PDA

View Full Version : FHS Tx for Sports: SyncRo Touch KT-432P

Mitchell
2014.09.27, 12:39 AM
Kyosho releases new FHS 2,4 GHz transmitter for Mini-Z Sports:

SyncRo Touch KT-432P

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BOsOumyG9lw/VCTMm964z3I/AAAAAAAAkYk/CqU4g4_iqhQ/s1600/kt432p-1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xMsang1kByM/VCTMm4q6viI/AAAAAAAAkYc/rgnLj60xu3w/s1600/kt432p-2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-1Nnr_ExTzaA/VCTMnJFNmuI/AAAAAAAAkYg/A2DLuZm7uJ8/s1600/kt432p-3.jpg

It can be interesting opportunity for "Sports", because until now no growing possible with only FHS KT-19.

In waiting cost and functionnal experience feedback...

herman
2014.09.27, 01:59 AM
Hmmm now this might (maybe a big might) be a reason to get a mr03 sport... Looks like a giant step up from the kt19... Wondering how much they will be pricing it out on the market...

lfisminiz
2014.09.27, 08:28 PM
Looks promising! :)

Solo1
2014.09.28, 08:24 AM
hope this means good things for the 03s!

mleemor60
2014.09.28, 09:13 AM
Since it only applies to the "Sport" series it is a really great step forward.

imxlr8ed
2014.09.28, 02:05 PM
Now we're talking!

I'll hope it's around $150, but I have that $200 range feeling.

mleemor60
2014.09.28, 02:58 PM
Since the "Sport" series board isn't adjustable it is nice to see a lot of the adjustments we enjoy with the ASF boards showing up as transmitter adjustments for the "Sports" board.

Since the EX-5 radio is still listed in the $150 range it is unlikely that the new radio will be less.

abasualdo
2014.09.29, 08:06 AM
I agree the transmitter looks like it could be in the $200 dollar range, which in my opinion, defeats the purpose.

Now for the million dollar question, are they going to start selling the Sports chassis only at a cheaper price or just bundle it with new transmitter?

mleemor60
2014.09.29, 08:19 AM
Since it does little or no good to "ask Kyosho" I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Still. It is progress.

briankstan
2014.09.29, 09:58 AM
the radio looks very promising for the "Sports Series". I'm glad that they are coming out with an option over the KT-19.

imxlr8ed
2014.09.29, 10:53 AM
Well, at least I get to tell interested racers that there will be a radio option for the Sports now as opposed to telling them they may be stuck with the KT19. And if this radio performs... all the better!

I'm really hoping this is within a FlySky price range, I see no reason why it shouldn't be.

Also, I think it would be real interesting if someone can work an ASF module into this as some have done with the 4PKS. If Kyosho would make an FHS module for the Helios radios, that would have been the perfect mix in my book.

mleemor60
2014.09.29, 11:28 AM
Not enough profit in modules compared to a whole non module radio.

arch2b
2014.09.29, 12:35 PM
I agree the transmitter looks like it could be in the $200 dollar range, which in my opinion, defeats the purpose.

Now for the million dollar question, are they going to start selling the Sports chassis only at a cheaper price or just bundle it with new transmitter?

they will likely follow the ASF model and keep the RTR kits and add ARR kits to the lineup and sell the upgrade TX separately like the ex5-ur.

just speculation until Kyosho tells us more. don't bother asking K.USA. they typically don't know till it hits or ships.

Solo1
2014.11.08, 10:19 AM
Any news or thoughts on the comming of this?

herman
2014.11.08, 11:16 PM
Was in Hong Kong late last month and got to talk to a hobby shop owner, and asked about this... Early next year, maybe... He said... I have no idea re pricing...

Solo1
2014.11.09, 07:15 PM
Was in Hong Kong late last month and got to talk to a hobby shop owner, and asked about this... Early next year, maybe... He said... I have no idea re pricing...

