PDA

View Full Version : MA020 metal knuckles!?!?

Minizorro
2015.09.07, 02:12 PM
Hi all.
I have a MA020 VE which is pretty fast but the front plastic knuckles are really bad. They break constantly and pop out of the suspension easily if I add a simple .5 spacer to lower the ride (bottom kingpin not long enough).
I'm puzzled why no one makes metal knuckles for this car.
Has anyone tried to adapt some old ma01 knuckle or the x-power metal knuckle (which is designed for the custom x-power suspension)??
Any tip is really appreciated.

rojak
2016.01.12, 03:24 AM
I have same problem, temporarily solution use hard spring.
Groundzero racing produce alu knuckle for MA-020.
Have a look
http://www groundzero-racing com/asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=111&products_id=307 (http://www(dot)groundzero-racing(dot)com/asia/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=111&products_id=307)

byebye
2016.01.12, 06:55 AM
Yeah there is only a small aftermarket for the ma-020.

Kris

Minizorro
2016.02.04, 03:56 PM
Cheers guys.
Yep, the ground zero knuckles are finally out.
I have them,already tried them, they work great.
First they don't break like the plastic kyosho, as they are made of steel and aluminium.
Second, the kingpin is longer so it (finally!) won't pop out of the lower suspension plate.
They also have an ingenuous method for adjusting camber, never seen this on small scale, works great. It does need some sort of gauge to get a specific camber angle and the same on each side, but I'm currently setting it up by eye and the car works great.
I'm using the grund zero knuckles together with the PN alu steering rod and I now have front suspensions that don't break.

ajgiov
2016.02.06, 12:49 AM
thanks minizoro
I saw your thread on the knuckles from GZ

dumb question as I am new to miniz.

stock what do I have wide or narrow with this kit?

Kyosho Mini-Z AWD MA-020S Subaru Impreza WRC 2002

ajgiov
2016.03.08, 11:59 AM
I ordered a set of Ground Zero universals short and they sent the long ones.
Honest mistake but I have not been able to get an email response from them in over a week to remedy the matter.

Minizorro
2016.03.08, 06:18 PM
Strange, they have always replied to my emails and my experience with their service has always been great, maybe resend a mail, I'm sure they will sort things out for you. Regarding the width of the imprEza I don't know, I have both narrow and wide cause I want to change shell often as I get bored... I guess it's a narrow but im just guessing. With a narrow setup you can always use big offset wheels to fit wider cars..

rojak
2016.05.08, 06:02 AM
thanks minizoro
I saw your thread on the knuckles from GZ

dumb question as I am new to miniz.

stock what do I have wide or narrow with this kit?

Kyosho Mini-Z AWD MA-020S Subaru Impreza WRC 2002
IMHO this kit for narrow offset