PDA

View Full Version : kyosho brushless motor and mounting holes

cowboysir
2015.08.03, 09:41 AM
Considering trying some mount holes so I can try my kyosho motors with my alloy motor mounts.

I have a Dremel drill press attachment so I believe I can create a smooth and square hole into the case.

I'd like some suggestions from members who've done it on hole depth and suggestions on what to use for tapping the hole.

Thanks in advance.

byebye
2015.08.03, 03:03 PM
Considering trying some mount holes so I can try my kyosho motors with my alloy motor mounts.

I have a Dremel drill press attachment so I believe I can create a smooth and square hole into the case.

I'd like some suggestions from members who've done it on hole depth and suggestions on what to use for tapping the hole.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sure arch2b will jump in on this one. One of the guys in our club has done a few already, drilled and tapped. We have a race this weekend so I'll see if I can get some pictures of what he used and some of the tips he has for the job.

Kris

KWT
2015.08.05, 05:11 PM
There is very little clearance between the case and wires. I know of at least two motors that were ruined already, including Arch2b's. You can probably drive the hole but I think you won't have much room for a normal tap.

mleemor60
2015.08.05, 07:06 PM
You have to use a bottoming tap to actually cut the threads. It helps to break the motor down as well so you can blow the slag and debris out of the can.