PDA

View Full Version : FlySky It4

Solo1
2015.02.04, 01:03 PM
Well thought i'd put this here for anyone else looking for a radio for the miniz03s.
I bought a IT4 and am using it with a 03s I could not get it to bind at first then i
Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own. then you need to reverse chanel 4 to get full steering and rev ch 1 to get it to steer the right direction. Then you can change the endpoints to 120 (move the wheel to the right to get the right side)and you will have more steering than with the kt19, boost the throtle to 120 and your car will go a bit faster than with the k19 also. The only problem i'm still having, thou i havent bothered too much lately, is getting it to work with another car. I didnt like the wheel pivoting out so i stuck some double sided tape under it and that solved that. Would prefer a bit more spring tension on both the trigger and wheel but i guess you can't have everything. So far its working pretty well will post back when i find more.

briankstan
2015.02.04, 01:12 PM
thanks for posting this information.

Solo1
2015.02.08, 10:23 AM
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt215/huckleberry800/20150207-IMG_2341_zpsd569aaab.jpgOk so i've been using it for a while now and am pleased! all the changes on the radio are effective thou i probably wont use most of them, ABS works well but it took me some time to get it that way. The radio imho is really worth the money, there is no way a kt19 come even close to this! As i am finding out the gt3c also works with the mini z so you can get a decent radio for the sports cheap. I still havent spent any time trying to bind to another car, have mostly been tuning up my race car and radio setup as i now have a highly modified stock class racer! Hope this helps anyone interested in upgrading a sports radio!:D

byebye
2015.02.08, 12:50 PM
Well this is good news for those with a sports racer.

This reminds me of the days when we all had a bunch of kt-5 radios laying around after we discovered the futaba and Helios.

I'm curious to see it in action. Thanks for sharing.

Kris

martoediefroets
2015.02.15, 08:20 AM
Any chance of the gt3b to bind?

Solo1
2015.02.15, 09:14 AM

so i understand people have been using it also, i dont have 1 myself http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39913 check this link.

stefano225
2015.02.15, 01:28 PM

I'm using a GT3B no problems so far .

briankstan
2015.02.16, 03:33 PM
have you gotten it to bind with multiple cars yet?

martoediefroets
2015.02.20, 03:24 PM
I'm using a GT3B no problems so far .

I have binded my GT3B to my sports, but even with 120% endpoint setting the steering angle is very limited.
With the og kt19 i get more steering.
I am trying to figure out why i get less streering from the GT3B.
:(

briankstan
2015.02.20, 03:39 PM
I have binded my GT3B to my sports, but even with 120% endpoint setting the steering angle is very limited.

I had no problems binding the Mini-Z FHS to the Flysky GT3C radio. worked first time.

I am having the same problem with the FS-GT3C TX I have the endpoints maxed out at 120% as well and I'm not seeing the full steering that I get with the KT-19. Also it seem like the response time with the GT3C is slower than the KT-19 as well. in my opinion the KT-19 is the better radio because of the fast response time and full steering.

I'll probably return the GT3C and try the IT4.

Any report on if the IT4 has full steering? and hows the response time?

I'm trying to work up a good combo to recommend to a few guys that are looking to get cars but want a better radio and something they can use with multiple cars with model memory.

Solo1
2015.02.20, 07:04 PM
The it4 will turn a tighter circle than the kt19 when adjusted to 120 I haven't tried to bind to another car lately as i've been running tires off finding the best setup for my race car!! I really like the it4 and the only thing i could complain about would be if it wont bind with another car but it is a really nice radio,i like it in some ways better than my mt4, like the on screen help and back lit screen though that helps use up battery. if it had triger and wheel adjustment like the mt4 i think it would be a better radio! I would say responce time is better than the kt19 but that is only by feel no real way to measure. Must add i have 2 kt19's and they dont both act the same 1 always feels quirky and 1 doesnt feel too bad but the it4 imho is way better than either of them.

