PDA

View Full Version : Body doesn't sit right

Mania
2014.09.28, 03:57 PM
I got a FC3S RX7 body for my MA010 but the body doesn't sit quite right on the chassis. The front right is much lower than the left, so the right side cannot compress the suspension fully while the left can. I've shimmed the left side of the front clip to even out the stance a bit, but did I just get a warped body or is this just an AWD thing, because my Altezza body also doesn't fit perfectly even either (though it is not as pronounced as this).

byebye
2014.09.28, 07:13 PM
You do have to modify the side clips a bit to get it to seat fully to the awd chassis. It mainly consists of trimming them shorter.

Mania
2014.09.28, 10:37 PM
And that'll make it so it doesn't sit too low on the front right? Does anyone have a picture I can use to reference, please?

Pierro
2014.10.05, 11:27 AM
I got a FC3S RX7 body for my MA010 but the body doesn't sit quite right on the chassis. The front right is much lower than the left, so the right side cannot compress the suspension fully while the left can. I've shimmed the left side of the front clip to even out the stance a bit, but did I just get a warped body or is this just an AWD thing, because my Altezza body also doesn't fit perfectly even either (though it is not as pronounced as this).
Hi!

Have you checked the chassis clearance? On the AM version, I used to trim my bodies on the left side as some are too low on the ESC side. This problem is less visible with 2.4 version that have shorter print and lower cover.

Pierro