PDA

View Full Version : hi there, nood with a few questions

delta19
2015.04.03, 08:04 PM
hi, im new here and like the title says i have a few questions.

the back end of my mr-03s keeps spinning out, tips on how to stop this

how do i tell what rims i need

whats the difference between narrow and wide

obligation pic of my mr-03s
its a Nissan skyline r32

http://puu.sh/h0CV8/2571618475.JPG
and a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIgazyaF3O8

Jshwaa
2015.04.03, 08:21 PM
Wow, that's a large pic.

hi, im new here and like the title says i have a few questions.

I feel your pain with regards to losing the rear end on these cars, but it starts with matching your tire composition with the surface you are running on. Also, stay away from slick tile floors. You have to slow your car down so much to avoid losing the rear end on slick surfaces, and it's no fun....

There are some experts here that can tell you everything you need to know about tires as it pertains to racing and the different surfaces they race on, however it all comes down to friction, which is a product of the downward force the tires have to the ground, and the surface area of contact the tire has with the surface.

In other words, the more tire friction, the less chance of losing the rear end. To optimize on that friction, go with the widest tires you can, and if you have an option of displacing 'any' mass on the car, let it be towards the rear, where you can create more downward force on the rear tires.

I have a mod that I put on a THIS THREAD (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40228) if you wanted to check out how to make a 'really wide' rear end. I'm having fun with it, but beware of two things...the added friction will put a hurting on your ball diff if you have a hot motor, thus causing you to tighten up the ball diff to the extent of affecting your steering. There's almost never a free lunch when it comes to mod'ing.

LED
2015.04.04, 07:14 AM
Nr 1 mistake that beginners make with stock diffs is overtightning the nuts on the left hand side.
When you pick up the car and spin one wheel with your fingers, the other wheel should smoothly and freely spin in the other direction. If you screw the nuts to securely the diff will not work and you will spin out easily.

herman
2015.04.04, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the forums...

- well, softer tires would help.... but you will eventually start to spin once they pick up dirt... I saw your video and after a couple of seconds... I got the picture... Is the whole video about your car spinning? try learning throttle control... and take led's advice as well. Try practicing figure 8's slowly and get a feel of it.

- you don't need any rims, the one you are currently using is quite specific for that particular body

- if you are pertaining to tires, wide tires are 11mm wide, while narrow tires are 8.5mm wide. If you are pertaining to the chassis type, the wide chassis has a wider track width compared to the narrow chassis.

delta19
2015.04.04, 10:38 PM
Welcome to the forums...

- well, softer tires would help.... but you will eventually start to spin once they pick up dirt... I saw your video and after a couple of seconds... I got the picture... Is the whole video about your car spinning? try learning throttle control... and take led's advice as well. Try practicing figure 8's slowly and get a feel of it.

- you don't need any rims, the one you are currently using is quite specific for that particular body

- if you are pertaining to tires, wide tires are 11mm wide, while narrow tires are 8.5mm wide. If you are pertaining to the chassis type, the wide chassis has a wider track width compared to the narrow chassis.

that video was just a joke video poking at how easy spinning out is, and most of the time i drive at 50-60% throttle yet i still spin out. i'll try cleaning off the wheels and giving the car a good wipe down.

rims, need i do not but, want then i do. also i well need new ones if i glue my tires on or if i ever break them.

was talking about chassis but thanks for the tip about wheels, should come in handy later in the future.

herman
2015.04.05, 10:40 AM
Clean the tires off with plain water, some use alcohol. Spinning out will depend on what type of surface you drive on... Unless they are clean, tiled, wooden, vinyl or similar type floors are notoriously known for spin outs when your tires are dirty.

Rims are body specific, and have corresponding offsets for a specific body. If I remember it right your r32 has 1.5 front and -1 rear offset, just look for the corresponding part no.

The mr03 variant is sort of a one chassis fits all bodies. When kyosho first came out with the mini-z (mr01), the front track width was 48mm. Then when kyosho came out with the mr02 they increased the front track width to 53mm, and correspondingly came out with mr02 specific bodies. This meant that most mr01 bodies (with 0 front and rear offsets) could not be used with the mr02 chassis. Then kyosho came out with the mr03 which gave you the option of using an mr01 or mr02 front track width depending on what body you want to use. Thus a one chassis fits all bodies type of chassis.

Hope this helps.

Jshwaa
2015.04.05, 12:24 PM
that video was just a joke video poking at how easy spinning out is, and most of the time i drive at 50-60% throttle yet i still spin out. i'll try cleaning off the wheels and giving the car a good wipe down.

rims, need i do not but, want then i do. also i well need new ones if i glue my tires on or if i ever break them.

was talking about chassis but thanks for the tip about wheels, should come in handy later in the future.

TRIM DOWN YOUR THROTTLE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40227)

delta19
2015.04.05, 05:08 PM
Clean the tires off with plain water, some use alcohol. Spinning out will depend on what type of surface you drive on... Unless they are clean, tiled, wooden, vinyl or similar type floors are notoriously known for spin outs when your tires are dirty.

Rims are body specific, and have corresponding offsets for a specific body. If I remember it right your r32 has 1.5 front and -1 rear offset, just look for the corresponding part no.

The mr03 variant is sort of a one chassis fits all bodies. When kyosho first came out with the mini-z (mr01), the front track width was 48mm. Then when kyosho came out with the mr02 they increased the front track width to 53mm, and correspondingly came out with mr02 specific bodies. This meant that most mr01 bodies (with 0 front and rear offsets) could not be used with the mr02 chassis. Then kyosho came out with the mr03 which gave you the option of using an mr01 or mr02 front track width depending on what body you want to use. Thus a one chassis fits all bodies type of chassis.

Hope this helps.

it does thanks!

TRIM DOWN YOUR THROTTLE (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40227)

even if i did have the tools to do that.... :eek:

Jshwaa
2015.04.05, 07:27 PM
even if i did have the tools to do that....

It's not that bad. PM me if you are interested. I'll walk you through it.... :)

delta19
2015.04.05, 08:00 PM
It's not that bad. PM me if you are interested. I'll walk you through it.... :)

its not a matter of if i can do it or not (wouldnt have a job if i couldnt do that), its just when i mod my own stuff like that it always ends bad for me.