PDA

View Full Version : Flip Side Email Setup

treys1
2014.12.07, 12:00 AM
Any pointers on getting the email to work? I am just now trying to the software out as I wait for a Trackmate system to arrive and it looks awesome!

I have tried using a personal smtp as well as Gmail and cannot get the test email to go through. I have tried SSL ports, standard 25 and all combinations of those with both addresses to no avail.

I am an IT professional so I would like to think I checked everything (including firewall, Windows event viewer, etc) and have tried on Win7 & Win8.......

I see that I can view the report, which I could then save as PDF, but would love for the email to work :)

Thanks!

pinwc4
2014.12.08, 12:16 PM
I have only used GMail so far so that will be all I can provide settings for. I just tested it on my own laptop to make sure it still works and was able to get it to email reports from the test button, the email report button and automatically as a result of races so I suspect it may be something specific to your setup.

For settings with GMail I have following settings:

Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587
SSL: Checked
Username: My gmail address
Password: My gmail password
From Address: My gmail address

If I remember correctly with GMail you must have the from address set the same as your username used for GMail. Some email systems let these be different but not GMail.

Hope that helps

briankstan
2014.12.08, 03:21 PM
I've used my email from my personal web hosting and didn't have any issues.

treys1
2014.12.09, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the input. I will try everything again I guess.