PDA

View Full Version : Season 19 tracks and registration?

arch2b
2014.12.30, 12:47 PM
its coming up quick. Awaiting posting of season 19 tracks and open registration.

Also looking forward to proposed inclusion of brushless ?

briankstan
2014.12.30, 01:17 PM
its coming up quick. Awaiting posting of season 19 tracks and open registration.

Also looking forward to proposed inclusion of brushless ?

thanks for the reminder. :)

arch2b
2015.01.04, 08:50 PM
just a reminder ;) we race this saturday :cool:

briankstan
2015.01.05, 09:08 AM
Season 19 is up and running. you can see the tracks on the site.

HFAY Season 19 (http://www.howfastareyou.com/seasons/index/39)

Registration is up as well.

HFAY Season 19 Registration (http://www.saltlakemini-z.com/Zen_Cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_99&products_id=450)

I've included the Brushless boards in as being legal this season. they are limited to using only the PN 5500KV or Atomic 5000KV motors. Based on my testing I've decided to leave the gearing open for them and we'll see how that goes.

arch2b
2015.01.05, 09:51 AM
thanks, registered already and copied tracks for layout this weekend.

good news on the brushless motors. We assume selections will be updated at the end of the season based on seasons results and feedback and evaluate additional lower rating options just released and coming to market as necessary. IE, X-Power (http://www.x-powerrc.com/product_list.php?nid=66) has 4500KV and 5000KV motors available as well.

briankstan
2015.01.05, 09:55 AM
thanks, registered already and copied tracks for layout this weekend.

good news on the brushless motors. We assume selections will be updated at the end of the season based on seasons results and feedback and evaluate additional lower rating options just released and coming to market as necessary. IE, X-Power (http://www.x-powerrc.com/product_list.php?nid=66) has 4500KV and 5000KV motors available as well.

I would feel comfortable changing the spec to say something like. "All Brushless motors with a KV rating of 5500 or below are approved to use"

this could include those X-power and other motors as being leagal for use as long as they fit the KV rating.

what do you think?

arch2b
2015.01.05, 10:01 AM
your the boss :) options can change quickly in terms of whats available. if you would prefer to wait out the season and re-evaluate in June, i would understand. i have yet to see an X-Power motor and only recently found their extensive range available much less order and test any.

this assumes the KV rating is a direct correlation to brushed winds. i know little to nothing of brushless tech myself. I absolutely do not want to make this complicated for you but at the same time, be able to include more participants in the series in our club as many are skipping the sports series and going directly to VE.

briankstan
2015.01.05, 10:07 AM
your the boss :) options can change quickly in terms of whats available. if you would prefer to wait out the season and re-evaluate in June, i would understand. i have yet to see an X-Power motor and only recently found their extensive range available much less order and test any.

this assumes the KV rating is a direct correlation to brushed winds. i know little to nothing of brushless tech myself. I absolutely do not want to make this complicated for you but at the same time, be able to include more participants in the series in our club as many are skipping the sports series and going directly to VE.

I think we can change it. I modify the manual to include any motor 5500kv and lower as legal. it'll be a good test as well to shake them out this season.

arch2b
2015.01.05, 10:20 AM
did you get a chance to compare between the 5000/5500kv and kyosho eco tune? the eco tune is reported to be 5600KV however would need to confirm this value. i don't recall my experience between them at the moment, it's been at least 3 weeks since i've picked up a TX.

Confirmed Here (https://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=109776).
5600KV ECO tuned brushless motor installed. Finished in blue metallic color.

briankstan
2015.01.05, 11:02 AM
did you get a chance to compare between the 5000/5500kv and kyosho eco tune? the eco tune is reported to be 5600KV however would need to confirm this value. i don't recall my experience between them at the moment, it's been at least 3 weeks since i've picked up a TX.

Confirmed Here (https://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=109776).

I didn't have the eco/tune, I've just ran the Atomic and the PN motors. I just converted one of my cars so I could test them.

I think we'll include the 5600KV and under rating. One of our guys has the ecotune in his car and is was similar in speed as mine with the PN 5500.

danjoyy25
2015.01.07, 04:59 AM
Western Zydney is paid up for Season 19. I also have a 5000kv motor on the way :)

byebye
2015.01.07, 05:06 AM
I'm looking forward to season 19. I'll do my best to contribute VE data vs. 70t.

Kris

ukyo
2015.01.07, 07:16 AM
Does that mean the guys can run the new MA-020VE with suitable motor?

briankstan
2015.01.08, 08:59 AM
Does that mean the guys can run the new MA-020VE with suitable motor?

Yes it does. :)

TheRinger
2015.01.09, 07:56 AM
I'll be running brushed car this season but hopefully run a brushless car in some filler runs where the times won't be submitted. I'll be running a scorpion 6000kv motor to see how it compares. Though it's not an approved motor, just curious to see if it really is any different then PN motors. I think it would be a good motor due to price and it comes wired for people new to the hobby or can't solder. Also will be able to get the x-power 4500kv motor soon.

briankstan
2015.01.09, 12:54 PM
I'll be running brushed car this season but hopefully run a brushless car in some filler runs where the times won't be submitted. I'll be running a scorpion 6000kv motor to see how it compares. Though it's not an approved motor, just curious to see if it really is any different then PN motors. I think it would be a good motor due to price and it comes wired for people new to the hobby or can't solder. Also will be able to get the x-power 4500kv motor soon.

I'm going to have both a brushed and brushless car. I'm going to run them both for this season as a direct comparison on my end. I have the PN 5500 in it and will be playing with the ICS and gearing options.

Currently geared the same my brushed car has faster lap times and a better feel for me. Both cars are setup with the same parts and will be run with the same body.

briankstan
2015.01.09, 12:58 PM
I've added the following terms in so they can be used while submitting times. Let me know if I need any others added. It would be nice if those that are submitting times can make sure to have the correct motor listed for the cars so we can see how they compare to each other.

Chassis Types:
MR-03VE
MA-020VE

Motors:
PN 5500KV
Kyosho 5600KV
Atomic 5000KV
XP 4500KV
XP 5000KV

Mike Keely
2015.01.19, 04:36 PM
We had a few guys try the brushless cars but I didn't think that they had the punch that the brushed cars had. The VE cars always had a little slower lap times. I would like to see if anyone tried the sport model cars?