PDA

View Full Version : Front king pin mod?

stefano225
2015.04.14, 10:47 AM
I was looking in the marketplace today and notice few mr03 sport for sale with the front king pin mod, my question is whats the purpose ? and how to ?

DMALMAD
2015.04.14, 11:24 AM
The purpose is to not have the knuckle slide on the kingpin causing unnescary friction. All you do is pop the kingpin out of the bottom arm and the ball in the upper arm and switch them. The kingpin sits in the top and the pivot ball on bottom. This way the knuckle is really pushing the kingpin and the arm up with it eliminating the sliding on the kingpin. If you wamted to go even further you could drill a hole in the stock knuckle and put a set screw to lock the knuckle onto the kingpin to reduce any remaining slop. If you are going through all this trouble you may want to look into the reflex bottom spring suspension. It pretty much does the same thing but puts the spring under the lower arm. It is only 15$ and I think they may have a few still left in stock.

stefano225
2015.04.14, 01:11 PM
The purpose is to not have the knuckle slide on the kingpin causing unnescary friction. All you do is pop the kingpin out of the bottom arm and the ball in the upper arm and switch them. The kingpin sits in the top and the pivot ball on bottom. This way the knuckle is really pushing the kingpin and the arm up with it eliminating the sliding on the kingpin. If you wamted to go even further you could drill a hole in the stock knuckle and put a set screw to lock the knuckle onto the kingpin to reduce any remaining slop. If you are going through all this trouble you may want to look into the reflex bottom spring suspension. It pretty much does the same thing but puts the spring under the lower arm. It is only 15$ and I think they may have a few still left in stock.

I am going to try the inverted pin first.Where do you get the reflex bottom spring suspension from ?do you have a part number? .Thank you in advance.

unwritten
2015.04.14, 01:18 PM
I am going to try the inverted pin first.Where do you get the reflex bottom spring suspension from ?do you have a part number? .Thank you in advance.

if you are planning to invert the stock front kingpin, i would suggest PN Racing Mini-Z MR03 Teflon Ball King Pin Set. Part Number MR3055.
it used teflon ball, so it eliminates the heavy ball on top of the upper arm.