PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Basement Racing, RMZR...

imxlr8ed
2015.07.13, 12:00 PM
Going to try to get it up and rolling once again in the basement so we are not homeless once again. I want to get started this week on making the needed updates. I will update as I go.

lfisminiz
2015.07.13, 12:55 PM
Sounds good. Let me know. Hobby Hut won't be ready till August/September I believe.

mleemor60
2015.07.13, 05:21 PM
Be sure to contact JatoTheRipper. He wants in. He missed out on the 03S cars at railyard.

imxlr8ed
2015.07.14, 12:21 PM
I am in contact with Jato... thanks Mike!

imxlr8ed
2015.07.20, 11:55 AM
Really draggin my tail on getting this bathroom fixed up, no progress to report as of yet but I am going to start gathering needed materials this week.

Too much going on lately as most of my crew knows... but I'm still squirming.

lfisminiz
2015.07.20, 12:59 PM
Just let me/us know. ;)

imxlr8ed
2015.07.22, 12:42 PM
Bathroom should be done by this weekend, was putting up the shower walls last night. Not sure how much I'll get done in the basement this weekend but I'll pick at it here and there. If all goes well, I'm hoping to have the track down by next week.

lfisminiz
2015.07.22, 01:02 PM
Ok, so this weekend is out....right?

imxlr8ed
2015.07.22, 02:18 PM
Can't do it this weekend... hoping for August 2nd!

lfisminiz
2015.07.22, 09:03 PM
Ok. Doubt the 2nd for me. On vacation.

JatoTheRipper
2015.07.22, 10:53 PM
Looking forward to it.

imxlr8ed
2015.07.23, 10:43 AM
No more rain hazard in the basement. Bathtub is finally sealed... hopefully. I'll PM my address to you Jato.

lfisminiz
2015.07.23, 12:59 PM
Good to hear.....now the track and clean up.;):D

imxlr8ed
2015.07.25, 11:54 AM
Yep, got an old washing machine to haul out and an old table. Gotta re-organize my books and get the painting started this week. I wanna get it done before more junk collects.

imxlr8ed
2015.07.27, 12:36 PM
Back to the basement tonight... time to get the junk out and get the paint flowing. :o

lfisminiz
2015.07.27, 07:18 PM
:):):):):):):):)

imxlr8ed
2015.08.05, 05:36 PM
Free time rapidly shrinking, budget too... but I'm still pushing. I should have the paint by the weekend and I am gonna try to work this old washing machine out tonight. I should just go buy a handcart already but the last one I bought was used like twice and then mysteriously vanished as they usually do.

KWT
2015.08.05, 06:02 PM
Get a cheap one from Harbor Freight if there's one near you.

mleemor60
2015.08.05, 06:03 PM
Call a couple of the racers and have a track work day.

lfisminiz
2015.08.05, 06:55 PM
Free time rapidly shrinking, budget too... but I'm still pushing. I should have the paint by the weekend and I am gonna try to work this old washing machine out tonight. I should just go buy a handcart already but the last one I bought was used like twice and then mysteriously vanished as they usually do.

OK Ed... keep us updated.

imxlr8ed
2015.08.07, 02:59 PM
I've been taking many "Ed" work days lately... usually involves me in a bed falling asleep to Netflix. Much going on in the personal side of life right now, hoping for a few days of clarity to get rolling on the rest of it. Slow progress... but yes, a few worker bees would be nice!

So, any racers wanna come over and do my bidding? ;)

lfisminiz
2015.08.07, 08:42 PM
I've been taking many "Ed" work days lately... usually involves me in a bed falling asleep to Netflix. Much going on in the personal side of life right now, hoping for a few days of clarity to get rolling on the rest of it. Slow progress... but yes, a few worker bees would be nice!

So, any racers wanna come over and do my bidding? ;)

Im on vacation......

imxlr8ed
2015.08.10, 05:31 PM
Im on vacation......

Meaning?... ;)

lfisminiz
2015.08.10, 07:25 PM
Meaning?... ;)

Couldnt help....:p
Quinn is back in action again. ;)

DMALMAD
2015.08.10, 09:48 PM
Not to Hijack this thread but MHS is going back to RCP now so if you need your Mini-Z fix before you guys get your track back in action come on over (Don't worry it is only rubber tires).

lfisminiz
2015.08.10, 10:29 PM
Not to Hijack this thread but MHS is going back to RCP now so if you need your Mini-Z fix before you guys get your track back in action come on over (Don't worry it is only rubber tires).

