PDA

View Full Version : compatible systems

briankstan
2014.11.03, 12:15 PM
I've been interested in learning how Zround works. I have an older core lap timing system. Is Zround compatible with it? I see that the Kyosho lap counter is and they technically the same.

thanks.

zround
2014.11.03, 05:39 PM
I've been interested in learning how Zround works. I have an older core lap timing system. Is Zround compatible with it? I see that the Kyosho lap counter is and they technically the same.

thanks.

ZRound is not compatible with Core lapcounter :(. Usually, it doesn't matter the technology the lapcounter uses. What the software needs is a way to communicate with it.

All (but AMBrc/P3) use a serial communication port to exchange messages with ZRound accepting orders to start/stop the race or sending transponders detected/lap times.

I have received help from users owning lapcounter (i.e "LED" was a big help with Robitronic support), I've done reverse enineering by using a lend unit, or simply getting technical details from vendors (the easy way).

The key is to know how the lapcounter "speaks" to the software in order to implement that "language" (technically called "communication protocol"). If Core uses a simple protocol as most of lapcounters I only need to know how the messages are exchanged, but if it needs to be programmed in a low level way (as GiroZ/LPT interface) then it will be hard to implement as I haven't knowledge about how Core works.

I would need help in any case :o

Regards.