Thanks for that, guess ill get something else for christmas! LOL

mleemor60
2015.01.14, 06:29 AM
Check out the skyfly site and study on the It4 unit. It appears to be nearly identical to the KT-432P. Then check the bay. found it there for under $170.

Who wants to be first?

Solo1
2015.01.16, 09:30 AM
I think i'll wait a bit have been trying to decide between the kt and going with the pn board and a spectrum, am hoping the kt will save some money and be able to do what i want right on the radio. The stock radio is weird i have 1 that works fairly well and 1 that sucks!

mleemor60
2015.01.16, 09:55 AM
Tried the transmitter re set procedure on the sucky one? I believe it is listed in the KT-19 thread

Racer-HH
2015.01.17, 03:34 AM
Just made my Absima CR4T Transmitter work with my MotoRacer yesterday. Should work for the Sports car, too. So you do not have to wait for the new Kyosho KT (which will be fairly overpriced anyhow, considering the pricing big K did in the past and current).

Mike Keely
2015.01.17, 08:48 AM
This radio works with the sport. $65 shipped to your house from Amazon with Prime. One of the guys at our club is using it. 8 car memory and comes with a li-ion battery that uses a supplied USB cord to your computer or USB adapter.
Not sure if TinyRC has it or not.

FlySky GT-3C 2.4GHz Radio Controller, Titanium

http://www.flysky-cn.com/pic/FS-GT3C/GT3CB.jpg

Mike Keely
2015.01.17, 09:06 AM
Fly Sky FS-iT4 4 Channel 2.4ghz Telemetry Radio System (Titanium). This radio is $155 from Amazon

This one looks just like the one on the first post. They have two different frequencies. AFHDS and AFHDS2. The first radio I posted is the AFHDS and I know that it does work with the sport. This touch screed on may not work??? It may end up being only available from Kyosho. We need someone to way in on what the 2 means???

http://www.flysky-cn.com/pic/FS-iT4/FS-iT4s.jpg

mleemor60
2015.01.17, 09:59 AM
Information is still pretty sketchy on the 432P. In conversation with K of A last week it was stated that the mother ship had not decided if the radio would even be made available in the US. I'm sure it will but when?

Does anybody have a contact overseas to get information from? If we could just find a shop that stocked the Fly sky radios and mini-Z's we would be home free.

Mike Keely
2015.01.17, 10:13 AM
I spoke to Hobby Works here in VA about carrying it. They were going to look into it.

Solo1
2015.01.18, 05:59 PM
Tried the transmitter re set procedure on the sucky one? I believe it is listed in the KT-19 thread

yep tried everything i could think of its just very inconsistent in the steering,if i swap boards in my cars the 1 radio just doesn't steer right

mleemor60
2015.01.18, 06:14 PM
Please define what you mean by doesn't steer right.

Solo1
2015.01.18, 06:28 PM
Please define what you mean by doesn't steer right.

it seems to steer correctly for a bit then it seems vague not consistent turn the wheel a bit and hit a rail turn the wheel full lock for a tight turn and hit an outside rail then it doesnt seem to bad for a bit then wham brakes dont work very good either usually goes right to rev.

mleemor60
2015.01.18, 07:16 PM
There may be an issue with the 4th gear in the steering servo. if you snag a rail with the wheels turned to the point that it catches the car and pulls it into the rail it can break a tooth off the gear. This is likely to happen to all 03's during their life span. The car will steer perfectly for an undetermined number of turns and then it just goes straight. To check it, pull out your owners manual and go through it until you find the exploded view of the steering servo. The fourth gear is the very small one that is closest to the servo saver. Look carefully with a bright light while you manually manipulate the steering. If you see a broken tooth just replace it with the brass gear from Kyosho and it will never happen again. There are replacement gears from the other major aftermarket manufacturers that are a bit cheaper. I have never used them so I can't attest to the quality or accuracy of the parts. That doesn't mean they are of poor quality but they are cheaper in price. Follow the directions in the manual and you will be good to go. it's tedious but if a 68 year old blind man can do it you should be able to.