Wow....what brought the change on?

imxlr8ed
2015.08.11, 11:52 PM
Wrestled the enemy up the stairs myself tonight. That had got to be the heaviest washing machine ever! So, still more junk to move, file away or burn out back. If someone wants to come over and apply a fresh coat of drylok on the walls, let me know.

imxlr8ed
2015.08.17, 01:17 PM
Ok, so left side is ready for paint, right needs a bit of re-arranging. Have a freezer and some various other items to remove. Planning to stop at the hardware store tonight to pick up the paint and gear and get it rolling again.

imxlr8ed
2015.08.18, 03:40 PM
Half a wall painted last night, hoping to have most of the paint done by Friday night. Repainting the floor as well... that's fairly easy but moving everything around is the pain. Cleared room in the shed, got a pile of RCP in the breezeway now. Not exactly sure if I want to go all blanks or just keep it typical. Gotta see if I got enough blanks first.

lfisminiz
2015.08.18, 03:58 PM
Sounds good buddy.:)

imxlr8ed
2015.08.19, 01:01 PM
Got the rest of the oddballs out last night, got one wall painted so far, just two more and then the floor.

Shooting for Sept. 6th now... hopefully my Core still works! I remember it was a bit glitch towards the end there because I had to re-solder the connection and I don't think I did too well of a job on that. Anyways, got a little box freezer to move out yet, treadmill should leave tonight.

Progress... what a pain in the a$$!

mleemor60
2015.08.19, 05:49 PM
Contact Jato. He said he would be glad to help.

imxlr8ed
2015.08.21, 03:46 PM
I should have it all ready by the 6th, two members are stopping by tonight to help and Quinn has been pitching in too. Walls are as done as they are getting, one section of floor painted, the next 5 gallons goes on tonight.

Mini-freezer leaves tonight, hopefully. Finally got rid of that treadmill too! Back to 12 pit spaces very soon.

imxlr8ed
2015.08.24, 11:43 AM
Walls are painted, floor is painted.

Now, time to pick through the RCP collection to get the layout down. Hoping to get the Core fired back up and tested before the weekend.

Oh, and in case you didn't already know... divorce is hell!

Thank the lord for Mini-Z to help me try to keep my mind off it here and there!

It's not a "hobby", it is a discipline.

lfisminiz
2015.08.24, 12:59 PM
Ya......I know! ;)
I think Al will be calling you about the hobby shop date.

hilldebrandt
2015.08.24, 07:22 PM
Ed, sorry to hear of the "D" thing. I know it's hell all to well.
I doubt I'll be racing dirt this winter, so now there's no racing at Railyard, I might have to fire up the z's for basement racing come October.....lol

lfisminiz
2015.08.24, 10:35 PM
Ed, sorry to hear of the "D" thing. I know it's hell all to well.
I doubt I'll be racing dirt this winter, so now there's no racing at Railyard, I might have to fire up the z's for basement racing come October.....lol

About time! :D

imxlr8ed
2015.08.25, 11:20 AM
Cool, tune those left hand turn skills by making some rights!

No progress last night, but all's that left to do is lay the track down.

imxlr8ed
2015.08.26, 02:43 PM
Seats and tables are all arranged, tables wiped off, 95% of the junk is out, floor and walls are fully painted. could be ready by this coming Sunday the 30th.

Track tile sorting begins tonight, so anyone willing to come over and help is more than welcome.

Mike Keely
2015.08.26, 04:21 PM
If I was local I would be there today Ed!

imxlr8ed
2015.08.27, 01:53 AM
Thanks Mike! You wouldn't happen to have a 50 gallon water heater on ya? ;)

Yep kept hearing this drip drip as I am laying out the tiles, finally figured out it was the water heater. So, that's the next project. Cold showers should guarantee high motivation levels!

Anyways... the track is laid out! A little lumpy yet but it should settle down as it always does. Took a test drive, of course. It's a simple layout so far, no custom cut tiles or anything like that but once it smooths out it should work just fine. So I'll go ahead and declare a test and tune for Sunday if the other venue is not ready yet.

JatoTheRipper
2015.08.28, 12:15 AM
Sorry, I have been busy with life or I would have offered to help sooner. Let me know if you need any other help. Feel free to text me.

