PDA

View Full Version : October 10, 2015 - HFAY S20 Race 7-8

arch2b
2014.12.14, 03:29 PM
This will be held at Hobby Works in Fairfax, Virginia

we will be running HFAY # .

http://www.howfastareyou.com/hfayprod/static/uploads/tracks.printablepicture.b9234bde04570f3c.484641592 d747261636b2d325f7072696e74696e672e6a7067.jpg

Mike Keely
2015.10.06, 07:38 PM
I will not be able to make this one guys. It is my wife's birthday. Going up to Gettysburg for the weekend. Counting on Bill to win this one to keep Brian in second or third.

briankstan
2015.10.07, 07:14 AM
I will not be able to make this one guys. It is my wife's birthday. Going up to Gettysburg for the weekend. Counting on Bill to win this one to keep Brian in second or third.

:) Thanks for the Support Mike. ;)

Mike Keely
2015.10.07, 05:18 PM
You don't need any support. You are doing fine on your own!

arch2b
2015.10.11, 09:20 AM
thanks to everyone that could make it out saturday! had a good crowd of 8 drivers. lots of fun as usual, close racing for 8 minute mains. i can't share the results/video till the end of the month :p dwight ran the gauntlet for clockwise running up 3 mains.

added a 2nd car to the demo fleet and Bill contributed 2 boxes of batteries. may need to seek a toolbox for demo cars. just big enough to carry the cars, transmitters, batteries. either that or we distribute the demo cars amongst the usual attendees so that there is always at least 1 on any given race day.

TheRinger
2015.10.18, 10:38 PM
Great racing by all. Finally put the reflex front end on my brushless chassis this evening along with a PN 5500kv brushless motor. I was inspecting my HFAY car as well to mirror the suspension to the set up of my brushless car. Upon inspecting I found the right front wheel cracked almost in half and severely out of round and the t-plate also cracked in half, which explains part of my horrible driving in the counter clockwise main. :o But still a great day of racing. I really need to practice to reach the skill level that everybody now has.

arch2b
2015.10.19, 07:54 AM
saw the picture of the wheel split, very impressed you managed to keep it going around the track :eek:. i'd say your skills with a busted car are still better then mine ;)

byebye
2015.10.20, 05:54 AM
Great racing by all. Finally put the reflex front end on my brushless chassis this evening along with a PN 5500kv brushless motor. I was inspecting my HFAY car as well to mirror the suspension to the set up of my brushless car. Upon inspecting I found the right front wheel cracked almost in half and severely out of round and the t-plate also cracked in half, which explains part of my horrible driving in the counter clockwise main. :o But still a great day of racing. I really need to practice to reach the skill level that everybody now has.

I never fully inspect my cars race to race but I should. A minor crack can turn major after a few bumps and stress of racing.

Racing has become a lot more competitive the past couple years. I love it because you just never know who will tq. And it's different from class to class.