PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian GP

Mondo
2002.08.17, 05:25 AM
Yeeha!

The Hungarian GP kicks off this weekend.
Qualifying this afternoon!

Other news:

New Minardi pilot Anthony Davidson got a $1000 dollar fine for speeding in the pit lane.
He set a new record for the fastest speed ever recorded in the pit lane. Well, he is a rookie after all.

Arrows are not racing as their financial probelsm are not yet resolved.
Niki Lauda (Jaguar/Ford) stated quite clearly that Arrows had not paid Ford/Cosworth for the engines by the specified deadline.
The future of Arrows looks shaky.

In the same press conference Niki Lauda also admitted that Cosworth had made Jordan a proposal for a supply of Engines for the 2003 season.
This is still under review by Eddie Jordan. No decisions yet.

Mondo
2002.08.17, 07:20 AM
Quite an exciting qualifying session, dominated by the scarlet Ferrari's.

1. Reubens Barichello - Ferrari
2. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
3. Ralf Schumacher - Williams/BMW
4. Juan Pablo Monotya - Williams/BMW
5. Giancarlo Fisichella - Jordan/Honda
6. Jarno Trulli - Renault
7. Felipe Massa - Sauber
8. Nick Heidfeld - Sauber
9. Jensen Button - Reanult
10. David Coulthard - McLaren/Mercedes

Rookie Anthony Davidson did qualify for the race, well done newbie.

A tight session for Ferrari with the drivers splitting hairs.
Again Ralf Schumacher outshined his team mate JPM.
The McLaren drivers had a poor session. The unfortunate McLarens never really shined at all during the session.

Obeesi
2002.08.17, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Mondo Rookie Anthony Davidson did qualify for the race, well done newbie.

20. Anthony Davidson Minardi Asiatech + 4,626

Davidson was last, I think anybody could do that :D

Mondo
2002.08.17, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Obeesi

20. Anthony Davidson Minardi Asiatech + 4,626

Davidson was last, I think anybody could do that :D

Not Alex Yoong!

Obeesi
2002.08.17, 08:41 AM
Alex has done it eight times this year, four times he didn't qualify to the race.

Skylineboy
2002.08.18, 03:34 AM
Does the press in England say anything about the poor preformance of McLaren? I've been a McLaren fan all my life and I just hope they will get some speed out of their cars soon.

Any news on which team Mark Webber will be driving for next year?

Skylineboy.

Ps... to prove I'm a fan, I've build a Tamiya model of a McLaren MP-4/13 back in 1994. I was still building the car when Senna died in his Williams at Imola :(

Skylineboy
2002.08.18, 03:41 AM
With the engine cover removed.....

After 1993.... they banned traction control, active suspension system, Anti-Lock Braking... etc...

From memory... I think the MP-4-13 can switch to an automatic gear shift... it is amost 10 years ago but it is still pretty advanced car!

Skylineboy.

Obeesi
2002.08.18, 07:10 AM
Jordan is next year Jordan-Ford, they make a three year deal with a Ford. I think that McLaren is a middleclass team right now, poor performance in every section :(

Mondo
2002.08.18, 10:13 AM
Ferrari drove an exhibition race (again)
Reubens Barichello led from start to finish, with Michael Schumacher following team orders and trailing him.
Ferrari had two objectives for this race. To win the Constructors Championship, which they secured as planned and to get Reubens Barichello into 2nd place in the drivers Championship which they achieved too.

To add insult to injury, 5 laps from the end Michael Schumacher dropped just under 4 seconds behind Barichello and then broke the Hungaro Ring lap record by 0.5 seconds, which was 2.7 seconds faster than any other teams fastest lap of the race.
This also demonstrated that he could have taken Barichello at will, but as the Ferrari Race Director, Ross Braun said: "We (Ferrari) controlled the race all along and we told the Team not to race one another"

The McLaren drivers did well to get deserved points positions.
They clawed their way up throught the field to pass the Saubers and Renaults.

In light of signing a 3 year deal with Ford/Cosworth, Eddie Jordan's team got a points finish.
Apparently, Jaguar (who is owned by Ford) team boss Nikki Lauda was strongly opposed to Jordan getting the Ford powerplant for the next 3 years.

Once again Juan Pablo Montoya showed that he's no match for Ralf Schumacher or any other decent driver and due to him not being able to stay on the track, he crawled the "best of the rest" Willams/BMW car to a lowly 11th place

The British broadcasters ITV were very focussed on Anthony Davidson, the new kid on the grid.
He lost it towards the end of the race and spun off.

The results are:

1. Reubens Barichello - Ferrari
2. Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
3. Ralf Schumacher - Williams/BMW
4. Kimi Raikkonen - McLaren/Mercedes
5. David Coulthard - McLaren/Mercedes
6. Giancarlo Fissichela - Jordan/Honda

Overall an entertaining race.

Obeesi
2002.08.18, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Skylineboy
Any news on which team Mark Webber will be driving for next year?

Jaguar...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/2201258.stm

Skylineboy
2002.08.18, 10:48 AM
Great drives from David Coulthard and Kimi Raikkonen, from 10th and 11 on the grid to 4th and 5th.... however... still a long long way from a Ferrari. Just hope and prayed that they will have better machinary next year.

West.F1
2002.08.18, 11:26 AM
mclaren:

mclaren's definately did a great job today especially from starting in mid- grid and getting in points without any reliability problems. the fiasco in silverstone was sheer embarrassment.

it was also another good duel for kimi and JPM while it lasted. i think it would have continued even more had Juan was able to continue

ferrari:

Congrats to RB for his win (though it was handed to him ;) )
MS could have eaten him for breakfast but as mentioned, team orders are in play now. RB will see the podium alot for the remainder of the races. even though MS is world champ, there's still a few races left to be forced to swallowing second knowing RB is not as skilled.

williams:

congrats to RS for a podium finish. takes some talent to get a podium spot and ironically he didn't get much coverage today.
on top of that i think it was really funny getting handed that rinky dink trophy for third! :p

mini-z
2002.08.20, 12:34 PM
Once again Juan Pablo Montoya showed that he's no match for Ralf Schumacher or any other decent driver and due to him not being able to stay on the track, he crawled the "best of the rest" Willams/BMW car to a lowly 11th place

I was so happy to see Kimi muscle past JPM after that incident in the last race!