I'm not sure I'll make it over Sunday because I am supposed to hangout with my dad. But I really can't wait to break out my Mini-Z and give racing at this scale a try.

Where is the "other venue"?

imxlr8ed
2015.08.28, 02:30 PM
The water heater is replaced!

The new layout is down!

Even managed to cut some grass yesterday!

Quinn is coming over tonight for some practice laps. The track is a bit lumpy in spots but it will get run in and settle a bit more.

We should be rolling by 8:30 tonight.

Only rule... keep the noise down a bit. (no yelling, screamin, bitchin... not that we ever get to that level :) )

lfisminiz
2015.08.28, 09:58 PM
Sorry, I have been busy with life or I would have offered to help sooner. Let me know if you need any other help. Feel free to text me.

I'm not sure I'll make it over Sunday because I am supposed to hangout with my dad. But I really can't wait to break out my Mini-Z and give racing at this scale a try.

Where is the "other venue"?

Hi, the new hobbyshop is in Audubon area. Might be ready next weekend. More info and address will be up as we get closer. ;)

imxlr8ed
2015.08.31, 11:34 AM
Why isn't Al posting this information on here?

Gotta promote it buddy!

Anywho... the Core fired up first time and worked flawlessly all night! Track has smoothed out a bit more, not perfect yet but soon will be.

lfisminiz
2015.08.31, 12:58 PM
Why isn't Al posting this information on here?

Gotta promote it buddy!

Anywho... the Core fired up first time and worked flawlessly all night! Track has smoothed out a bit more, not perfect yet but soon will be.

I don't think he is posting anything until it's official. It looks like this coming Sunday might be a go for the new venue....will be updated. :)

imxlr8ed
2015.08.31, 01:26 PM
Found some pics online of the new location, reminds me of the first Hobbytown location we had years back. Hope we get a bit of pit space out of it.

imxlr8ed
2015.09.11, 12:20 PM
Ok... looking at Sept. the 20th as a possible full-on Sunday Raceday.

Anyone interested? The Core has worked flawlessly, the track has leveled out nicely... pretty sure everything is ready to go. Pit space available for ten right now, possible twelve if needed (excluding my pit mess, of course).

I still have some decisions to make about the "Grab Class" cars, but so far I am leaning towards 102 LM cars, regular rims, stock motors, stock diffs, 7tooth. I still want to buy a few more tidbits for each car but I am hoping to have them all "equalized" by next month.

abasualdo
2015.09.14, 09:29 AM
Handout car idea sounds great, 20th works for me.

imxlr8ed
2015.09.14, 10:59 AM
We'll start at 11am. If you all have your Core transponders, bring them along because I will more than likely be dumping my current database of drivers and reloading everyone again.

imxlr8ed
2015.09.18, 02:45 PM
Going to cancel the 20th of September, too much going on right now... more than I planned.

If anyone wants to race next month, let me know!

imxlr8ed
2015.09.23, 01:29 PM
We need a date for October...

Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the 11th.

Also, the Grab Stock class is building nicely. I chose 98mm, Atomic VDS2 bodies, LM rims and 30F, 20R tires. They will be stock motors for now as soon as I sort them all out and give them a good cleanout. Looking at 6 or 7 tooth, stock diff, ball bearings, alloy knuckles.

8 chassis to be finished, tuned and equalized... should be fun!

imxlr8ed
2015.09.30, 01:37 PM
Well, scheduling is not really up for a set date. But I am open for pick up races whenever. Weekends are kinda out for me for a bit but I am still tuning here and there.

So far, the Grab Class is 80% there. I have assembled all of the chassis' identically. I will be designing my own nearly indestructible LM wheels so I can get some offset on the rear wheels while they are mounted on the non-LM stock diffs. All are 7 tooth, Stock diffs with globs of fresh grease in them. I have a further assembled Grab car to test with for now, I took it for a few laps last night and it is a very predictable car. I think it was a good choice to go with the LM tires, they don't peel off the rims as easy and there is more to wear down.

Batteries will be on order soon. Still not sure if I am getting the VDS2 bodies painted or dipped. Parts still coming, looking forward to it! :D

Oh, and I may be posting a bunch of bodies for sale on here soon. Gonna get some pics tonight of what is going away!

abasualdo
2015.09.30, 03:49 PM
If Friday nights are out for you, what about restarting the Thursday night DOW tradition again?

lfisminiz
2015.09.30, 09:21 PM
For me Friday, even Thursday are possible once in a blue moon...of course i say thast because work is always a factor.:(

imxlr8ed
2015.10.12, 05:10 PM
Slow going waiting on some parts but the Grab Class is 95% done.

