PDA

View Full Version : When do I need to change the car body?

ilove599xx
2015.04.08, 10:22 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131805935@N05/16896141618/in/photostream
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131805935@N05/16876510777/in/photostream

I feel like when parts fell away, if I stick them back they usually fall away pretty soon. So when is the time to change a new body?

What do you guys think of R246 bodies? I feel they are cheaper.

I was counting winning cars from R246 Cup in Japan. I found out R8, 350Z, Enzo are the most popular champion cars, what do you guys think?

DMALMAD
2015.04.08, 10:33 PM
Yea it definetly looks like you need a new body. I like the feel of the r8 and the ferrari 458 for driving fastest but these two are not the most durable bodies. I think the best body, especially for a beginner is the mosler body made by trp. It is very strong, wide, and generally a very fast and stable body in terms of handling. The new McLaren is also really fast but is even lighter than the Audi R8 and I have 6 Broken Audi bodies (that is also due to using tape as a window). So try the Mosler body and if that doesn't match your driving style try the 458 after that.

ilove599xx
2015.04.08, 11:22 PM
Yea it definetly looks like you need a new body. I like the feel of the r8 and the ferrari 458 for driving fastest but these two are not the most durable bodies. I think the best body, especially for a beginner is the mosler body made by trp. It is very strong, wide, and generally a very fast and stable body in terms of handling. The new McLaren is also really fast but is even lighter than the Audi R8 and I have 6 Broken Audi bodies (that is also due to using tape as a window). So try the Mosler body and if that doesn't match your driving style try the 458 after that.

Why do you think that I need a new body?

May I ask? cos when people told me they crash their cars, I don't know their definition of "crash".

I meant if I keep using this broken 599 body, will I not progress my skill? cos my car can still run with this body

arch2b
2015.04.09, 01:26 AM
What exactly are you asking? You had asked if it was time to change your body and someone recommended yes bases on the photos. You can drive it till it falls apart or is no longer compliant with your racing class rules, no mystery there.
Driving a beater body isn't going to make a difference in your skill development, just makes it cheaper. Find a body that suits your driving style and run it till it drops or rules say it isn't fit anymore.
Crash is a relative term that means different things to various people. I have kids so crashing for me is full on destruction. For others, getting t boned on the rail or catching someone stuck on a rail is enough to send them into a tizzy. They are plastic bodies on RC chassis that drive around at fast speeds for the scale. The act of putting it on a track implies some measure of risk that is assumed and accepted. Some people are less understanding than others but for the most part, it's understood crashes will and do happen.

If you know someone with various bodies your interested in, ask to take it for a test drive. I've found many bodies i thought looked good, did not suit my style at all. It's much cheaper than buying An autoscales only to find out it's not appropriate for you. That gets expensive really quick.

FHI, my sons 599 is missing the same piece. As long as the glass is glued in well, it doesn't matter if one or both of those parts are missing.

ilove599xx
2015.04.09, 01:44 AM
sorry maybe it was confusing

I just wanna know the comon standard

so when you think I need to change my body through my pictures, I wanna know what make you think of?

in my club most people drive 350z, they call that "God's car"

arch2b
2015.04.09, 01:48 AM
There is no common standard. It's subjective judgement or compliance with class rules. Some people get upset loosing mirrors, some will run a body held together with more hot glue than plastic. It really depends on you and your racing rules you need to comply with.

ilove599xx
2015.04.09, 02:05 AM
I asked this kind of question because sometimes people will tell me if I don't update a certain part, I can't progress my skill,

for an example, someone kept asking me to upgrate my mr03 sports damper, he said it's correct to use every part till they broke, but if I didn't upgrate my damper that would made me progress slowly.

so I thought if car body is the same thing according to his theory

DMALMAD
2015.04.09, 08:38 AM
Don't see the body as an upgrade but as a tuning method. Generally you should replace the body after major damage. So if you crack the lip just glue it back but if the whole front clip is cracked or if your pillars around the window are cracked it is better to be safe rather than sorry. Also I would not suggest just buying what someone tells you to get, a body is very much dependant on driver preferance and what you want it to look like. As for needing to get upgrade parts to improve your skill, it is not neccesary for becoming a better driver. Sometimes some parts are very helpful for tuning and geting the car to drive the way you want it but you don't have to get what everyone else has or everything avialable. Things like tuning springs and t-plates are neccesary for tuning and things like a dps system are also very useful but after that just upgrade based on budget and your level of success.

cowboysir
2015.04.09, 08:40 AM
A plastic body can change the way your chassis behaves due to the total weight distribution. I've found for myself that I like more weight on the front but with average front overhang like the 458 suits me.

The problem with the 350z is that it's 94mm and you'd have trouble converting your chassis to that wheelbase.

Good luck with your decision.

Jshwaa
2015.04.09, 03:40 PM
Will the Porsche 911 body fit on my MR-03S? What do you think about its weight distribution?

DMALMAD
2015.04.09, 03:44 PM
If I am not mistaken I think that the 911 is 90mm wheelbase and narrow so if you have the neccesary components to convert your 03s then it should work. However if you are trying to put it on you extra wide chassis I doubt it would fit but I am not an expert on the 911 bodies I am sure someone else will chime in.

Jshwaa
2015.04.09, 04:43 PM
If I am not mistaken I think that the 911 is 90mm wheelbase and narrow so if you have the neccesary components to convert your 03s then it should work. However if you are trying to put it on you extra wide chassis I doubt it would fit but I am not an expert on the 911 bodies I am sure someone else will chime in.

Yea, thanks. I was just talking in general anyway. I was thinking of eventually purchasing another mini-z, so as to have a standard 4-cell configuration, with more emphasis on body design, and I just love Porsches. Hope to own a real one someday :)

cowboysir
2015.04.09, 08:57 PM
The 911gt1 body is a great body for racing. +1 front (wide) and+2 rears at 90mm (get the pn 90mm mid motor mount) makes stable and agile with God front body shape for glancing off rcp walls.

The rear is a bit fragile though.