As for brake action I'm not sure the "sport " series offers a panic brake function. Again, read your manual for information on settings for brake, and steering adjustments. They should be similar to the KT-18 in how adjustments are made.

gctkaz
2015.01.18, 11:26 PM
This radio works with the sport. $65 shipped to your house from Amazon with Prime. One of the guys at our club is using it. 8 car memory and comes with a li-ion battery that uses a supplied USB cord to your computer or USB adapter.
Not sure if TinyRC has it or not.

FlySky GT-3C 2.4GHz Radio Controller, Titanium

http://www.flysky-cn.com/pic/FS-GT3C/GT3CB.jpg
Mike Keely are you absolutely certain your buddy is using that exact radio, with no modification?

If that's the case, there are many older FlySky radios which all run on the same protocol - in fact, I am running a FS-TM002 module with a KO EX-1UR and a homemade adapter, this module works with both air and ground FlySky receivers. This would be a great option for cheap fleet expansion if it truly works.

Mike Keely
2015.01.19, 03:47 PM
Mike Keely are you absolutely certain your buddy is using that exact radio, with no modification?

If that's the case, there are many older FlySky radios which all run on the same protocol - in fact, I am running a FS-TM002 module with a KO EX-1UR and a homemade adapter, this module works with both air and ground FlySky receivers. This would be a great option for cheap fleet expansion if it truly works.

You are correct. We have someone else that is using a flySky module in his JR radio to run a sport model Mini-Z. That is how we found out that the FlySky protocol would work. The module is designed to be used for air or ground. The module is about $25. I don't know the model number of his old radio or the number on the FlySky module. I will try to find out. The JR radio is pretty old though.

Mike Keely
2015.01.19, 04:04 PM
I just looked at the FS-TM002 module on-line and that is exactly what his looks like. It fits into his old JR radio perfectly.

TheSteve
2015.01.19, 07:14 PM
Excellent, this means we could stuff another module inside the Futaba 4PK series if needed in the future. In my 4PK that would mean 3 different modules all transmitting at the same time, lol.

gctkaz
2015.01.19, 10:03 PM
Thank you for clarifying, Mike Keely! That is quite surprising news and means I could probably get new people into racing with a MR-03S set with a decent FlySky programmable radio.

mleemor60
2015.01.20, 05:47 AM
I just looked at the FS-TM002 module on-line and that is exactly what his looks like. It fits into his old JR radio perfectly.

Mike. Which "old" JR radio are you talking about?

imxlr8ed
2015.01.20, 10:23 AM
Don't say R1... please don't say R1!

I killed mine trying to convert it to a helios module! :(

mleemor60
2015.01.20, 10:53 AM
One of the JR's was the same as a Helios. Now if it were the same as the older Mars units it would be great cause they could be recycled with the FS-TM002 module. IF of course that is the correct series of transmitters.

gctkaz
2015.01.20, 11:30 AM
The pin location of the FS-TM002 module is not is the same place as KO modules, but it is not much of a problem. I have the module rubber-banded to my radio, and the adapter is just 3 straight wires and one resistor.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2znpwdt_th.jpg (http://oi58.tinypic.com/2znpwdt.jpg) (click for big version)

My module looks slightly different since it came from a FS-TH9X radio with internal antenna, and I replaced it with a removable WiFi antenna.

Solo1
2015.01.20, 05:59 PM
So can some tell me if this radio will work with an s http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-it4-touchscreen-radio-orange.html#http://site.hobbypartz.com/pimages/79P-IT4-TouchScreen-Radio-Orange/700/79P-IT4-TouchScreen-Radio-Orange-1.jpg

Well we'll know soon as i have 1 of these on the way! will get back when i get it.

mleemor60
2015.01.20, 07:49 PM
Waiting for confirmation from Flysky as we speak. Contacted them earlier today but China was closed for the night. Hope to hear soon.

