like this sub chassis needs its promotion to be pumped up if it has "mini-12th" capabilities.

I shall be awaiting it with great anticipation!

ianc

JesseT
2014.10.12, 03:26 AM
The v6 is really only made for the PN brushless. The V2 is for the Brushed motor. It's not impossible to fit a small can Atomic, but some accurate Dremeling and filling is needed.

ianc
2014.10.27, 10:43 PM
Gentlemen,

I realize it's probably way too early for any news, but I find myself thinking more and more often about taking the plunge to brushless via this avenue.

Jesse, any reports on the suitability of the V6 kingpin front-end prototype?

Cowboy, got your chassis yet? Any progress on the build?

Antsy and impatient,

ianc

cowboysir
2014.10.28, 09:15 AM
Due to a warehouse move and some backlog on orders Shapeways has said there's a delay on producing my order.

I placed my order around the 10th of Oct so I bet I should receive the order mid to late November.

ianc
2014.10.28, 05:50 PM
Ouch! That's a seriously long delivery time!

Well, if you won't get yours until next Month, they probably haven't even gotten around to sending Jesse an email in Finland yet!

Oh well, I'll just twiddle my thumbs awhile... ;) Thanks for the status update Cowboy,

ianc

cowboysir
2014.10.29, 01:53 PM
Got an update email...Shapeways expects to be able to meet their shipping date on my order status.

They expect to ship Nov. 14.

Now if I could get an answer from PN about their V2 brushless motors I might go straight to a BL build...unfortunately I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere. :(

Rune
2014.10.29, 04:56 PM
Got an update email...Shapeways expects to be able to meet their shipping date on my order status.

They expect to ship Nov. 14.

Now if I could get an answer from PN about their V2 brushless motors I might go straight to a BL build...unfortunately I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere. :(

Answered your motor question here :)
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=454086#post454086

JesseT
2014.11.04, 03:36 PM
It's a while I've visited this forum, sorry for that.

Shapeways surely didn't handle their factory moving too well, and it got me quite mad also. It came completely out of the blue, pushing paid orders a month back. At the same time their ordering system is informing only a two day delay for new orders. I've seen my friends order small pieces from there much later than my bigger order and they have already got their parts! My order is only half ready and also scheduled for 14th November. At the same time their customer service promises the orders to be handled in order. Go figure... I just hope that things will return to normal.

In the meantime, I have gotten parts from an alternative source, and the first prototype of the non-A-arm front actually fits very nicely. See the attached picture. It's made in a way, that it will fit a standard chassis, but also a one with the intermediate mounts cut out for A-arm conversion. The lower balls also sit a little higher so that the Reflex racing springs can be run too under the lower ball.

I haven't run a standard front for a long time, so now it's the time to tell which exact setup would you like to be supported?

ianc
2014.11.04, 06:10 PM
Looks great Jesse, thanks for checking back in!

Not sure of the answer to your question though? Since I've been out of the hobby for awhile, I'm not sure of all the various options for kingpin 03 front ends. If you're thinking of supporting some specific Reflex parts however, I don't think they're really in the Mini-Z game anymore. I contacted them yesterday asking about availability of their SSG tires and they responded that they're looking for some other vendor to take over manufacturing\sales of their line since it really wasn't profitable for them and they have focused more on 1/10 TC's these days.

Hopefully others can give some more definite answers...

ianc

cowboysir
2014.11.04, 06:33 PM
Looks great Jesse, thanks for checking back in!

Not sure of the answer to your question though? Since I've been out of the hobby for awhile, I'm not sure of all the various options for kingpin 03 front ends. If you're thinking of supporting some specific Reflex parts however, I don't think they're really in the Mini-Z game anymore. I contacted them yesterday asking about availability of their SSG tires and they responded that they're looking for some other vendor to take over manufacturing\sales of their line since it really wasn't profitable for them and they have focused more on 1/10 TC's these days.

