PDA

View Full Version : Can I just put this on my car?

ilove599xx
2015.01.26, 11:22 AM
I just bought one MR03-MM ready set mini z car.
I wonder if the item below can just fit on my car. Anyone knows?

Mini-Z X-power 7075-T6 FRONT SUSPENSION MOUNT SET (S.M.S) FOR MR03 / VE
http://www.*******om/itm/Mini-Z-X-power-7075-T6-FRONT-SUSPENSION-MOUNT-SET-S-M-S-FOR-MR03-VE-BLACK-/261594102993?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Radio_Controlled_V ehicles&hash=item3ce8393cd1

briankstan
2015.01.26, 11:38 AM
Iwill fit your car, you'll have to modify the cover slightly but it is made to work with any of the 03 chassis.

ilove599xx
2015.01.26, 11:47 AM
thank you very much, I am new for this hobby. I found out all the cars in my local shop were faster than me. so i asked the shop boss if I could buy a new motor, he told me I have to change many things first, so I wonder if everything else was the same.

So besides motor, can I just buy anything and put on my mr03 without worries?

JesseT
2015.01.26, 12:56 PM
So besides motor, can I just buy anything and put on my mr03 without worries?

Absolutely not. This is the tricky thing with Mini-z cars. I was new to the sport some 3 years ago and I noticed this. For racing, pretty much everything is 98mm track, MM configuration, W front, +3 offset rear, +1 to+2 offset front, etc. Accepting this, if you stick with parts from Atomic, Reflex, PN, X-power, JRP, Kyosho, ... you won't have much of trouble. Mixing parts from different makes requires some knowledge.
Safest is to watch the fastest cars in your club and consult the drivers.
Please please please think and know what gain you are expecting from a hop-up part before purchasing. Just replacing every plastic part with an aluminum part blindly will certainly make the car only slower.
Build, preparation and setup is far more important than which parts you have.
Lastly, tires, tires, tires. They are the most important thing your car has and how you prepare them.

LED
2015.01.26, 01:08 PM
Like JesseT says, first thing to change are the tires!!!!
Then look at what motor the other guys you are comparing with actually have.
If they have other motors then the stock motor you WILL be slower. But forget about that!!!
Depending on how long they have been racing, they will be faster then you and trust me, a faster motor will not make you faster at this point. Take your time, get to know the car. Tune with the basics first. Tires, T-plate, and front springs.
Then practice practice practice untill you reach the point that you hardly make any more mistakes. Then start thinking about faster motors and hopups!

Welcome to the hobby!

ilove599xx
2015.01.26, 10:10 PM
thank you guys, I have changed the tire and metal bearings since the shop owner told me that's necessary. Now he's asking me to change the t-plate. I practice sometimes in my living room and i ve been to the shop to practice on the track only about 6-8 hours. Do you think it's necessary to change my t-plate this early?

another stupid question. whenever I go to the shop to practice I always practice the whole time but I see other players spend like 60-70% of the time just sit there and adjusting their cars. I wonder if they are normal since they have to pay to practice then why don't they spend more time on the track but adjust their cars at home?
If I pay for 2 hours then I usually only take 15 mins break totally. I have no knowledge to adjust my car too because I am new to this hobby.

mini-cam
2015.01.26, 10:36 PM
We run a box stock class allowing tire, spring, and t-plate changes. Really the most fun class. It's good to take your practice time and try some changes so you can learn what does what. That way on a race day if you need more steering or better off corner traction you can adjust stuff. It's all about finding those tenths of a second. Also it's good to just drive and find that rhythm and consistency. No real wrong way to practice just have fun. :)

LED
2015.01.28, 11:21 AM
thank you guys, I have changed the tire and metal bearings since the shop owner told me that's necessary. Now he's asking me to change the t-plate. I practice sometimes in my living room and i ve been to the shop to practice on the track only about 6-8 hours. Do you think it's necessary to change my t-plate this early?

another stupid question. whenever I go to the shop to practice I always practice the whole time but I see other players spend like 60-70% of the time just sit there and adjusting their cars. I wonder if they are normal since they have to pay to practice then why don't they spend more time on the track but adjust their cars at home?
If I pay for 2 hours then I usually only take 15 mins break totally. I have no knowledge to adjust my car too because I am new to this hobby.

Yes it is necessary. The T-plate is what controls your rear suspension, for a stock car. By a set of them. Use the middle one. If you find you are spinning out all the time or your rear end hops around a corner use a softer plate. If you don't have enough steering use a harder plate.

Solo1
2015.01.29, 09:45 AM
I'm fairly new to the miniz and will confirm what others have said about lots of track time, tire changing and suspension adjusting being most important! When you get used enough to the car and get it dialed enough it will be pretty fast in stock form! It can also bet tricky to get set up really well! Good luck and have fun!:D

cowboysir
2015.01.29, 10:35 AM
When it comes to track time as a beginner you should focus your energies. When you have very little in option parts (spring, tplate, tires) there is little to change how your car performs on track so the best option is to learn "the line" and how to get from start to finish (and repeat:D) fast smooth and without crashing.

Once you start collecting the essentials you'll find yourself switching options to see if you get faster or slower on the same line (hopefully you have a timing system to confirm improvement). Keep the fast stuff on the car....;)

ilove599xx
2015.02.02, 07:28 AM
it's funny, cos i just crashed my t-plate yesterday, one straight line i didnt turn well and then my t-plate crashed. So i changed to x-power t plate from the shop that I played. It felt great, i meant the control felt so great after i changed t plate. The shop owner told me the damper is more important then the t-plate for newbie, is that true?

cowboysir
2015.02.02, 09:04 AM
The T plate and damper go hand in hand. By switching the plate you create a more reactive rear end and the bouncy/responsiveness is very unsettling through corners. It is the job of the damper plates to control the bounciness to keep it responsive but help it react progressive and predictable.

Once you get one installed you can figure out what kind of feel you want from its reaction to the T plate. With all sorts of damper oils/grease and top/bottom spring tension you can change the speed of the damping action.

This is where "tuning" can really start for you.