Solo1
2015.01.21, 02:49 PM
from the info that i've been able to find the flysky it4 wont work with the mini z
Was wondering if someone could tell me if it is possible to take the necessary parts from the receiver and install on a z board?

mleemor60
2015.01.21, 03:40 PM
No word from the Orient yet but I believe that the It4 comes in a couple of broadcast variants so there may be hope.

Solo1
2015.01.29, 10:09 PM
Well finally got the fly sky radio-----well there's $200 shot in the a**! i cant get it to bind:mad:

Racer-HH
2015.01.30, 02:42 AM
No need to bind!!! Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own. This is how it works with my radio and MotoRacer.

Solo1
2015.01.30, 08:45 AM
No need to bind!!! Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own. This is how it works with my radio and MotoRacer.

This works sort of but what happens in a group?

mleemor60
2015.01.30, 09:10 AM
I too am very interested in this subject so what do you mean by it works sort of? I would think that once a specific radio links to a specific car that the pair would be cleanly connected much like the way the Traxxas radio binds to whatever car that it has been previously linked to without model selection.

Solo1
2015.01.30, 09:36 AM
Well I found the problem you have to reverse ch 4 or hold the button under your little finger to get the steering to turn fully. I also turned on another car and seem to have no interference. So I guess it works after all ! All the radio adjustments seem to work with the exception of abs and throttle curve

stefano225
2015.01.30, 11:22 AM
I been following this thread and was interested to find out if it's possible to use a flysky transmitter with my sport mr03 ,well then I remembered that my q5 came with a flysky GT2F transmiter so this morning I gave it a try, worked no problem the only difference I could notice is the GT2F dosen't give that wide turn the stock transmitter allows .Binding was as follow press and hold bind on transmitter then turn on release bind light blinks press and hold bind on car then turn on release ,turn off transmitter then car, turn on both transmitter and car that should work.Now I just hope this works with a Flysky FS-GT3B because I am planning on getting one that would be perfect .

Solo1
2015.01.30, 09:37 PM
The only other problem I'm having is I can't seem to get it to work with another car?

Mike Keely
2015.01.31, 07:38 AM
Sorry guys, I did not check this thread in a while. The JR radio that our guy is running is the one that had the large LCD screen under the steering wheel. Not sure what the true model number is. The fly Sky module plugs in the back with no adapters needed. He will be at the track today. I will try to get mode info for everyone.

I noticed on the touch screen model fly sky radio that it showed the number 2 after the frequency info. I was thinking that it might not work. I am glad to hear that there is a switch to make it broadcast the correct frequency.

The FS-GT3B will work with the MR03S. I would recommend getting the FS-GT3C because it comes with the Li-ion battery with the radio and that should make it much lighter in you hands than the B model that uses 8 AA batteries.

Mike Keely
2015.01.31, 07:45 AM
I been following this thread and was interested to find out if it's possible to use a flysky transmitter with my sport mr03 ,well then I remembered that my q5 came with a flysky GT2F transmiter so this morning I gave it a try, worked no problem the only difference I could notice is the GT2F dosen't give that wide turn the stock transmitter allows .Binding was as follow press and hold bind on transmitter then turn on release bind light blinks press and hold bind on car then turn on release ,turn off transmitter then car, turn on both transmitter and car that should work.Now I just hope this works with a Flysky FS-GT3B because I am planning on getting one that would be perfect .

I was checking the FS-GT3B instruction the other day and there is a way to get the radio to steer more. You have to hold the power button on for a few seconds then you can get the settings in the radio to overwrite the default settings. It said that you could get the settings to allow the travel to go 50% farther. Not sure on your model radio. hope this helps.

stefano225
2015.01.31, 08:56 AM
I don't have the FS-GT3B yet but I think stock it should have setting for wider turn ,the transmitter I used was just a basic FS-GT2F that came with my Genesis Union Q5.I keep that in mind ones I get the FS-GT3B .I wanted to get one for awhile now so I can use it on my Q5 ,redcat racing sumo and now on the mr03s and other RC that I own.