Solo1
2015.02.20, 07:17 PM

does this radio have a 4th chanel? if so reverse it and try. The it4 would only turn a bit till i reversed chanel 4 and chanel1 as they turned the wrong way then moved it up to 120% now the car will turn tighter than a kt19 The it4 has a button under your little finger i had to put a piece of plastic over cause if you push the button it doesnt steer fully, couldn't figure out why i was crashing every so often? DOH! lol

Solo1
2015.02.20, 07:59 PM
Just tried to bind the it4 to my ferrari 458 and got it to work!!:D Now if i remember correctly, turn on radio and choose new model, go to rx setup and uncheck the 2, turn off radio push and hold pairing button on car and power up turn on radio, lite on car should now be solid and not blinking, turn off car and radio then turn them back on they should now work rev ch 4 and ch1 then turn ch1 up to 120 turn wheel right to get right side and turn up to 120 at this point the raised portion of the tie rod should all but hit the chassie when the wheel is turned. went back to the Mclaren and it worked too!!:D I also have it bound to the receiver that came with it and have it in my traxxis slash 4x4 Another thing is the receivers are cheep i got 2 on fleabay for $20 instead of $100 for 1 airtronics!

briankstan
2015.02.20, 10:07 PM
Just tried to bind the it4 to my ferrari 458 and got it to work!!:D Now if i remember correctly, turn on radio and choose new model, go to rx setup and uncheck the 2, turn off radio push and hold pairing button on car and power up turn on radio, lite on car should now be solid and not blinking, turn off car and radio then turn them back on they should now work rev ch 4 and ch1 then turn ch1 up to 120 turn wheel right to get right side and turn up to 120 at this point the raised portion of the tie rod should all but hit the chassie when the wheel is turned. went back to the Mclaren and it worked too!!:D I also have it bound to the receiver that came with it and have it in my traxxis slash 4x4 Another thing is the receivers are cheep i got 2 on fleabay for $20 instead of $100 for 1 airtronics!

thanks for the update. I've already packaged the GT3C to send back and ordered the IT4. it'll be here next week and I'll give it a try. I appreciate the feedback greatly.

Solo1
2015.02.21, 07:26 AM
thanks for the update. I've already packaged the GT3C to send back and ordered the IT4. it'll be here next week and I'll give it a try. I appreciate the feedback greatly.

Would like to hear your opinion of this radio once you run it a bit!

martoediefroets
2015.02.22, 03:56 AM
does this radio have a 4th chanel? if so reverse it and try. The it4 would only turn a bit till i reversed chanel 4 and chanel1 as they turned the wrong way then moved it up to 120% now the car will turn tighter than a kt19 The it4 has a button under your little finger i had to put a piece of plastic over cause if you push the button it doesnt steer fully, couldn't figure out why i was crashing every so often? DOH! lol

The GT3B is 3ch !
This must be the problem as it seems you need to reverse the 4th ch on a IT4 or a hacked GT3B.
I like the flysky transmitters very much and have my GT3B binded with 9 rc cars. Receivers are cheap and there are lots of mods and hacks to make great tramsmitter out of them.
I even stopped using my Futaba 4 PLS.
As mine is not hacked i will get the IT4!

briankstan
2015.02.26, 09:41 AM
Would like to hear your opinion of this radio once you run it a bit!

I got some wheel time with the Flysky IT4 last night. Iíd have to say that I like it better than the GT3C for feel and I like the way the you can change the wheel angle on the TX, similar to the drop down I have on my Ko Propo EX-10 Helios. I feel that the radio is pretty good and will hang onto it and use it with the car. It feels much better in the hand than the KT-19 to me. Iím getting more steering than I was with the GT3C so that is also a positive. Iíll have one of the guys running the car tonight at our races and Iíll get some feedback from him as well, Chances are this will end up being his car and radio as I was doing all the testing for him. I might have to look into swapping out my loaner cars for the sports series cars as so far I feel they are descent and when factoring in the pricing it think itís the way to go.

As for the FS-IT4 is concerned I think Itís a nice radio for the money and it has some good possibilities, the feel is nice for control and it feels good in your hand. The wheel is nice (sponge part). The plastic isnít as good as my Ko TX however but the value is there for sure for what you pay. You get a lipo battery, USB cable to charge the TX, A receiver, and some telemetry sensors that can be used in a larger scale cars. I do feel that the transmission rate may be slightly slower than the ASF cars but itís not bad by any means.

mleemor60
2015.02.26, 10:54 AM
Any luck with multiple models yet? Any binding issues?

briankstan
2015.02.26, 11:28 AM
Any luck with multiple models yet? Any binding issues?

