PDA

View Full Version : Front end choices

dameetz
2014.10.17, 10:03 PM
What is the handling difference between the various kingpin type front end with double a-arm type front end? I just got my second MR03 VE and about to get some upgrade parts for it. I ve been using PN Double a-arm on my first car and been happy with it. I m just curious as how the other types of kingpin style front end with or without adjustable tower handle. Is there any particular occasion where one is superior than the other? My idea is to have a different handling car so i can have an option on which car to use when racing on different tracks.

cowboysir
2014.10.17, 10:29 PM
I'm a huge fan of Reflex racing low profile kingpin and inset spring set for MR03.

I use these on 2 different chassis to good effect....both with a PN lower tower and RR adjustable tower and bottom plate.

http://www reflexracing.net/Reflex-Racing-MR-03-Low-Profile-Front-Suspension-Set_p_88.html

byebye
2014.10.18, 07:18 AM
I'm a huge fan of Reflex racing low profile kingpin and inset spring set for MR03.

I use these on 2 different chassis to good effect....both with a PN lower tower and RR adjustable tower and bottom plate.

http://www reflexracing.net/Reflex-Racing-MR-03-Low-Profile-Front-Suspension-Set_p_88.html

I 2nd that. Simple design and very smooth.

DMALMAD
2014.10.19, 02:17 PM
Many people that I race with that used to use the pn front end have switched to the x-power double wishbone front end and either reflex or x-power upper suspension. Apparently it is providing much more front end grip.

dameetz
2014.10.19, 09:58 PM

I 2nd that. Simple design and very smooth.

Interesting..... Do i need to get the tower bar, wide arm and wide lower raise bar as well? How does it compare to PN double a-arm handling wise?

dameetz
2014.10.19, 10:01 PM
Many people that I race with that used to use the pn front end have switched to the x-power double wishbone front end and either reflex or x-power upper suspension. Apparently it is providing much more front end grip.

I looked into Xpower site, from my understanding their double wishbone system only can be bolt on to their MRX chassis conversion right? Or will it work with normal chassis? Can you share some pics of it mounted? Thanks.

DMALMAD
2014.10.19, 10:33 PM
it will work with normal chassis if you shave it like you have to shave for pn dbl aarm. I will see if I can get some pics of it next week but really it is very simmilar to the pn except you can adjust droop and preload with a grub screw (much better than pn) and you can use top brackets like reflex and their own which allow narrow config and also allow more camber and caster options. Overall it is just allows more adjustments specifically with the camber which allows more overall front grip. This is what I have been told and what I have observed but I have yet to test it but I hope to get it soon.

dameetz
2014.10.20, 01:15 PM
it will work with normal chassis if you shave it like you have to shave for pn dbl aarm. I will see if I can get some pics of it next week but really it is very simmilar to the pn except you can adjust droop and preload with a grub screw (much better than pn) and you can use top brackets like reflex and their own which allow narrow config and also allow more camber and caster options. Overall it is just allows more adjustments specifically with the camber which allows more overall front grip. This is what I have been told and what I have observed but I have yet to test it but I hope to get it soon.

What else is in the xpower double wishbone suspension package? It is not clear on their website. As you mentioned, I need to get their tower bar. How about upper arm, kingpins, lower servo cover and toe rod? Does the whole system change the front width?

DMALMAD
2014.10.20, 06:11 PM
the bottom piece alone is 79 dollars and then you still have to get the tower bars, knuckles, and arms. All said and done it is about the same price as a dbl a-arm but if you buy the mrx combo with their swing arm it is only 10 dollars more than the standard mrx chassis. (180 compared to 170) you still have to spend money on tower bar and knuckles but you could use the stock knuckles and arms and just buy their tower bar or the reflex tower. The bottom doesn't change width just if you use their tower bar or the reflex tower but at least with their suspension you have the option to run a narrow front end with a double a arm style front end. As for the lower servo cover I am assuming you would have to buy theirs or you could just cut the stock one. Honestly I would make the switch to the mrx chassis, currently at my local race track everyone has switched to their chassis. Everyone was running pn dbl a arm and all options before but even the people who put lipo into the stock chassis just couldn't match the mrx cars.

lfisminiz
2014.10.20, 07:48 PM
Dont forget, it may come down to what surface you run on. Most of us run the PN Aarm or PN reverse king pin on RCP. Matter of preference.

dameetz
2014.10.20, 08:18 PM
Dont forget, it may come down to what surface you run on. Most of us run the PN Aarm or PN reverse king pin on RCP. Matter of preference.

I m running on RCP too....have you used both system? Whats the difference in handling?

lfisminiz
2014.10.20, 10:18 PM
I run both the Aarm and reverse king pin. Always liked the Aarm. Just a matter of what feels good to you.

outlaw-star
2014.10.21, 05:54 AM
I have yet to test this lol

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39919

Take a look at pic. I used to have springs where the mags are, my front end is all RR works a treat for me.

dameetz
2014.10.21, 10:36 AM
I have yet to test this lol

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39919

Take a look at pic. I used to have springs where the mags are, my front end is all RR works a treat for me.

Nice dude....so did u get the carbon kingpins that you are looking for? Let us know your findings on its handling.

outlaw-star
2014.10.21, 02:46 PM
Nope :( no carbon kingpins, but using a lot of lube! I will be racing in 2 weeks so will let you all know.