PDA

View Full Version : How many hours do you practice on the track during a week

ilove599xx
2015.02.03, 12:27 AM
I can ony go to the local shop in night time and weekend.

My house is too small to buy myself a circuit.

It will take me 40 mins to drive to the local mini-z shop with racing circuit.

I wish I can go everyday for an hour or 2 but it's impossible cos I have a family.

so how long do you guys practice on the track during a week? either you own a track or in the local shop? In my local shop I pay about 1.5 US dollar to practice an hour, is that expensive?

I am just curious.

imxlr8ed
2015.02.03, 01:02 AM
Many run once a month, some are lucky enough to have a home track and I'd say they only average 1 or 2 tune nights a week (usually trying out new parts). Just starting out though... you will want as much track time as possible, it is an addiction.

Average drive for any RCer is usually a half hour around here. Track fees for practice are usually 10-20 bucks for a few hours.

All in all, you're in a pretty good spot! I race once a month for about 6 hours.

TheSteve
2015.02.03, 02:54 AM
At my most hard core I was running 2 to 3 hours wed/thurs/fri nights and then 5 to 6 hours on Sat and on Sun. That was with an MR01 and then a Micro RS4 18th scale at a local hobby store that was a 5 minute walk from where I worked. Then that place closed up and when another track opened I was there many nights per week running an M18 and a RC18T - 700 laps per night or so.
I am married now and drive less, lol. Still when friends come over we try to do well over 1000 laps in a day, 4 to 6 hours of actual on track time. I often have an RCP track setup in my basement and can run for an hour once or twice a week in the evenings.

Practice, Practice, Practice...

The 100 hour timer in my Futaba 4PK has been rolled back to zero so many times I have lost count.

arch2b
2015.02.03, 01:36 PM
two saturdays a month, that's all the time i have for the hobby. :o no practice, just show up, tune and race. i really envy the other clubs that get multiple dace days per week and or more than twice a month. i wish i could do more but given it generally takes an entire day with travel, i'm lucky to get the two days i do schedule.
the travel for our club ranges from 2 hours to 30 minutes. the average is likely 30-40 minutes each way. it's about 45 minutes for me.