Solo1
2015.01.31, 10:21 AM
Ok so I've tried to get another car to run off the it4 and unable to get it to work any thoughts!?

mleemor60
2015.01.31, 02:16 PM
Tried reading the manual and following the instructions. I'm sure there ia useable information there. I would make the manual the first source for information. At least until there are more of the radios out there with an information base to bounce things off.

Solo1
2015.01.31, 02:49 PM
Lol radio came with no Manuel! Lol:eek:

arch2b
2015.01.31, 03:30 PM
Most products just tell you to go to their website for manuals. You don't get printed manuals much anymore.

Solo1
2015.01.31, 05:44 PM
they show a manuel on their web site but the link is dead to down load. Found a link on rc tech for the version 1 radio but not the version 2. Have tried everything i can think of to get it to work with another miniz but no dice and now i cant get it to rebind to the kt19 without the steering going 45*right. The radio does work very nicely with the mini z s it allows more steering than the kt19 and i think a little more power butit would be nice to get it to work with multiple cars.

mleemor60
2015.01.31, 06:34 PM
Once re bound to the KT-19 go through the transmitter and chassis resets that have been posted in the beginning of this thread I believe. We have lovingly referred to it as the "hokey pokey" but it has been effective.

Do you have a link to the manual that won't download? Maybe someone else can get it and start a data base.

stefano225
2015.01.31, 06:50 PM
Here is alink for the FSi-T4 http://site.hobbypartz.com/manual/FS-iT4.pdf hope this helps .

Mike Keely
2015.01.31, 07:12 PM
Mike. Which "old" JR radio are you talking about?

Sorry Ed. It is the R-1

mleemor60
2015.01.31, 08:19 PM
Same as the Helios then or the EX-1UR?

imxlr8ed
2015.02.01, 10:07 AM
Sorry Ed. It is the R-1

I should've waited, that radio is still one of the best I have ever used. The display alone was years ahead of it's time. That fact that you could visually plot signal curves any way you wanted is still a rare treat for any radio nowadays.

mleemor60
2015.02.01, 10:25 AM
Ed, the radio I just got from you? Mike, what is the model/part number for the module?

Mike Keely
2015.02.01, 02:09 PM
Here is the info on his module.

Flysky FS-TH9X B Module FS-TM002 for 2.4G 9CH compatible turnigy 9x v2 , 9xr

I saw lots of them on fleabay. Not sure how you could put this into a EX10

imxlr8ed
2015.02.01, 03:36 PM
Ed, the radio I just got from you? Mike, what is the model/part number for the module?

No, look up an R1 JR Propo... you have the MARS which is an earlier version of the EX1-UR. Pretty much the same as a Helios but the programming on the MARS is a bit of a pain, one of my members used that radio and got it all flipped out but I'm pretty sure there is a factory reset for it out there somewhere.

Felix2010
2015.02.01, 06:22 PM
I never heard of the JR R1 transmitter before.. That thing looks like a KIY/EX-1 MARS hybrid, with the large LCD screen.. I like it:cool:
What do you mean you could visually plot signal curves? Do you mean like THrottle curve/STeering curve?

You never know what you'll run into on these forums.. :)

Mike Keely
2015.02.01, 09:35 PM
I never heard of the JR R1 transmitter before.. That thing looks like a KIY/EX-1 MARS hybrid, with the large LCD screen.. I like it:cool:
What do you mean you could visually plot signal curves? Do you mean like THrottle curve/STeering curve?

You never know what you'll run into on these forums.. :)

That radio is about 15 years old I would guess.

imxlr8ed
2015.02.02, 12:43 AM
Basically, you could use a standard curve percentage or show the graphs on the screen and manipulate them at individual points along the graphs. Scary stuff a decade or more ago. I got mine for when I raced other scales and it worked great, still would if I wouldn't have blown it up.

Sorry Mike, I think I just got your question...

