PDA

View Full Version : Diff Tools

TECHN0
2002.08.18, 12:23 AM
I also bought a couple of dif shafts but they didn't come with any ellen wrench to. What size of ellen wrench should I get?

Are there like a total tool set from Kyosho or other makers?

Techn0

Slonik
2002.08.18, 02:06 AM
I already had all my tools from previous cars, but for the diff 1.5mm allen wrench works fine. For my mini z all I use is a screwdriver (two heads, normal and phillips), a drill, and pliers. I usually just have those handy. Oh yeah also the wheel nut thingy. Yes there are complete mini z tool sets, I think there is one on sale here at the shop.

TECHN0
2002.08.18, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Slonik
I already had all my tools from previous cars, but for the diff 1.5mm allen wrench works fine. For my mini z all I use is a screwdriver (two heads, normal and phillips), a drill, and pliers. I usually just have those handy. Oh yeah also the wheel nut thingy. Yes there are complete mini z tool sets, I think there is one on sale here at the shop.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have most of what you have except the allen wrench. The tools you're talking about in the shop does not include the allen wrench nor the nut wrench. I've found that some of the wheels have a smaller diameter so the nut wrench that came with the car will not fit.

Techn0

Slonik
2002.08.18, 02:14 AM
There are some pretty good and cheap allen wrench sets that include like 20 different ones from .5mm to like 8mm.

BTW, where is Arcadia, CA?

TECHN0
2002.08.18, 02:16 AM
it's near Pasedena, CA. You every heard of the Santa Anita Race Track? for horses.

Techn0