I only have one 03 sports. I didn't have any issues binding it, and I did also bind it to the receiver that came with it. both function without having to rebind. I put the receiver in one of my monster trucks to test and it worked no problem just by selecting the right model and turning on the car I wanted to run. I only had to bind them once and set them to different models with different setting and it all worked correctly. :D

art4242
2015.03.30, 01:35 PM

For those using a GT3B, did you have any problems with steering trim? I happened to have an unused Turnigy GTX3 (clone of the GT3B), we were able to bind it successfully to a sports at the club to try out. The steering seems limited as others have noted, but the trim is way off. Even with full left trim (30) it still steers right.

It looks like the GT3B is hackable to use different firmware, which includes adding more channels, added trim range/sub trim, endpoints, etc. I wonder if a hacked GT3B would address the steering travel and trim problems, might be something worth trying. The GT3B is such a bargain and would be a good upgrade from the KT19 for those starting out with a sports.

mleemor60
2015.03.30, 01:44 PM
Try centering the radio trim for steering. Then, with radio turned off, go to the chassis and power up. Manually center the steering. When completed push the pairing button on the chassis to reset it. Turn chassis off. Turn radio on then chassis on and see if all is OK. This procedure is frequently done even with the KT-19. Worth a try here as well.

stefano225
2015.03.30, 02:17 PM
I been using the GT3B on my sports for some time now and yes you don't get full steering like you do with the KT19 even if you set the endpoint at 120%,wasn't aware of firmware I might give that a try.As far as steering trim mine is pretty accurate,I would have suggested like the previous post that should fix problem.

mleemor60
2015.03.30, 02:39 PM
I have never had one of the radios in my hand so I'm not al all sure what features they have but if equipped, what are the steering dual rate settings? Make sure that they are at 100% before setting end points to avoid damaging the 4th gear in the steering servo.

art4242
2015.03.30, 03:12 PM
Try centering the radio trim for steering. Then, with radio turned off, go to the chassis and power up. Manually center the steering. When completed push the pairing button on the chassis to reset it. Turn chassis off. Turn radio on then chassis on and see if all is OK. This procedure is frequently done even with the KT-19. Worth a try here as well.

Thanks for the quick response guys, good suggestion. We'll try this when I'm at the track next week.

stefano225
2015.03.31, 08:10 PM
Funny thing after I posted my reply my car started requiring right trim :eek: ,tonight after a close inspection I found the left side steering block was cracked.This was the second steering block I replaced so far (first one was the right side)still using stock parts.That maybe be another thing to check on your car if you are using stock parts,soon I will replace mine with aluminum block I ordered tonight.

ilove599xx
2015.04.24, 05:03 AM
sorry, I am a newbie, I just bought one IT4 too, I have no idea how to bind the mr03s, I did bind my other RC cars no problem though.

so "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own"

can anyone tell me what tx is?

or give me a direction for the whole process

thanks

mleemor60
2015.04.24, 08:47 AM
Assuming you are speaking of definition of term's, TX is transmitter and RX is the receiver.

byebye
2015.04.28, 06:51 AM
sorry, I am a newbie, I just bought one IT4 too, I have no idea how to bind the mr03s, I did bind my other RC cars no problem though.

so "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off. Then power on tx and Mini-Z and they will pair on their own"

can anyone tell me what tx is?

or give me a direction for the whole process

thanks
First put the radio in bind mode..

Then press and hold the bind button before turning on the car.

I know when I bonded my FlySky radio there were no flashing led's or indication it was bindedicated until after I turned both of them off then on.

ilove599xx
2015.06.08, 03:18 AM
first of all, i don't know what "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off" means, I can see ADFHS 2 on my RX set up already, I don't know how to set the ADFHS

I went to the BIND WITH RECEIVER on the IT4 RX setup.

and then

I turned my mr03 sports on, the LED is flashing once at a time,

and then

I press the button on the board, now the LED is flashing twice at a time

and then nothing happend,

is there any process is incorrect?

briankstan
2015.06.08, 08:48 AM
first of all, i don't know what "Just set the tx to ADFHS (not ADFHS2) and turn it off" means, I can see ADFHS 2 on my RX set up already, I don't know how to set the ADFHS

I went to the BIND WITH RECEIVER on the IT4 RX setup.

and then

I turned my mr03 sports on, the LED is flashing once at a time,

and then

I press the button on the board, now the LED is flashing twice at a time

and then nothing happend,

is there any process is incorrect?

Put the TX in to "BIND WITH RECEIVER"

then you need to hold the button on the car down and turn the car on with the button being pushed then release the button, turn off the car, turn off the TX, then turn on the TX and then the car.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

ilove599xx
2015.06.08, 12:11 PM
I made it even if I don't know how I did. But it's binded now.