That module is a 901SM... standard module for ASF.

Felix2010
2015.02.02, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info on the JR R1 radio. It looks very, very old, I just thought the design looked ahead of its time with the X-Large LCD screen combined with the EX-1 MARS transmitter. :)

These days with the various 2.4ghz protocols being used, it sure is confusing. Too many Transmitters, too many special mods to get this radio to work with this chassis.. And no more modules!?! I miss the old days of modules and using one Tx... :D

Rooster29
2015.02.02, 07:00 PM
I ordered the FlySky GT-3C 2.4GHz Radio Controller, Titanium yesterday. I should have it by Wednesday.
It is welcome news that this controller will work with the MR03S. Thanks for the info!!

GL4787
2015.08.21, 02:37 PM
So how is driving with the FS-iT4? Good response? How does it feel? I'm very interested in getting one. Thanks - Garrett

bobbyz
2015.08.23, 09:33 PM
Just picked up a MR-03s recently for some stock class Club racing. Want to check and see what results people have got with the various Flysky radios, mainly the GT3c and the IT4.

Able to get full steering?

Able to bind radio with multiple Sport chassis?

Overall Pros and Cons vs the stock KT19?

Thanks Much for the info!!

Mike Keely
2015.08.26, 03:16 PM
Don't buy the 3c. t will not give you enough steering. The 4 will work fine but you need to do something with the fourth channel to make it have the correct amount of steering.

Solo1
2015.10.25, 06:21 PM
So has anyone tried the kyosho radio yet?

mleemor60
2015.10.25, 07:34 PM
We have two of them operating in our group and everything is really good. No issues at all. The fact that they can be converted to left handed use is a plus as the It-4 does not.

Solo1
2015.10.26, 12:42 AM
Any news on the ex6?

Xovonob
2015.11.01, 11:47 PM
I have an ex-6. It works well with both the mini-z pro and the buggies. It doesn't work with a sport though. Moreover, you can't buy a module that will let you transmit over FHS. You can get the ex-2 module for it, though. That will allow you to do FHSS as well as MHS, but you still aren't going to be controlling a sport series with it unless you swap a board.

The radios in RC in general, and mini-z in particular, are completely fakakta. The consumer is the loser on this one.

Nevertheless, the ex-6 is great when compared to other radios I've used ;)

Solo1
2015.11.04, 09:34 PM
I have an ex-6. It works well with both the mini-z pro and the buggies. It doesn't work with a sport though. Moreover, you can't buy a module that will let you transmit over FHS. You can get the ex-2 module for it, though. That will allow you to do FHSS as well as MHS, but you still aren't going to be controlling a sport series with it unless you swap a board.

The radios in RC in general, and mini-z in particular, are completely fakakta. The consumer is the loser on this one.

Nevertheless, the ex-6 is great when compared to other radios I've used ;)

Thanks for the input. Just bought a kt 432 pt and am now using it with the sport but would like to try a brushless car which was why i was asking about the ex6. What other radios have you used and could compare the ex6 to. Going to need a radio for a brushless car and dont really know what would be best. Am guessing i might go with the ex6 as i would think it would have the longest life span the way things are changing

Xovonob
2015.11.05, 11:05 PM
I've used the kt-18 and the dx4r pro. The kt-18 is decent for what it is. The dx4r pro has some great features, but it feels a little cheap to me. If you're going with an ASF board, the ex-6 is a reasonable choice. If you're going with an MHS board, you could get away with the ex-2 as it is pretty much indistinguishable from the ex-6 and $50 cheaper. However, you can't do ASF with the ex-2.

KWT
2015.11.06, 03:36 PM
If you are getting the VE Pro then go with the EX6

Thorvald
2015.11.06, 04:54 PM
Good god what a mess... AFS/MHS/FHS?!?!?! This is as bad as DSM/DSM2/DSMX but at least a higher model radio can talk backwards in the Spektrum world.

I knew they was a reason I got rid of my old KO Mars years ago when racing...