Hopefully others can give some more definite answers...

ianc

Super funny, ianc....I was wondering if my replies about the Kyosho 10's on the FB thread were to someone i knew from the forums.;)

Very interesting and promising start to the prototype front Jesse...I think you are headed in the right direction with the small spring/c-clip type of kingpin. I also notice that a screw encloses the lower ball pivot into the housing so my guess is users will be able to try the long kingpin/upper spring setup as well....

As for me I intend to grind material off a standard kyosho bottom plate so as to mount the Shapeways front plate over top of it. Not having it in my hands makes my idea just a theory atm...we will see once it arrives.

I got a "sent to printer" notice a couple days ago.:D

ianc
2014.11.05, 05:54 PM
You know, I noticed the name Derek on your FB post and wondered if it could be you. Nah!

Pretty sad news about Reflex; they were great guys back in the day. Christian always had a pithy word...

Jesse, I'm noticing the two screws that have been added to secure the side links to the front piece in your latest pic above. Is that a design amendment to enhance the flexibilty of the rails, or just a prototype for this version?

ianc

JesseT
2014.11.05, 11:48 PM
You know, I noticed the name Derek on your FB post and wondered if it could be you. Nah!

Pretty sad news about Reflex; they were great guys back in the day. Christian always had a pithy word...

Jesse, I'm noticing the two screws that have been added to secure the side links to the front piece in your latest pic above. Is that a design amendment to enhance the flexibilty of the rails, or just a prototype for this version?

ianc

It's a prototype feature that I will not keep as such, but at some point I will break the design into several pieces, so that it's easier to change to different configuration, like body style, front suspension style, and rear pod style and length (LM).

ianc
2014.11.06, 06:29 PM
at some point I will break the design into several pieces, so that it's easier to change

Sounds like an excellent idea, provided sufficient rigidity can be retained. As it is, there's an R8 body on it's way from Japan in anticipation of giving this a whirl, so please keep us updated. Thanks again!

ianc

cowboysir
2014.11.07, 09:30 AM
Got my shipping notice...things are all coming together for my micro 1/12th build!

My parts to build it as a BL car probably arrive next week but I will test fit a variety of brushed cans just for you Ian. :D

ianc
2014.11.07, 01:07 PM
Will be very eager to see pics of what you're up to Cowboy!

ianc

cowboysir
2014.11.13, 06:44 PM
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=454318#post454318

ianc
2014.11.13, 06:55 PM
Looks good Cowboy, will be very interested to see what you've got going on. As for myself, I found a great deal on one of the Petronas Lexus 03VE's (sub $190!), so grabbed it and will be going the brushless route myself. Should show up next week. Will need to order a PN motor myself.

Still waiting for Jesse to post a version of the chassis for the stock front end though...

Also, thinking about where to source a good set of tri-dampers also. Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks and will keep you posted,

ianc

cowboysir
2014.11.14, 07:24 PM
Quick question Jesse:

There are 4 bearing holders included in the kit that appear to be identical to each other...am I correct in assuming there is not a specific matched set in the four bearing holders?

JesseT
2014.11.17, 03:20 PM
Quick question Jesse:

There are 4 bearing holders included in the kit that appear to be identical to each other...am I correct in assuming there is not a specific matched set in the four bearing holders?

In the v5, some parts fitted a bit too loosely, so I tried to cirrect everything for the v6. One of the things was the introduction of two pairs of bearing holders. Two are tighter and two are looser in bearing fitment. Pick whatever seems better and keep the other two as spares.

cowboysir
2014.12.10, 02:55 PM
Couple Questions:

1. In building your own (and others) chassis did you use machine screws or tapping screws?

2. In some of your builds have you found the end bell cam plate to fit loose and if so how do you recommend securing it to avoid gear mesh slippage?

ianc
2014.12.19, 04:46 PM
Hey gents, just posted my build report over here (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=454828&posted=1#post454828)

ianc

JesseT
2014.12.21, 01:39 AM
Couple Questions:

1. In building your own (and others) chassis did you use machine screws or tapping screws?

2. In some of your builds have you found the end bell cam plate to fit loose and if so how do you recommend securing it to avoid gear mesh slippage?