Now I have the same problem as the first post, my steering is so little, and turing right on tx but the car goes left direction.

I will try to see if I can fix this myself. thx

briankstan
2015.06.08, 12:40 PM
I made it even if I don't know how I did. But it's binded now.

Now I have the same problem as the first post, my steering is so little, and turing right on tx but the car goes left direction.

I will try to see if I can fix this myself. thx

reverse the steering should be servo 1, and turn it up to 120 for both left and right and you should be good. I also think you need to turn the channel 4 off.

I'm trying to remember how I set up this radio for one of our racers. I don't have it so I'm trying to go off memory. :)

ilove599xx
2015.06.08, 09:30 PM
where can I turn it both side to 120

the reverse is ok now, no need to turn off channel 4, thanks

briankstan
2015.06.09, 07:51 AM
where can I turn it both side to 120

the reverse is ok now, no need to turn off channel 4, thanks

you want to turn off channel 4 as that is used if you are having 2 steering servos and that is one of the things that limits the steering. when you turn it off is aids in providing the full steering you'll need.

then you can set the endpoints to max to get all the steering.

like I said I don't have the radio any longer but we are racing this thrusday and I can check out the settings again at our race on the radios.

Maybe someone that is using this radio can chime in with the exact settings.

ilove599xx
2015.06.09, 11:21 AM
you are correct,

I didn't know how to turn off channel 4

but I click in and put it to 0

and I think I solved the problem

it looks perfect in my living room, I think it's done

thank you

briankstan
2015.06.09, 12:34 PM
glad I was able to help out.

Solo1
2015.11.04, 09:29 PM
Just thought id add some input from my experience with th it4 i droped my first radio and the light went out so i couldnt see the screen. I bought another and it worked but not as well as the first 1 not sure if this is a radio problem or a problem with the steering pot or the board. Because i bought a kt432 pt and 1 of my cars still has a steering problem. I do like the new radio a bit better and think it might be a better radio for the miniz.

bmmcwhirt
2016.02.01, 04:10 PM
I'm a bit new to ground RC and I'm looking at getting a Mini-Z (actually I'm just deciding which one to get). So that explains my lack of knowledge.

I've been looking at getting an FS-IT4 for my 1/10 car which is just convenient that it will work with some of the newer Mini-z.

Has anyone did a feature/difference comparison of the FS-IT4, FS-IT4S and the KT-432PT?

The IT4S and KT-432PT are similar in brice but the IT4 is about half the price of the other two.

mleemor60
2016.02.01, 04:21 PM
The biggest difference that I am aware of is the KT432P is switchable to left hand use while the It-4 is not. The KT432P is available with or without the extra receiver that allows for other than Mini-Z use. The 432 also has U.S. based warranty consideration. Not sure about the It-4.

I have seen some steering "pot" issues that went away when the chassis was re-centered to match a centered radio trim.

bmmcwhirt
2016.02.01, 06:03 PM
The biggest difference that I am aware of is the KT432P is switchable to left hand use while the It-4 is not. The KT432P is available with or without the extra receiver that allows for other than Mini-Z use. The 432 also has U.S. based warranty consideration. Not sure about the It-4.

I have seen some steering "pot" issues that went away when the chassis was re-centered to match a centered radio trim.

The warranty and left hand are of no concern to me, I'm sure the warranty is a big thing for others. Is the KT432P based on the it4 or the it4s? There isn't a whole lot of difference but there is some: http://imgmgr.banggood.com/images/upload/2014/12/SKU230988%20pdf.pdf

I don't know that there is any of the updated features I need I just like to be well informed. At this point I'm leaning towards the FS-IT4 because I can get it, the RX and all the sensor modules for US$130. I know the sensors are not usable in the Mini-Z but as stated I have a 1/10 that I can put them in.

On top of that I will probably be getting the MA-020S kit that has the KT-19 with it so I will have a backup radio. With my quadcopters I've learned it's essential to have a backup radio. I'm just trying to decide which is going to be the best main radio for me.

mleemor60
2016.02.01, 06:27 PM
Somebody with more recent knowledge of the F/S needs to jump in. Soon after the "S" series mini-Z's became available there was a lot of interest in anything better than the KT-19. When the KT432 was being rumored I quit paying attention.