Custom LM wheels came in last week, also the 64 800mah cells. Still waiting on bodies and LM tires. Then maybe some painting and we should be ready to go!

Should be interesting once this gets rolling. I may have a day where I just tell everyone to leave their own cars at home. ;)

imxlr8ed
2015.10.12, 11:49 PM
8 MR03 Sports, 8 alloy knuckles, full bearings in all, custom LM rim kits, all stock diff, 7 tooth, stock motors, 64 800mah cycled cells... waiting on tires and bodies then hopefully, some testing, tuning, then racing!

The bodied, tired car is my current test mule. So far, not a single tweak needed anywhere. Very solid platform.

imxlr8ed
2015.10.16, 02:09 PM
Bodies and tires are hopefully at the PO. waiting to be picked up, finished off the controller mods last night, cells are well cycled, just a bit of prep and paint then some more testing and these cars will be ready to roll out.

DMALMAD
2015.10.18, 08:20 PM
Tires are going to be the most important control, are you going to use handout tires or just a spec tire? Are you going to spec a certain front tire min and max height and the way they are mounted? Just curious is all.

For me I think the best way to spec the tires would be to allow everyone to buy their own but only use one set front and rear every race day and mandate a narrow window of front sidewall height (22mm-22.75mm). Also there is an advantage to be had when gluing tires to rims so even specing the tire tape would be a good idea too. Handing out tires yourself everyrace would be costly and time conusming but if you are willing to do that, you could easily make all the cars level.

imxlr8ed
2015.10.19, 11:33 AM
All eight of the cars have fresh Kyosho LM 30 fronts and Kyosho LM 20 rears... that's about as scientific as I plan to get. The cars will be selected via number selection. I will be charging all of the cells equally for every race.

So, all anyone has to do is show up, pick a number out of a bag, and they will be given a car, a controller, two sets of fully charged cells. I may even get 32 more cells so nobody can charge a rampant amperages.

My goal with this class is to put everyone on a completely even playing field, it will all be based on skill and adaptability levels.

So far in my testing of the chassis', all of the cars are well matched... all seem to have exactly the same handling characteristics, same speeds. But I am just at the point of getting the tires worn in so once they are all roughed in I have no doubt that they will be complete clones (until I paint the bodies different colors :D ).

imxlr8ed
2015.10.19, 11:35 AM
There will be no "owned" cars in this class... the cars I bought for this class are the only cars that will be used. So I hope nobody tries to build their own "version" cause it won't be racing in this class! :p

imxlr8ed
2015.10.30, 12:25 PM
8 Spec cars, 8 controllers, 64 cells, 3WL track setup, 1 Core counter...

nobody to race with... :(

j/k

fastmax
2015.10.30, 01:23 PM
Cars look great! Wish I was in your area. I'd definitely be in for some racing.

imxlr8ed
2015.10.30, 01:49 PM
Wish you were closer too. :D

All cars are up and running except for car 8, I tried 3 different controllers so far and it seems as if the board just doesn't bind properly. If I hold the car nose down, throttle and steering work just fine but when I put the car level, they are both intermittent. So, I figured to check the connections. I even cleaned up the main board connections as well. Only thing I found was a bit of a weak (possibly cold) solder connection on the power switch. I re-soldered it but it wasn't the issue apparently because after I fired it up again, it did the exact same thing.

I'll dig deeper this weekend.

Other than that, 1 thru 7 work out just fine!

abasualdo
2015.11.10, 02:45 PM
Ed, when are we running/racing?
I am free this Sunday.

imxlr8ed
2015.11.10, 03:47 PM
I should be free this weekend, I don't know how this will ever work out to be what I think it should be but I am going through a tough time right now. Once other things get finalized and set in life. I may be able to commit to a schedule eventually, but this Sunday was kinda just left open and I didn't realize it until today.

So yeah, I'll be sitting in my basement this Sunday trying to wear in tires and such. If anybody wants to come burn some laps, feel free to join in!

abasualdo
2015.11.10, 03:56 PM
Cool, I'll be there, waiting to hear back from Eric.