I always only use machine screws, and for them I open the holes up with a drill bit (by hand) to 1.6mm or 1.7 mm. When you screw in a machine screw to a fresh hole for the first time, do it slowly. I have a method of turning in one round and back out one round over and over untill the force needed is not too much. Then two rounds in and one out and repeat till the screw is in. Not as complicated as it sounds, bit never force a screw in, or you can risk splitting something just like in the Kyosho chassis.

Not exactly sure what you meant, but perhaps you mean the four screw hole for the right side motor cam. I always secure it with a screw, but only with one on the lowest hole, which you can't see after installation.

DMALMAD
2015.04.29, 09:28 PM
Hi I have noticed on your shapeways shop that there is a dbl a-arm avialable with reactive caster. I was going to use one of your mounts for a custom chassis I have been working on but was wondering what is the effect of the reactive caster and how noticable is it? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

cowboysir
2015.11.23, 07:07 PM
I'd like to figure out a way of getting JesseT to update this thread with some discussions about his new designs.

The website mini z love has v7 versions of all his designs with a variation of threaded side blades and modified front ends using AA hardware, levitzer magnet arms and his own custom 3d printer arms.

Some very cool stuff. ...id really like to hear his thoughts on his newest designs.

JesseT
2016.02.02, 05:44 PM
Oh, I haven't been here for a while... but thank for asking, everything is great. Things are more settled now with a brand and company established and production pace increasing.

At the recent(ish) PNWC 2015 world final in Maranello, the JRP cars showed the pace in modified, 70T stock and 50T LeMans classes.

Stock car:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34805&d=1454455992
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34806&d=1454456274

Modified car:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34807&d=1454456366
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34808&d=1454456405

LeMans car:
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=34809&d=1454456455
Here's a little write up of the chassis settings with pictures:
http://blackbookofsecretz.blogspot.fi/2016/01/jesses-pnwc-2015-modified-setup.html?view=sidebar

And as a teaser, here is a short clip of Tuomas Nieminen testing the new ultra low CG chassis prototype.

Flo-Z
2016.02.03, 03:29 AM
Jesse, how are the Marka V6 ? My Experience with markas are that u get the Most grip with the V1. At our Track the V1 have slightly too much grip, so we glue the the tire Wall. That works very well. On the other side, the v5 have way too little grip.

JesseT
2016.02.03, 05:06 AM
Jesse, how are the Marka V6 ? My Experience with markas are that u get the Most grip with the V1. At our Track the V1 have slightly too much grip, so we glue the the tire Wall. That works very well. On the other side, the v5 have way too little grip.

Compound version 1 is a good rear tire, and version 6 is a good front tire. Actually I don't think there evenis a v6 rear tire. The v1 front tires existed, but they were quite soft in relation to the amount of grip you got. v6 has the same grip, but with a much more lasting compound and also it's much easier to drive as the rubber deflects and compresses less on the rim. The v1 front tire feels to drive just like someone let half the air out of the tire. A little vague.

The v1 + v6 combination is great for wear too. You can make several races with the same tires. For rear v1 10 is the standard and for front v6 15 or v6 20 depending on track grip.

And all this relates to only RCP smooth side.

cowboysir
2016.02.08, 04:38 PM
questions:

1. I notice a side plate variation between mod chassis and LeMans chassis...is that for a reason or is it as they were created and the v/model came out? If theres a reason for this variation can you describe the different drive characteristics?

2. What type of ball stud (if that is a ball stud?) is used for the mod chassis rear end/side plates?

3. is your new printed frame lighter than a stock kyosho main chassis?

4. Can your new one piece bearing/diff holder be converted into a v6 sub chassis?

5.I notice you list an 11 tooth servo motor pinion...is that different than stock and if so what purpose does it serve?

6. How is the exchange rate SEK to CDN....I'd like to place an order but im wary of getting killed on conversion and shipping?

Thanks for your time